GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Masterloan and PPI Claim - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Masterloan and PPI Claim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Masterloan and PPI Claim

I have received the following letter from Barclays today:

"I can confirm the loan was for £15,000 and was covered by PPI, the premium for which took the total opnening balance on the loan to £19,356."

"This was scheduled to be repaid over 60 months of £322,.60."

NOW, Barclays have also said:

"Due to the type of loan, i am unable to provide you immediately with a copy of the original agreement....I apologise if you have asked for this information previosuly and I have upheld this part of yuor complaint."

So, I have a potentially big PPI claim but no CCA with which to determine the amount of PPI or the APR that applied.

What can I about this? Is there any mathematical formula that can help me figure this without sight of the CCA?

Re: Masterloan and PPI Claim

Hiya

Wow that is great TDS well done!

So have you asked them to provide you with a detailed breakdown?

In regards of the maths side of it, amersall may know this one, me not good on workings out, but I will see if she can help of have any idea on this part of it for you.

How long ago did you take out this account? I take it it must be a old and settled one - if they cannot provide you with the CCA.

Comment

Di, it is still current and I still owe them approx £6,500.

I am paying them reduced monthly payments.

They won't / can't send me a CCA Di, so I can't work out what I shopuld do to calculate the PPI claim, given what they have said in their letter (above). The math just doesn't make sense, because if the loan principle was £15K and the PPI made up the difference, as they say, that would mean a 0% APR which isn't the case.

So I have assumed that the interest is already loaded onto the £15K (on the basis of what they have said in their letter) with a bulk PPI of £4356 but this can't be the case either because they would have applied APR to that sum as well.

Assuming the PPI is 22.5% of the loan principle how do I go about this?

Should I just insist Barclays provide a breakdown? Problem here is that they just won't do it even if they are supposed to!!!!!!!!! They just get away with whatever they like.

So I'm stuck Ize is. And Ize want to get this claim in! ;-(
      Last edited by The Debt Star; 3 February 2011, 16:57.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post

They won't / can't send me a CCA Di, so I can't work out what I shopuld do to calculate the PPI claim, given what they have said in their letter (above). The math just doesn't make sense, because if the loan principle was £15K and the PPI made up the difference, as they say, that would mean a 0% APR which isn't the case.

So I have assumed that the interest is already loaded onto the £15K (on the basis of what they have said in their letter) with a bulk PPI of £4356 but this can't be the case either because they would have applied APR to that sum as well.

Should I just insist Barclays provide a breakdown? Problem here is that they just won't do it even if they are supposed to!!!!!!!!! They just get away with whatever they like.

This is tricky if they are not enclosing any details to you.
        I assumed just as long as the account is still an open account they should hold these details of the CCA.
        What was the reason they gave you for not being able to provide this to you?

Did you contact the Information Commissioner's office (ICO) about this, its your right to have these details on request, and I take it you also enclosed the requested £1 postal order or cheque for the CCA request?

I know with Lloyds they were difficult as I kept on about them sending me a detailed breakdown, they only did so when I emailed the CEO a few weeks down the line.

I really don't know about the APR side of it but it should not matter what type of loan it was, they should still have these details.
        Have you tried contacting the CEO?

Comment

Hi there, you may yet get the cca (or a copy of it ) as barclays say " i am unable to provide you immediately with a copy of the original agreement"
          .was the original loan amount you borrowed £15000? as this may be the amount total with interest. The ppi also could have been less but interest took it to £4356.Ask barclays for a breakdown, they will oblige.

Well done on your win sorry i couldnt help more with calcs

Comment

Originally posted by di30 View Post
            This is tricky if they are not enclosing any details to you.
            I assumed just as long as the account is still an open account they should hold these details of the CCA.
            What was the reason they gave you for not being able to provide this to you?

Did you contact the Information Commissioner's office (ICO) about this, its your right to have these details on request, and I take it you also enclosed the requested £1 postal order or cheque for the CCA request?

I know with Lloyds they were difficult as I kept on about them sending me a detailed breakdown, they only did so when I emailed the CEO a few weeks down the line.

I really don't know about the APR side of it but it should not matter what type of loan it was, they should still have these details.
            Have you tried contacting the CEO?
            They dint give a reason Di, but as Amersall says, they may yet send me one. I wonder though, as on my credit card they never did send a CCA (despite saying they did in a letter with no enclosures). so we'll see.

ok, so you recommend asking them for a breakdown. I'll get onto that.

I have CCA'd them yes and paid the £1 but they have ignored that. sent recorded and was delivered to them.

ICO have been about as useless as wet cement on my other claims...

how do I go about contacting barclay's CEO?

cheers,
            DS

Comment

robert.diamond@barclaysplc.com

Comment

Thank you amersall, your a star.

Yes use the email amersall posted and hopefully they will get back to you, its possible the CEO will pass the details on to the staff and ensure they get on with their job that they should have done in the first place.

Comment

Hi there, i have read this wrong !! you have not put a claim in yet for mis sell? if you have not then you need to get a claim in now,you do not need figures to make a claim just the account number and reasons for mis sell, you are wasting valuable time waiting for a cca that you dont need to make a claim.When you win mis sell they do the calcs for you, you do not need to tell them the amount you are claiming back. Just a simple letter in your own words will do.
                  You believe you were mis sold this insurance because... and give your reasons, that is how easy this is.
                  Just to let you know, if you win mis sell, then this has the potential to clear this loan, if your ppi total was over 4000 as they have to reset the loan which will take the total ppi off the balance. The ppi monthly amounts you have made to date will be given back to you (obviously with you having reduced payments the ppi for the months you paid reduced loan payments will be less, as you will not have paid the full ppi monthly amounts). Please get your letter off now send it recorded and give them 8 weeks to reply. Get your letter off now send it recorded and give them 8 weeks to reply.
                  Last edited by amersall; 4 February 2011, 09:16.

Comment

letter gone! cheers for the advice guys. good work!

Comment

letter gone! cheers for the advice guys. good work!
                      Well done, and keep us posted

Comment

Actually, sorry to but in here but some of the opinions above are not 100% - as there is no CCA with a detailed breakdown then s.18 kicks in meaning the whole balance is relinquished......

It is all detailed in the relevant Unenforceability section here: ---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...0834#post10834

Basically, you'd be fighting under this act and asking for balance write off in totality....

I will move this thread to the proper place, in reclaiming!
                        Last edited by Never-In-Doubt; 6 February 2011, 17:29. Reason: typo
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

"I can confirm the loan was for £15,000 and was covered by PPI, the premium for which took the total opnening balance on the loan to £19,356."

"This was scheduled to be repaid over 60 months of £322,.60."
                          Assuming the figures above, this is before interest I presume? So you'd be looking to claim back the intial £4356 plus statutory interest at 8% PLUS refund of interest on the calculated monthly premium that would have added to the trailing interest within the loan repayments.....

If it was me, I'd be writing asking for a swap, write it off and close the account and leave it as paid in full, remove all late payment markers and settle the account with the CRA's - for you to walk away!
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

unfortunately the ppi claim was sent last friday in response to earlier posts. however i strongly suspect there is no CCA and hence why the bank has been playing silly buggers and ignoring the same.

Comment

Keep us posted TDS, we will get round this, no worries.

But I must admit, Niddy made a good point on this.

Comment

Working...
                              X