GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script ANMF mortgage ppi - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ANMF mortgage ppi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ANMF mortgage ppi

Hiya all Just a quick one

I had a mortgage with Abbey running from 1997-2002 which had PPI on including unemployment cover.

1- Can i make a reclaim on this or is it exempt/too old?

2- I cannot locate the account number anywhere, but do know
    exact dates the mortgage was running, would this be a problem?

Cheers
    Fight the good fight and we will prevail
    Proud to be a member of the AAD community

Re: ANMF mortgage ppi

Hiya Slick

Despite what others like claims companies say there is no time limit to PPI Claims although obviously it will be harder due to tracing etc of paperwork, however it is worth a go.

I managed to claim back to 1999 with the co-op so I would send of a SAR with as much info you can remember.

Companies have to legally keep paperwork for longer than 6 yrs to comply with HMRC however they do not like telling you this for obvious reasons.

You will find the SAR TEMPLATE in the templates section just edit to suit.

Regards
    Last edited by pompeyfaith; 16 April 2012, 16:29.

Comment

Originally posted by Slickfm View Post

I had a mortgage with Abbey running from 1997-2002 which had PPI on including unemployment cover.

Cheers

Hi there

I would most certainly give it a shot, you still have the chance to succeed here, so go for it.

Do you have any old bank statements where you paid the mortgage payments out of by any chance, the statements where you banked should show details of the mortgage lender, account number.

You would though actually pursue the broker who set your mortgage account up with the PPI.

Maybe Subject access request (SAR) will help, in hope they may still hold details of the account but maybe the lender if you contact them with some of your details, will confirm the mortgage account number for you.

Comment

Thanks Pompey and Di,

I no longer have bank statements from so far back, so think I will do the SAR request! Just one other question pls, the mortgage was in joint names with my partner (now my wife) would the SAR request have to be in joint names and digitally signed by both of us?

Thanks again!

Comment

Thanks Pompey and Di,

I no longer have bank statements from so far back, so think I will do the SAR request! Just one other question pls, the mortgage was in joint names with my partner (now my wife) would the SAR request have to be in joint names and digitally signed by both of us?

Thanks again!
          Hi
          Your welcome

I would contact them to make sure, because on many occasions we have sent a request and they have come back to ask if joint, despite signing for joint, it seems they all work differently.

In regards of signing digitially, in my opinion yes I would do that.

Comment

When I got back PPI from the Co-op it was on joint loans and due to me sending first letter signed and headed by only me it delayed things by a few weeks.

To avoid any shadow of doubt if the account is joint I would head any letters in joint names and both sign.

It will make no odds to you as your wife would be in agreement anyway however it could speed things up for you by not giving them any chances to delay.

Regards

Comment

Hi Slick.
              You could try getting a copy of your credit report......It should detail all accounts / agreements / commitments etc that you have entered into to date.

Matty

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                Hi Slick.
                You could try getting a copy of your credit report......It should detail all accounts / agreements / commitments etc that you have entered into to date.

Matty
                Hi Matty,

Will give it a shot, thanks mate

Comment

Hi All

Just to add i have 4 credit cards which are currently unenforcable opened 2000-2004 and i have not made any payments on these for nearly 2 years now. Is it worth making a PPI claim on these or does this acknoweledge the debt? affect statute barred? or best to let sleeping dogs lie?

Thanks again!!

Comment

Hi All

Just to add i have 4 credit cards which are currently unenforcable opened 2000-2004 and i have not made any payments on these for nearly 2 years now. Is it worth making a PPI claim on these or does this acknoweledge the debt? affect statute barred? or best to let sleeping dogs lie?

Thanks again!!
                    best to let sleeping dogs lie..........
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                      best to let sleeping dogs lie..........
                      Cheers I2D

Comment

TBH & I dont want to contradict I2D but it depends what you owe & how long you have owed it.

I have reclaimed PPI on a number of accounts that I had stopped paying in July 2010 and most have come up trumps paying back what I owe them & more besides.

At least this may get a few of them off the list.

You need to work out what you will get back (refund of premiums & interest) and if it is worth while doing.

Obviously, if the amount you will potentially get back is less than you owe them - As I2D says its best to let sleeping dogs lie.

Worth checking out out properly first though...

I will help if I can.

Regards,

Matty
                        Last edited by MattyA; 26 April 2012, 20:39.

Comment

TBH & I dont want to contradict I2D but it depends what you owe & how long you have owed it.

I have reclaimed PPI on a number of accounts that I had stopped paying in July 2010 and most have come up trumps paying back what I owe them & more besides.

At least this may get a few of them off the list.

You need to work out what you will get back (refund of premiums & interest) and if it is worth while doing.

Obviously, if the amount you will potentially get back is less than you owe them - As I2D says its best to let sleeping dogs lie.

Worth checking out out properly first though...

I will help if I can.

Regards,

Matty

I forgot to mention that the other point with PPI on a disputed account is that you can use this as another reason to dispute the amount owed on the account and as a reason to dispute any claim brought against you via the courts.

I am currently going down this path with one of my accounts - will let you know how I get on,but it certainly stopped them getting a summary judgement against me in round 1.

Good luck.

Matty

Comment

I forgot to mention that the other point with PPI on a disputed account is that you can use this as another reason to dispute the amount owed on the account and as a reason to dispute any claim brought against you via the courts.

I am currently going down this path with one of my accounts - will let you know how I get on,but it certainly stopped them getting a summary judgement against me in round 1.

Good luck.

Matty
                            Thanks for the advice Matty, not sure what to do yet as I would probably have to send off a few SAR requests. I will certainly be in touch with you if I decide to persue it.

Comment

Cheers

Hiya all

Santander have returned my SAR request and cheque with a covering letter saying they cannot trace our mortgage account mainly due to the account being closed more than 6 years ago. Suppose this is dead n buried now?

Comment

Working...
                              X