GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help with Creation Finance - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help with Creation Finance

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help with Creation Finance

Thought I would let you know about our experience with Creation many years ago. We have had 2 dealings with Creation Finance years ago before we were guided to AAD....If my memory serves me right approx 2007 (when we first started to have financial troubles) and 2009, will look out paperwork this weeken.

1. In 2007 Creation took Hubby to court and managed to get a Decree (equivalent to CCJ in England). They would not accept our £40 a month offer (Cant remember how much judgement was for I think approx £2,000). Anyway they took advantage of us as we hadn't a clue what to do and they eventually got a Inhibition Order (Charging Order in England) on our house (last payment due this month, it has taken years to pay off). ANyway this was all done in a underhanded way with Creation Finace taken advantage of our situtation at the time.

2. Again in 2009 (I think) they where at it again with threats of court action for a Etam store card (was taken out approx 1998/99) by this time I was scared stiff, went on to internet and found another site (not a patch on AAD) who just by chance had a scottish chap on their site who had just not long fought similar thing in court and he helped me prepare a defence (had no idea about UE at the time).

Anyway getting down to facts they went ahead with the court action and I attended court on the date (didnt sleep or eat for weeks cant believe I actually done this) however Creation Solicitors didnt turn up.....Judge then told me I had to reappear at a later date...Went to court on later date, to be approached by Creation Solicitors before we were called to the bench to ask me if we would agree to drop the case....mind thinking PHEW!!!!.

When we approached the bench their solicitor did all the talking. I do remember I had to ask for a certain thing from Judge so that Creation couldnt come back to me on a later date but without going through all the paperwork I honestly cant remember what this was (will dig deep this weekend and find paperwork).

However with this amazing site backing you, you possibly wont have to go near a court room the peeps on here are totally amazing - There is not much Niddy and Team don;t know. You are in exceptionally very safe hands...be guided by them they are life savers.

Comment

Tthanks so much Miss M gives us a bit of hope...off to post office now to send for CCA....the journey begins :-)

Comment

Just an update..
        22/11 sent CCA request
        29/11 Letter sent for communication in writing only.

No letters from them so far just the usual6 calls a day so hopefully the letter sent today will stop that soon :-)

Comment

it takes a wee while for it to penetrate, give it a week and if the calls don't stop there is always this http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...hone-follow-up

Comment

22/11/13 sent CCA request
            29/11/13 Letter sent for communication in writing only.

UPDATE

6/12/13 Received a response from Creation today...'acknowledging receipt of my complaint and the complaints team will now investigate the matter'

Did I complain...I only asked them to stop phoning....still no acknowledgement of my request for CCA.
            Thanks as always for reading :-)

Comment

Originally posted by chriwat View Post
              still no acknowledgement of my request for CCA.
              Don't worry mate - as long as you have requested it (and retained the proof of them signing for it); sit back and enjoy the peace!
              When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

7/12/13 Received a letter today from Creation saying they are in receipt of our request for the CCA. They have sent back a copy of the request asking my wife to sign it as part of their security procedure. I am sure I have read not to send them any signature. Any advice on what letter to send them back.
                Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by chriwat View Post
                  7/12/13 Received a letter today from Creation saying they are in receipt of our request for the CCA. They have sent back a copy of the request asking my wife to sign it as part of their security procedure. I am sure I have read not to send them any signature. Any advice on what letter to send them back.
                  Thanks in advance
                  Send them this:

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/old/...d-of-signature
                  "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

The consumer is that sleeping giant.!!

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

brill thanks

Comment

And this morning received another 'default notice' from them...maybe they think I didn't read last weeks..

I am assuming I just ignore this one :-)

Comment

Forgot to say posted the letter this morning in regards to not sending my wifes signature....I eagerly await the next response

Comment

Morning...hope everyone had a great Xmas..

this morning my wife received another letter from Creation asking for signature again to release CCA.....this is after sending the letter stating I didn't need to send her signature....Will we ignore this letter or is there a second letter to send saying she won't be sending her signature.

thanks as always for help and advice

Comment

Or do we just resend the same letter stating we wont send signature thanks

Comment

Thing is, its up to you. Yes you dont need to produce a signature, but they will insist you do. If you really want to know what they have, then it could be best, to send it with a signature, but over the top of an anti tamper strip. That way if they tried to lift your signature, you would have them by the gooleys.

Can someone please post up the anti tamper sig please!!!

If it were me, id send back a new CCA Request, and sign over the anti tamper strip, which someone will post here for you shortly.

Comment

Brill thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X