GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script C1 / Cr@pquest Vs the chippy - they really are silly billies! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C1 / Cr@pquest Vs the chippy - they really are silly billies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C1 / Cr@pquest Vs the chippy - they really are silly billies!

I'm not paying C1 so they instruct the great CQ.
    I CCA CQ and they say it's nothing to do with them and I must phone C1......

So, I send them a couple of letters saying you must forward it to C1 - ignored!

I send them a stern letter saying "Please stop extracting the urine - you know you have to send it on, so get on with it before I come over there and boil you in oil"

I get a letter saying "Thanks ever so and while we await bla bla bla, you're account is on hold"

Chippy thinks "fine"

Next day chippy gets a letter from CQ saying "Stop taking the piss, cough up the dough, or we WILL take you to court!!

Do they know they can't take me to court unless they own the debt? Does the right hand talk to the left?

I give up!....

TBH - looking back, it was positively boring being solvent.. I'm actually starting to enjoy dealing with these fools.

Not only that, I wouldn't have "met" you 'orrible lot....
    -----------------------------------------------

Happiness, is screwing over a DCA.......

Re: C1 / Cr@pquest Vs the chippy - they really are silly billies!

Just an update.

They are getting no sense out of C1, so have thrown in the towel and returned the account to them.........

Comment

good one Chippy, don't get dizzy on that merry go round now!

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
        good one Chippy, don't get dizzy on that merry go round now!
        I'll try not to.......

Comment

The saga continues...

I now have a recon agreement sent and it's quite amazing.

C1's covering letter says..."We have included a scanned copy of the signed signature page of the original agreement"

....Er, no! - this wasn't included!!

"It shows the name and address at the time the agreement was signed"

....Er, no! It's a completely blank page which just has my name and account number typed on it!! When I say blank, I mean a page of PLAIN A4!!

A duff DN was sent in July 2011.
          A "Statement of default" was sent Aug 2011 which seems to double as a termination notice??

"The signature page provided (where?)would have had an extract on the reverse of the terms and conditions at the time OR the full terms" - Care to make your mind up which??

The first thing I noticed is the purported key financial and prescribed terms which were allegedly on the reverse of the sig page I don't have refer to late payment charges of £12?

Hmmm, I don't think that was £12 back in 1997?

Any ideas on my reply to C1 with this guys?

I may scan all this and send it to Nid over the weekend so he can have a good giggle...

Comment

just send back saying no prescribed terms

they'll ping pong it for a while and then admit they haven't actually got anything, look upon it as a wee excerise in tormenting some poor bugger on 9K a year.................

Comment

Without seeing don't know.....see which fits the bill

CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms
              CCA Query - Application Form Received
              CCA Query - Terms & Conditions Received
              CCA Query - Copy Document Received

or send over to Niddy for a look.............
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It's a bit of all.

T&C's only and the "alleged" reverse of the sig page that they did not include, but said they did!!.
                Late payment charges are wrong for 1997!

I think this may be worth a CPUTR in the first instance and then a SAR.

On the alleged copy of what was on the reverse of the signed agreement, the interest rates don't match that of recent statements - although that is subject to change over time. A sar may reveal more?

Comment

Originally posted by thechippy View Post
                  I think this may be worth a CPUTR in the first instance and then a SAR.
                  why chase it - just follow UE processes and let them take the fight to you then you defend using SAR and CPUTR.

Chasing it only brings forward any possible litigation - especially if it pisses them off and you happen to be wrong (and they spot this)...

I would chill and send the normal CCA Response back as directed by I2D above mate. That's what I would do, I'm pointing out
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ta Nids,

If you don't mind, I'll scan and send this to you in the next few days - seems a funny one to me, they contradict themselves all over the place and I'm not sure if any one template fits. Initially, it's probably the "terms only" one?

Anyway mate, it may be something else for your archives and at the least will give you a good laugh....

Comment

Cheers mate - send me a copy over then please

In the meantime, just sit tight and don't send anything back
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

Will do mate.
                        I'll send nada until you've had a gander.......

Comment

Sorry,

I dragged my heals a bit on this.
                          CCA / C1 response just emailed...

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post

And that, of course, includes any suggestion that they might find the original hanging on a nail in the executive loo or lining the office cat's litter tray.

Comment

Originally posted by thechippy View Post
                              Sorry,

I dragged my heals a bit on this.
                              CCA / C1 response just emailed...
                              and guess what>?

totally

Basically they admit it's a recon in the cover letter; the terms show £12 default charges (should be £25-£30) and thus they're in default of your CCA Request as it's not your signed agreement nor is it the terms that applied when you opened the account.

I'd respond with this: ---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Missing Prescribed Terms

Comment

Working...
                              X