GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Who owns the debt? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who owns the debt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who owns the debt?

I have a DMP via a dMC and they pay 5 accounts all to DCA's.

Wescot for AAvisa/BOS still get regular statements fro AAvisa

Iqor for BOS get some statements fro BOS

Equidebt for Cooperative bank get rare statements

Spratt Endicott Solicitors for Direct Line no statements

Blair Oliver Scott for BOS no statements

All of the accounts are 10 years or more

I am going down the CCA route for UE but do not know where to send them.

Also does anyone have CCA application or any dealings with the above DCA's as i would like to know in advance what obstacles they will put up.

Re: Who owns the debt?

Send your cca requests with a £1 postal oder, to the DCA;s you are currently paying.

So the ones the DMC are paying the money to.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Welcome to AAD

What type of accounts were these?
      Before you send anything off, could you tell us a bit more about the debts, how old and original format would be a good start.
      Are you still paying the DMP? Who is with?
      We're not being extra nosy here, we just need to know the facts to help you better

Comment

Direct line is a joint unsecured loan with my partner taken out 12 years ago the rest were around the same time maybe 8/9 years.
        The rest are individual credit cards. I was with DCM money solutions but as you know they went into liquidation (taking 4k of our money with them). My current DMC stepped in and do not charge for their services. All original applications were not on the internet but via forms that came through the post. I have just been made redundant and am trying the UE route before i go to F & F. Anyone had any dealings with AAvisa/BOS regarding F & F it is over 6k

Comment

Okay, try not to worry about individual creditors, everybody's journey is different, and as for the way these DCAs behave, there is not rhyme or reason.

I would send the CCAs to whoever is being paid the moment, remember to send the letter along with the pound postal order.
          Then sit back and await answers
          You will have to decide if you are going to stop paying the money at the moment, I would but its your decision.
          We'll help and support through the process, if you are going to look at unenforceability I certainly wouldn't worrying about F&Fs, that's in the future.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I am going to write to the DCA's that my current arrangement has now ended due to redundancy and that I am not refusing to pay the debt but can only offer a token amount (£1 per month) Should i put this letter in with the CCA applications or send it under seperate cover ?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikejleeds View Post
              Direct line is a joint unsecured loan with my partner taken out 12 years ago the rest were around the same time maybe 8/9 years.
              RBS underwrote these loans, i.e high chance of unenforceability cos they're pretty shyte when it comes to paperwork
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Do me a favour please, list your debts as per this post here: ---> Unenforceability Diaries - Read me First! - allaboutFORUMS

Please though do not go agreeing any F&F - trust me. If you can just list the debts for now i'll provide details of who to send CCA's off to.

I may move this to UE Diaries section if you want to pursue UE - just bear in mind your credit file will get trashed for 6 years, that's something you will invariable suffer anyway as you're on a dmp.

Thanks.
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Is Natwest RBS as i bank with them and i dont want them to take money from my account when i bank my redundancy money can they do that ??

Comment

Thanks for the info. I am going to write to the DCA's that my current arrangement has now ended due to redundancy and that I am not refusing to pay the debt but can only offer a token amount (£1 per month) Should i put this letter in with the CCA applications or send it under seperate cover ?
                    Eh just send the CCAs, if you ending the arrangement end it with the DMC. may be that some DCAs won't even notice, it does happen.

You need to think about you not the DCAs, if you are going to look at UE, no token payments, you need to read up on this site how UE works before you send out any letters.

Comment

Is Natwest RBS as i bank with them and i dont want them to take money from my account when i bank my redundancy money can they do that ??

yes they are and yes they may

Surely if you are on a DMP you opened a new bank account with a bank where you had no debt?

Comment

Ermm, not as things stand if you're all in agreement etc - but you ought to get a parachute account asap if you're looking at UE. They will use roso if they are not being paid their amounts as per agreement, but with a dmp they should not touch it as they'll have agreed to the smaller sums, but they CAN take it - sure they can, they can use roso at any point if they think they risk losing out somehow.

I would get a new account away from anyone you owe to asap. and get the redundancy moved to that as soon as it hits natwest, ideally login at like midnight and move it there and then (or whenever credits hit your account)

Comment

I strongly suggest you stop - read - think - listen and then come back to me before doing this.

Bad mistake, very bad.

Comment

Yes i understand now why that is wrong. So just send the CCA letters and wait.

Comment

No i didnt open a new account as i did not owe my bank anything at the time when the DMP was taken out. I didnt realise direct line had anything to do with natwest/rbs. I will now open a new account as my redundancy will be paid by cheque. I dont know how easy it will be for me, i am not on the electoral roll at all and have CCJ . I tried to open an account with Santander and despite having a mortgage with them for 15 years with no arrears computer said NO !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X