GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Barclaycard / Link Financial - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Barclaycard / Link Financial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barclaycard / Link Financial

Evening all,

Well I've been quite for a while but I need some advice as Link are being somewhat aggressive towards me and have certainly not behaving in a professional manner.

I was on a DMP as some of you already know. Realised Link were marking my credit file with late payment markers for the last 3 years.

Advised them this wasn't acceptable as I would be put at a financial disadvantage for alot longer than a 6 year period. They refused to cooperate and have now issued me with a default notice as I refused to pay them. This default notice is faulty as it only allows 10 days to retify. Dated 8th May recieved 14th May. First day of service 15 May so 10 days.

Payment before the 25th May 2014.

They even went as far as issuing a letter to my ex DMP advising them they would be taking me to court should I not pay the arrears £144.42.

This has to be a Data Protection breach for starters as I am no longer on the plan and they bloody well knew that.

So I have posted what they sent me with regards to a CCA which was taken out online pre 2007. I'm unsure as to whether they should have sent me a hard copy to sign. I'm pretty sure they should have under the under the distance selling regualtions 2005?

Just need to get my facts straight before I decide what steps to take next.

Anyway any advice always appreciated

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Click image for larger version

Name:	Esig1a.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.4 KB
ID:	1415638Click image for larger version

Name:	CCA1a.jpg
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	1415640Click image for larger version

Name:	CCA2.jpg
Size:	140.0 KB
ID:	1415642
    Last edited by Scrappy Coco; 16 May 2014, 19:03.
    "I just want to make people silky-smooth!"

Re: Barclaycard / Link Financial

It says the agreement was made in 2006, so if this was an online agreement, no signature was needed at that time as far as I know. However there may be other areas which im sure Niddy will be able to tell you.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Cheers SX Guy

Can you move the thread to the correct area as just realised I've posted it in the wrong forum

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Moved to General Chat. Think that's the correct place for this! (Quite new to this moderator malarkey) No doubt if its wrong ill get told lol
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oppise, just noticed, should be moved somewhere else!

Sorry guys! moved to general debt matters.

Comment

Cheers SXGuy,

I'm sure your get the hang of it

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Bump anyone?

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Evening,

Sent Link a letter advising them that they are taking the bloody piss and are in breach of ICO guidelines.

Also advised them to take me to court as I'd like my day in front of a judge.

Tonight I got a call advising that my complaint had been passed to their London office and could I call them to resolve this matter.

Only way this is getting resolved is they ain't getting paid .

Default Notice is 4 days short of required time to resolve. They don't know this yet so I'm keeping this a secret and if and when they start legal proceedings against me as stated within the DN and on a seperate letter. I will hit them with it.

I will keep you updated

Thanks as always

Scrapy Coco

Comment

Morning all,

NID, if you about mate could you look at the attached in my previous post and let me know your thoughts. Cheers

Moving on, I have logged 2 official complaints for the ICO

1: incorrect reporting of payment history on my credit file
                  2: sending personal information to a debt management firm that has nothing further to do with me. But not just any old info. A letter threatening me with court action.

I have also logged a complaint with FOS. Have informed FOS that I also have a complaint with ICO

Have been in contact with the FCA as well as their letters clearly threaten legal action will be taken.

Link tried to back track when I pulled them on it but to late it's in writing.

In fact they tried to back track on everything they commented on regarding my complaint as I pulled them apart. Wa*kers

Just need them to default and terminate the account then I have them by the b*llocks.
                  They haven't carried out their threat yet

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Evening all,

Been somewhat distracted for the past few months getting divorced. The ex is trying to literally take the shirt off my back. Only consolation is the house is sold after all the work I put in getting the mortgage moved. That's another story a few of you already know.

Need some urgent advice if anyone can help me.

Cut a long story short, Barclaycard sold my account to Link (IDR). Link had been reporting a pre default status on my credit file for 3yrs. I contacted them and they refused to budge advising me that they had done nothing wrong and hadn't breached any guidelines or regulations.

I went to FOS & ICO. Guess what? Shock horror FOS ruled in my favour and told Link to back date the default. The ICO also contacted Link and told them to put matters right.

So, I have heard nothing from Link and today I received a letter asking for financial information and a payment proposal.

