GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Quickquid gb? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quickquid gb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quickquid gb?

Hi all....Not sure im in the right section here so please could admin move my post if im not.

Right this is all on my nephews behalf so please excuse me if im vague please ask any questions and i will get a reply from him asap x.

Right on the 9th of May this year my nephew had an amount of £274.50 taken from his Halifax reward account by a company called Quick Quid.
    Now he totally and utterly swears he has never ever had dealings with these people which im inclined to agree with as he has a good paying job.
    He phoned halifax and they did some sort of enquiry and they said they were not liable or something like that (i am going into bank with him next saturday to find out exactly what was said).
    So now we get to QuickQuid..he has phoned them countless times and they say his name is not on thier system, when he says how have you taken my money they say phone the fraud team...only prob is no one ever answers and he leaves countless messages but never ever gets a reply, so i have now said i will try to get him some friendly advice and maybe i will write the relevant letters for him as hes not to clever in understanding things like this bless him that why nothings be resolved.

Any advice would be hugely welcomed and thanks on my nephews and my behalf x

Re: Quickquid gb?

The new OFT guidance would say this is an unfair business practice. I'd be inclined to issue a claim in the small claims court - this might get their attention!

Comment

Could we do this in our local court and how does he prove hes innocent x

Comment

He doesn't have to prove his innocence - he has to prove their guilt!

Comment

Originally posted by mrs_m View Post
          Right on the 9th of May this year my nephew had an amount of £274.50 taken from his Halifax reward account by a company called Quick Quid.
          This is quite some time ago. Has your nephew only noticed now? Or has your newphew been trying to resolve this after he noticed back then?

Now he totally and utterly swears he has never ever had dealings with these people which im inclined to agree with as he has a good paying job.
          I would be a little careful here. Just because he has a good paying job doesn't mean he won't have had dealings with them. The question begs how they got his bank account/card details in the first place to take the money. Someone must have.

He phoned halifax and they did some sort of enquiry and they said they were not liable or something like that (i am going into bank with him next saturday to find out exactly what was said).
          This is why you need to be careful. If your nephew did have dealings with QQ then the way their repayment method works means that his bank are correct.

However if your nephew did not then your bank could be liable for allowing a fraudulent action to take place depending on how this happened.

So now we get to QuickQuid..he has phoned them countless times and they say his name is not on thier system, when he says how have you taken my money they say phone the fraud team...only prob is no one ever answers and he leaves countless messages but never ever gets a reply, so i have now said i will try to get him some friendly advice and maybe i will write the relevant letters for him as hes not to clever in understanding things like this bless him that why nothings be resolved.

Any advice would be hugely welcomed and thanks on my nephews and my behalf x
          Ok so you need to write to QQ. This is their address:

QuickQuid
          2nd Floor
          145-157 St John Street
          London
          EC1V 4PY

Make sure you send it recorded delivery signed for, so that they cannot claim they did not receive it.

Give them 14 days to respond asking for an explanation of how your nephew had money taken from his account. You need to find out whether the money was taken via debit card or direct debit. His bank should be able to tell him that at least.

Also state the number of times you have tried to resolve this, without response, and the time elapsed. You need to establish a history that you have tried to resolve this reasonably before you initiate court proceedings. This will also strengthen a claim for compensation.

In your letter state that you expect a response within 14 days and resolution within 28 days. State what you expect that resolution to be (refund of money, plus interest at the minimum)

If you do not get a satisfactory response within 14 days then send them a letter of intent, stating that unless his money is refunded (include interest) then you will give them only another 14 days to resolve the situation before you initiate court proceedings.

Then if no response is forthcoming issue a claim.

All above of course, is only valid, if he has actually had no dealings with them.

Best of luck

SnV
          "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Could we do this in our local court and how does he prove hes innocent x
            Originally posted by BBoo View Post
            He doesn't have to prove his innocence - he has to prove their guilt!
            This isn't really a question of innocence/guilt.

A sum of money has been taken from your nephews account, which he claims is a fraudulent activity.

Your nephew claims that he has not entered into any agreement with QQ and they verify this by stating that he is not in their computer systems (unfortunately none of this is in writing).

It is for QQ to prove that your nephew signed a credit agreement with them if they can not then they should issue a refund plus interest.

You need to get things in writing, and show QQ to be unreasonable, either through their refusal to deal with this matter.

Best

SnV
            "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Well I can say without doubt he has no dealings with this company he has tried to contact them as I said so many times he has only come to me as a last resort he has shown me his bank account for the three months or so previous to this money coming out and he definately didnt need a few quid...which going on my reckoning is all that was lent after the extortionate amount of interest they charge was added x

Comment

To clarify, when I said he has to prove their guilt, I meant if the court route is taken, he needs to prove they are guilty of taking money from his bank account without having any valid reason or written permission / agreement allowing them to do so.

Comment

Yes I can see where your coming from tbh I am totally confused by it all, as I said if he had recieved any money from them as a loan surely this would have been put in his account but his account shows nothing only the money that was taken out all very odd x

Comment

The new OFT guidance would say this is an unfair business practice. I'd be inclined to issue a claim in the small claims court - this might get their attention!
                    One might expect a Statutory Demand to have a similar effect, especially if they believe that they might subsequently face a winding-up petition.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltnVinegar View Post
                      I would be a little careful here. Just because he has a good paying job doesn't mean he won't have had dealings with them. The question begs how they got his bank account/card details in the first place to take the money. Someone must have.
                      Is it at all possible that QuickQuid (or any of its associate companies set up to get round even the minimal action taken by the Office of Faffing and Twaddling) had made an error on the account or card number submitted by one of their suckers customers?

That might explain both why the money was taken and why their victim is not mentioned anywhere in their system.

Comment

To clarify, when I said he has to prove their guilt, I meant if the court route is taken, he needs to prove they are guilty of taking money from his bank account without having any valid reason or written permission / agreement allowing them to do so.
                        No, he doesn't. It is impossible to prove a negative.

QQ needs to prove that they had a valid agreement or mandate to take such funds.

Comment

Yes I can see where your coming from tbh I am totally confused by it all, as I said if he had recieved any money from them as a loan surely this would have been put in his account but his account shows nothing only the money that was taken out all very odd x
                          Perhaps the loan was transferred to his secret account in the Cayman Islands?

Comment

So if it ended up with him taking QQ to court, what would he take them to court for? Surely unlawful removal of funds from his bank account.

QQ's defence would be they had a valid agreement to do so.

Comment

So if it ended up with him taking QQ to court, what would he take them to court for? Surely unlawful removal of funds from his bank account.

QQ's defence would be they had a valid agreement to do so.
                              Yes, but they would need to produce that agreement; it would not be sufficient merely to state that such an agreement existed.

Comment

Working...
                              X