GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Vodafone & Zinc - CCA Request - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vodafone & Zinc - CCA Request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vodafone & Zinc - CCA Request

I sent Zinc a CCA request back in 28th May and have not heard anything since. They are WELL over the 12+2 days limit, I am trying to find the correct next letter to send them but I am not having any luck finding it.

I know they have received it as it was signed for the following day.
    I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Re: Vodafone & Zinc - CCA Request

we don't send a follow up letter for the CCA as a rule, if they haven't produced, they are in default. However, I'm not sure that the legislation applies to service contracts like a mobile phone contrat, is this what this is?

Comment

Originally posted by MrsD View Post
      we don't send a follow up letter for the CCA as a rule, if they haven't produced, they are in default. However, I'm not sure that the legislation applies to service contracts like a mobile phone contrat, is this what this is?
      Yep, it's a mobile contract.

So, what do I do now, just stop paying and when they pester me, just tell em they haven't sent me the requested CCA.
      I used to be afraid of the post... Now I look forward to it - so I can stick it to the DCA's

Comment

no harm in blagging it, be interested to see if they think it's applicable..................

Comment

So... I'll stop paying them, they have just had a payment last month, 28th.
          See what they say next month when the don't get payment. I'll jut tell 'em they have failed to supply we with a CCA and under the CCA (the ACT) they have automatically defaulted and have to prove the debt's mine.

Comment

A CCA is not applicable here, this is a utility contract and nothing to do with the Consumer Credit Act. They ought to ignore your request, I would

You cannot CCA a utility company.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              A CCA is not applicable here, this is a utility contract and nothing to do with the Consumer Credit Act. They ought to ignore your request, I would

You cannot CCA a utility company.
              So, I'll ask for my £1 postal order back then lol. In that case, what can I do to get any sort of signed contract?

Comment

As Niddy says they are generally considered to be outside the CCA, however it depends on your contract. The OFT says:

The view the OFT has taken is that “line rental” (i.e., network access charges) as well as inclusive minutes, texts, data allowance, and so on are considered regulated credit if the consumer cannot terminate the contract early without paying the balance of recurring charges up the amount which would have been paid were the contract to run its usual course. For example, if your contract costs you £25 per month, and you have 10 months to run, and your operator tells you it will cost you £250 to terminate early, you effectively took out a loan without knowing it.

In terms of the SIM and handset, the OFT says:
                The provision of the handset and SIM card […] may be considered to be regulated hire or hire purchase agreement under the CCA depending on whether they remain the property of the mobile phone provider or whether they transfer to the hirer (consumer).
                The SIM itself usually has a notice printed on the full-sized card it snaps out of stating that it remains property of the operator, thus—unless I’m mistaken—the OFT considers it to be “hired”. The handset itself may vary: you’d have to check your contract.

Comment

Originally posted by pooky2483 View Post
                  So, I'll ask for my £1 postal order back then lol. In that case, what can I do to get any sort of signed contract?
                  Yep do so, nothing - why do you want a copy of the agreement? What will it do? Just go to the website and see a copy.

With regards to Vint's argument above, you aint planning on paying the remaining airtime are you? So pointless getting a copy unless you are.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Don't quite get what you're both saying. To pay or not to pay...
                    Confused.com

Comment

What is it exactly that you are disputing with them?
                      Remember the mantra:
                      NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                      Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                      Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Don't quite get what you're both saying. To pay or not to pay...
                        Confused.com
                        We assume that you are not going to pay

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
                          What is it exactly that you are disputing with them?
                          Just trying to blag 'em
                          Like when getting a CCA with errors but I don't know where to go with this one...

Comment

Originally posted by vint1954 View Post
                            We assume that you are not going to pay
                            That's what I'm aiming for, just need to know what too expect from them if I take that route.

Comment

That's what I'm aiming for, just need to know what too expect from them if I take that route.
                              What Niddy is saying is that if you don't intend to pay off the balance of the contract, then CCA is irrelevant, so just sit tight until the next contact.

Comment

Working...
                              X