So what are my options here? After their outright refusal and the general f/ck you attitude of this firm I don't think I should pay them a bloody penny and bill them for the time I wasted due to their shit customer service lol

Link have never issued me with a default notice. Can they issue a backdated one?

Link updated my credit file before FOS ruling to try and make it look like they hadn't been registering a pre default status

Link have change my credit file history to show a status of up to date (green) in fact it's a mess.

Any help appreciated

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Couple of issues here. First go back to the ico / fos and tell them link still haven't sorted it properly. Up to date green is WRONG. Demand they put the correct marker on. This means it MUST be defaulted at the CRA's within 9 months of first missed payment. So when was that? If it was June 2012 then the latest date they can add a DN is March 2013. So there's no guess work involved. It's easy to get the latest available default date (it's date of first missed payment + 9 months.). Green markers are wrong. You want the backdated default.

Read guidelines here -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...rence-agencies

point 11 - time framework

• Accounts should not be routinely filed as being in default where full payments or those due under a rescheduled agreement are fewer than three consecutive months in arrears.

• Accounts should normally be filed as being in default where those payments due have not been received for six months.
                      Second, yes they can remedy a default at any point.

Third, do a CCA request. See what docs the lender has.... Before replying to their cheeky letter asking for I&E.

** Issuing a default notice isn't the same as recording one at the CRA's. Don't confuse the two whatever you do. Read here -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...87-s88-CCA1974
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        Couple of issues here. First go back to the ico / fos and tell them link still haven't sorted it properly. Up to date green is WRONG. Demand they put the correct marker on. This means it MUST be defaulted at the CRA's within 9 months of first missed payment. So when was that? If it was June 2012 then the latest date they can add a DN is March 2013. So there's no guess work involved. It's easy to get the latest available default date (it's date of first missed payment + 9 months.). Green markers are wrong. You want the backdated default.

Read guidelines here -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...rence-agencies

point 11 - time framework

Second, yes they can remedy a default at any point.

Third, do a CCA request. See what docs the lender has.... Before replying to their cheeky letter asking for I&E.

** Issuing a default notice isn't the same as recording one at the CRA's. Don't confuse the two whatever you do. Read here -> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...87-s88-CCA1974

Hi Niddy,

Thanks for being a great help as always.

I will send off the CCA today but I have a couple of questions for you if that's OK?

1. I thought only the original creditor could issue a default notice?
                        2. Barclaycard sold the account without issuing a default notice - I was under the impression the creditor could only take further action after the account has defaulted, including: Passing the debt to a DCA
                        3. I have a letter from LINK actually threatening me with legal action - It is our intention to terminate the account and demand full repayment of all the indebtedness to us under the Agreement and to commence court proceedings for recovery in default of payment.
                        4. I have never been issued with a default that relates to the actual termination of my account. Under section 87 & 88 they have a legal obligation to issue a notice ?

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco

Comment

Originally posted by Scrappy Coco View Post
                          Hi Niddy,

Thanks for being a great help as always.

I will send off the CCA today but I have a couple of questions for you if that's OK?

1. I thought only the original creditor could issue a default notice? A DN must be issued before the beneficiary can demand full repayment of sums or indeed enforce it through the courts. It must be issued by the owner. The creditor can assign all rights to another party and they can default you.
                          2. Barclaycard sold the account without issuing a default notice - I was under the impression the creditor could only take further action after the account has defaulted, including: Passing the debt to a DCA. See above.
                          3. I have a letter from LINK actually threatening me with legal action - It is our intention to terminate the account and demand full repayment of all the indebtedness to us under the Agreement and to commence court proceedings for recovery in default of payment. See above. That's fine if you defaulted and link were the assignees.
                          4. I have never been issued with a default that relates to the actual termination of my account. Under section 87 & 88 they have a legal obligation to issue a notice ? Then they cannot enforce the debt.

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco
                          Hiya - see answers in red.
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Brilliant reply, clarifies everything. Should be really informative to other members.

Comment

Morning all,

Received the attached in response to my CCA request

What's the next move? I would like to get shot of this once and for all and at the same time getting the DF removed. I'm sure I read somewhere that if an account is deemed unenforcable then CRA have to remove the detail or at a note of some kind or did I dream it

All suggestions / advice welcome

Thanks as always

Scrappy Coco
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X