GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cabot/FIRE/MSDW - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cabot/FIRE/MSDW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot/FIRE/MSDW

This is Morgan Stanley - Goldfish cc.
    They have sent an illegible application form, all you can read are my OH's details. Over the last 4 years Cabot have sent at least 3 different sets of t&cs. The account has been put in dispute, which they deny.
    This is with FIRE who have stated that at the time of entering an agreement with Goldfish the terms would have been legible. I am misinformed about my arguments and it is evident that I am delaying repayment of this account.
    If I dont contact them they will escalate the collection process.

I would prefer to avoid another court battle with them (having lost with Monument/Providan )so any suggestions as to my
    next action would be gratefully received!

They have not been sending annual statements.

Last letter sent stated account in serious dispute as illegible documents. shouldn't take any actions etc - the usual.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Cabot/FIRE/MSDW

The terms have to be legible and they have to be able to produce a set otherwise they cannot take action. How can they try and enforce a debt when they don't know the terms that you allegedly breached?

I would be arguing via letter - look at our UE templates, you'll get a lot of info and templates there.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Send something like this back:---> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...9&postcount=10
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

HI Cymruambyth!

What we have to establish here is, have you been provided with the correct inception T&C's, as well as the terms as varied.

I have before me MSDW T&C's:
        08/99;
        03/00 and;
        terms as varied : 2001 & 2002.

Also, I hold an MSDW PPI Certificate of Insurance; issue date 11/99
        (Not sure if you took out PPI?)

The following may assist you re: the sending of annual statements:
        http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/bus...it/oft1002.pdf

Please, can you state which issue T&C's you have been sent?

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          I do not disagree, Niddy!
          They are on the back foot in any case re: the legibility of the document.

Just trying to arm Cymru with some backup information

Comment

Ifs it's an goldfish card the terms are on the app so based on the OP saying that it was illegible plus the response from the DCA I'd say yes, the original terms are on the app form (illegible). So the dca tried to send the variant terms because obviously they cannot provide a recon of original terms in which case great!!

They won't be able to enforce.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Ifs it's an goldfish card the terms are on the app so based on the OP saying that it was illegible plus the response from the DCA I'd say yes, the original terms are on the app form (illegible) and they've tried to send the variant terms bug cannot provide a recon of original terms in which case great!!

They won't be able to enforce.
              This is not in relation to a Goldfish Card.

Crapbot, are chasing an alleged debt that started out as a Morgan Stanley Dean Witter Card!
              They dug up some agreements from some coptic tomb or, elsewhere. But do not know which issue T&C's to attach.
              Every single one of those ancient remain agreements that I have seen are totally illegible.

Comment

Cabot vs Paterson springs to mind, a case which i was fortunate to oversee.

Cabot could not satisfy the Court that the terms were the correct terms and their claim accordingly failed.

Comment

Hi thanks for the comments, it is a MSDW taken out in 1999 complete with totally illegible t&cs. Legibler t&cs are dated 06 and 00, plus Goldfish from 2008.
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Didn't MSDW card also half self contained terms?

Anyway - point is if the terms are illegible they can't enforce can they?

Comment

No they can't but it would be nice to send a suitable reply to stop they actions; one of the local DJs has incredible eyesight ............. if he can make out 1 word then it counts as legible!

Comment

I have found this, is it reported so that I can have a complete transcript? Plus can it be quoted in correspondence?

Mr Scott Paterson, at Doncaster county court in February this year, defeated Cabot Financial, which was trying to recoup £5,054 he had run up on a Morgan Stanley Dean Witter credit card. Judge Russell decided the copy of the agreement was illegible, the terms and conditions were not the ones originally supplied to Mr Paterson and that Cabot had failed to produce a properly reconstituted document.

Comment

Originally posted by cymruambyth View Post
                          I have found this, is it reported so that I can have a complete transcript? Plus can it be quoted in correspondence?

Mr Scott Paterson, at Doncaster county court in February this year, defeated Cabot Financial, which was trying to recoup £5,054 he had run up on a Morgan Stanley Dean Witter credit card. Judge Russell decided the copy of the agreement was illegible, the terms and conditions were not the ones originally supplied to Mr Paterson and that Cabot had failed to produce a properly reconstituted document.
                          Im not sure if we got it transcribed

Comment

Would it be worth quoting this to FIRE?Cabot or would that give then time to change stuff?

Comment

have Cabot issued proceedings?

Comment

Working...
                              X