GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fighting Fund - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighting Fund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting Fund

I was just wondering if it might be worth Niddy starting a fighting fund to help those who cant afford legal advice and to allow people like Paul and Gwyn to earn a few quid for all the free advice they give.

I know a lot on here cant afford much, but for the money we have saved and help received it might be a good idea????

Re: Fighting Fund

i believe Niddy had decided against this sort of idea but i may be wrong
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

Originally posted by mgfboy View Post
      I was just wondering if it might be worth Niddy starting a fighting fund to help those who cant afford legal advice and to allow people like Paul and Gwyn to earn a few quid for all the free advice they give.

I know a lot on here cant afford much, but for the money we have saved and help received it might be a good idea????
      It's something I have toyed with, but to be frank the guys here are pretty much in dire straits and I don't think it'd work.

I did post recently regards fundraising experience for this exact reason..... not much interest though

Linky --> Fundraising - allaboutFORUMS

Good idea,
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        It's something I have toyed with, but to be frank the guys here are pretty much in dire straits and I don't think it'd work.

I did post recently regards fundraising experience for this exact reason..... not much interest though

Linky --> Fundraising - allaboutFORUMS

Good idea,
        honestly i think i missed that thread
        I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

oh and niddy your lunch money will be delayed by a week ok

Comment

Fair enough mate, but I would hate to see you out of pocket and for our solicator chums to get bored with all the Pro Bono work for the sake of a few quid a month??

( And yes before somebody has a go I know a few quid is alot to some people)
            Last edited by mgfboy; 27 June 2012, 12:39.

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
              i believe Niddy had decided against this sort of idea but i may be wrong
              you're thinking about the charging for a members section thingy maybe? That's what I said no to.....
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi,
                I agree a few quid is a lot to some people and the free help is invaluable from niddy paul and the mods, on the other hand and as mgfboy has said please dont have a go, but I would think a lot of us have saved an awful lot of money per month since joining and going down the UE route, so maybe worth another look at raising some funds for the site. Just a thought.
                all the best.

Comment

Niddy would never ask for money for the site but I know how grateful he is when even only a few pounds a month is donated.
                  "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

I've already offered my help and I'm still willing and able. I'm an experienced fundraiser, if you let me know your ideas then I can research potential funders.

In fact how about we apply first to MSE charity

Comment

Originally posted by 925pws View Post
                      I've already offered my help and I'm still willing and able. I'm an experienced fundraiser, if you let me know your ideas then I can research potential funders.

In fact how about we apply first to MSE charity
                      I wasn't suggesting getting funders in because there is always an agenda , I though the money should come from the users as we are the ones that have benefited from the site.

Comment

I wasn't suggesting getting funders in because there is always an agenda , I though the money should come from the users as we are the ones that have benefited from the site.

There's always an agenda with government backed funding but not with trusts apart from meeting their objectives which can be pretty easy if the objective is to help those in financial difficulties.

I don't know the ins and outs of how/why Niddy and his team set this site up but he must have had a reason to set it up as a free resource personally I don't believe charging users is the way to go. But I do believe that approaching potential funders so that more people can make use of the site has merit. Niddy and his team could then be paid to give talks/seminars/conferences/training to others on specific issues.

Comment

Originally posted by 925pws View Post
                          There's always an agenda with government backed funding but not with trusts apart from meeting their objectives which can be pretty easy if the objective is to help those in financial difficulties.

I don't know the ins and outs of how/why Niddy and his team set this site up but he must have had a reason to set it up as a free resource personally I don't believe charging users is the way to go. But I do believe that approaching potential funders so that more people can make use of the site has merit. Niddy and his team could then be paid to give talks/seminars/conferences/training to others on specific issues.
                          I dont believe in charging either, but people giving of their own free will. If you have no money fine, but if you can give a few quid to help the rest why not??

Comment

I dont believe in charging either, but people giving of their own free will. If you have no money fine, but if you can give a few quid to help the rest why not??
                            No probs with this kind of gesture

Comment

925pws - I'll email you.... thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X