GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Fighting Fund - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fighting Fund

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fighting Fund

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    but seriously I'm not asking you guys to pay anything.
    Some of us were not suggesting it. We were telling you it was going to happen! so tough
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

You know the main things we're doing (don't you?)

We'll have (before year end);

1. The worlds cheapest hosting (around £0.50p/m)
      2. Novelty items such as mugs (cheeky ones aimed at banks etc)
      3. Choose2Refuse - our phone service (£1p/m)

Plus other ideas in the pipeline, one is formation of a limited company in regard of legalisation with its own registered charity with full CCL and MoJ backing.

As I say, we'll get by nicely. All we want to do us break even. I want to get PI set-up (ie insurance) to cover us plus have a fund that we *could* issue monies to those in exceptional cases; ie to fight a court case or possession for example. Or for someone that can't get £500 to go BR.

Anyway, we own our own servers thus it's easy enough to add racks (but dear) so when we sort an IPSTAG for Nominet (to supply domains) and finalise affiliates then we *should* start to pay for our own usage plus save some for the charity/fighting fund.

I will not entertain adverts or banners or links. Sorry, ain't gonna happen on my watch

Imagine if by accident a PDL appeared (think CAG) - I'd be mortified
      ps thanks for all the lovely gestures above but seriously I'm not asking you guys to pay anything. I'd rather you got an extra sky package (MSE will be cringing) or bought a takeaway instead of funding us (sorry to those trying to help but you know what I'm like)!

I started this baby and I'll nurture it into a nasty bastard victor meldrew
      Shush Noddy as we all know that whether you like it or not you will not refuse our help

As demonstrated by the ability to donate to the site.
      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

The last person to call me THAT was "Niddys Bitch" for a few hours
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The last person to call me THAT was "Niddys Bitch" for a few hours
          From what i saw it was maybe at most 15mins
          I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Comment

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
            Make sure you log in with your new name mate.

I'm off to bed!
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by I Love Maccy Dees View Post
              I prefer Burger King myself

Comment

:niddy
                Attached Files

Comment

Norty Noddy Niddy
                  Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

classic!

Comment

You know the main things we're doing (don't you?)

We'll have (before year end);

1. The worlds cheapest hosting (around £0.50p/m)
                      2. Novelty items such as mugs (cheeky ones aimed at banks etc)
                      3. Choose2Refuse - our phone service (£1p/m)

Plus other ideas in the pipeline, one is formation of a limited company in regard of legalisation with its own registered charity with full CCL and MoJ backing.

As I say, we'll get by nicely. All we want to do us break even. I want to get PI set-up (ie insurance) to cover us plus have a fund that we *could* issue monies to those in exceptional cases; ie to fight a court case or possession for example. Or for someone that can't get £500 to go BR.

Anyway, we own our own servers thus it's easy enough to add racks (but dear) so when we sort an IPSTAG for Nominet (to supply domains) and finalise affiliates then we *should* start to pay for our own usage plus save some for the charity/fighting fund.

I will not entertain adverts or banners or links. Sorry, ain't gonna happen on my watch

Imagine if by accident a PDL appeared (think CAG) - I'd be mortified
                      I was thinking more of a google search bar that people could use, I would hate to see ads on here, as you say it could have the totally wrong things appearing!!

I knew you were having the hosting and choose to refuse, but did not realise that the hosting was going to be that cheap, thats going to bring in a fair bit once it takes off so should cover the costs nicely. I was looking at the choose to refuse but it looks like its only phones for now which I don't need as the number they did have for me no longer exists and if it does its certainly not in my house! Did not know about the mugs though, they could be a good seller come December!!

Will be great if you get a CCL, any chance you could buy our debts and sell them to us at reduced rates
                      When you have nothing you have nothing to lose

Comment

Make sure you log in with your new name mate.

I'm off to bed!
                        I prefer Burger King myself

Sorry i missed that completely

Comment

Originally posted by Susie View Post
                          Will be great if you get a CCL, any chance you could buy our debts and sell them to us at reduced rates
                          No point if they're UE

Originally posted by kilasuit View Post
                          Sorry i missed that completely
                          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

The CCL would be purely in case someone tried to suggest we offer advice (we don't, we're a self help forum where others in a similar or worse position try and answer general queries based on real life experience).....

We're not wanting to become a DMP or anything, but the thing is we can cover ourselves properly by obtaining CCL.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                              Some of us were not suggesting it. We were telling you it was going to happen! so tough
                              Have to agree with Oscar on this one

Comment

Oh I'm looking forward to buying some of those novelty items aimed at the banks, I mean there are so many names you could call them and so many things they have done recently that deserve our attention - maybe start designing postcards to send them or even DCAs just to remind them of what a bunch of they really are.

Comment

Working...
                                X