GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help with Creation Finance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Creation Finance

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Creation Finance

Hi, looking for some advice. My wife had an Adams store car which was later took over by Creation Finance. She has had the card for around 17 years. Everything was fine until 4 years ago we got into financial difficulty and couldn't keep up the payments. The card had a £2500 balance and limit(maxed out). Now over the last few years the interest and charges has now made the balance over £5k...we were paying 50 a month back but the interest was 70 so amount owed was never going down...we have now reduced this to 5 pounds a month but the interest is now over 100 a month...she is getting about 10 calls a day which is obviously harassment but they never send a letter about the balance only a statement every month....about a year ago we sent incoming and outgoing statement to make an arrangement but they never froze the interest....I am just about to stop even paying them the 5 pounds but would like some advice from group...do you think as the original cca was 17 years ago it may be unenforceable

thanks in advance

Re: Help with Creation Finance

Originally posted by chriwat View Post
    ..do you think as the original cca was 17 years ago it may be unenforceable

thanks in advance
    Send this off----> CCA Request and we will find out...
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks...wasn't sure how to start...should I cancel the £5 standing order first

Comment

Thanks...wasn't sure how to start...should I cancel the £5 standing order first
        I Would if it were me.......
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

me too

Comment

Thanks...i'll keep you posted :-)

Comment

The sooner you stop paying the sooner they'll default and terminate, after which the interest should stop.

Don't answer the phone to them whatever you do. Keep everything in writing...

Comment

do you think as the original cca was 17 years ago it may be unenforceable
                hi,
                I've got my fingers crossed that any paperwork for this account is long gone

Cheers
                SA
                When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Me too...they seem relentless though

Comment

Hi...we just received a default letter(took their time) even though £5 standing order not cancelled...its getting cancelled Monday...do I still start with the CCA letter..
                    Thanks again for advice

Comment

Send a cca and stop all payments. You'll be fine. Ignore their other demands for now as well; it'd also be wise to send telephone harassment letter a few days later so they stop calling.

Lets get you back on the front foot here
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

1. CCA --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...2-cca-requests

2. Harassment --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...t-by-telephone

* send the second letter a week after you send the cca request.
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

That's great thanks for advice....was just digging out address for Creation there....the main one is a PO box and the other address on default is to send a payment too....what one is best to use for a recorded delivery.Am I correct in saying not the PO box

Comment

It's in Birmingham.... Hang on I'll get the address for you now........

edit - address to write to.

Creation Customer Enquiries
                            Chadwick House
                            Blenheim Court
                            Solihull
                            B91 2AA

Comment

In envelope and ready to go first thing in morning with postal order...i'll keep you posted :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X