GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script one of our debts have been written off - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

one of our debts have been written off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one of our debts have been written off

This is a mobile phone account and this is the email i received from payplan .

I am contacting you today on behalf of your Personal Finance Manager.

We have been advised by Orange that your account with them, reference 1111111, has been written off. We have contacted them to query this and they have confirmed that a decision has been made to write off the remaining balance.

By this, Orange mean that they will no longer be pursuing you for the outstanding balance of £233.37 on the account, however the debt will still remain and the balance will still be owed.
    Consequently, you can now take one of two options, which you may first wish to contact Orange regarding;

We can remove account 1111111 from your debt management plan and send no further payments and the account will show as partially satisfied on your credit file for a further 6 years. Or we can continue to make payments to the account until the balance is paid in full so that this shows as satisfactory on your credit file and there is no longer any money owing.

Please can you contact us at your earliest convenience to advise what action you would like us to take with regards to this account?

We also have a returned payment on the account totalling £2.00. If you choose to remove the account from the plan these payments can either be distributed to your remaining creditors or refunded to you by BACS payment to your bank account. To refund the payments to you we will need the name on your account, Sort code and account number. Please confirm at your earliest convenience what you would like us to do with these funds.

Your assistance is appreciated and I look forward to your reply.
    Last edited by Spent2much; 19 February 2013, 18:09.

Re: one of our debts have been written off

Cool, so as a business decision they decided to write it off - fine, stop paying and move on
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
      Cool, so as a business decision they decided to write it off - fine, stop paying and move on
      yep that's what we will do , good news though

Comment

Got a letter today from Orange saying they this.

We hereby give notice of the assignment of the debt due to us (trading as ''orange'' ) from you in respect of the balance of £233.37 outstanding on your account.

On 27/06/2013 your account was sold to Lowell Portfolio 1 Ltd

It is essential that all future payments , correspondence or queiries regarding this account be directed to Lowell Portfolio

and from Lowell

Orange have sold your account to Lowell Portfolio l Ltd
        goes on to say how they are a debt collection agency and shit.

as you can see above this debt was supposed to have been written off , now they have changed their minds

Comment

but i did have my suspicions when payplan said it was a phone call they received and i would have preferred the information in writing, so now we are starting again so it seems .

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
            but i did have my suspicions when payplan said it was a phone call they received and i would have preferred the information in writing, so now we are starting again so it seems .
            Wait and see what Lowells say - we'll sort a suitable response for you as and when they need it

In the meantime, try and get details from PP of who took that call and who it was between, of course they will have had to have taken names.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Wait and see what Lowells say - we'll sort a suitable response for you as and when they need it

In the meantime, try and get details from PP of who took that call and who it was between, of course they will have had to have taken names.
              thanks niddy i will do that and let you know

Comment

I have just sent an email and a copy of their email they sent to me , and asked them to give me the names of who took the call and so on

Comment

hi Niddy, i have received the names of the people who got the phone call from Orange, shall i post it here or send it in an email ?

thanks S2M

Comment

Originally posted by Spent2much View Post
                    hi Niddy, i have received the names of the people who got the phone call from Orange, shall i post it here or send it in an email ?

thanks S2M
                    S2M, I'd send their names in an email to Nid
                    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                      S2M, I'd send their names in an email to Nid
                      hi , thank you i will do that then

Comment

Niddy i have sent the names to your pm on here , hope you received it ok

Comment

i don't want to seem pushy but i sent the information to niddy on here by pm as the email wasn't working don't know why , but i haven't had a reply yet , i know niddy is busy but i have seen him on here the past few days and i wonder if he received the two pm's i sent him

Comment

I am here but I said before wait till lowells write THEN we'll sort a suitable response.

I tend to do quick replies on mobile. When I'm at PC I'll do templates but you don't need one yet

Comment

I am here but I said before wait till lowells write THEN we'll sort a suitable response.

I tend to do quick replies on mobile. When I'm at PC I'll do templates but you don't need one yet
                              Hi niddy only just seen this reply i didn't get an email telling me there was a reply that is happening a lot lately not sure why, but thank you i will wait and then post up here to update.

thanks again

Comment

Working...
                              X