GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Ruthbridge letter and calls at work - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ruthbridge letter and calls at work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruthbridge letter and calls at work

Hi all, newbie here for some advice please.

I received a letter yesterday from Ruthbridge saying they have got my address from a credit agency and asked my to contact them. If i didn't a rep would call me.
    I have rechecked my Equifax report and some old reports and noted that i had a couple old credit cards/loans which had gone statue barred and are off of my current report. What should i do? Those debts were from my younger silly years hence the non payment. I have paid most of my old debts even through Lowell i paid a couple old debts off inc the one the CCJ is against! Should i ignore or contact them? They made no ref to what it related to or balance etc.

I am concerned now though as i have just been accepted for a mortgage (all bad credit was told upfront and even my ccj which is 6yrs old in November). Could their letter effect my mortgage now? What are the possible repercussions?

Just as I wrote the above I received a phone call from them in work.. I cant believe it. How the hell they got the number ill never know as i work in a secure site. I kindly told them never to contact me on that number again and they rudely said we will call here again as you do not respond any other way? I have had 1 letter from these people yesterday! I said bye and they were shouting something down the phone but i put the phone down.

This has upset me quite a bit and raised my stress levels even more (I already suffer from stress related illnesses and anxiety). What can i do about them calling my work?
    Thanks

Re: Ruthbridge letter and calls at work

Welcome to the form Leeroy.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to assist you. Don't Worry you'll get a lot of help.

Maybe have a look at some of the templates.

Snudgerchops

Comment

Well for a start they should NOT be contacting your work....... this is nothing more than intimidation and an attempt to embarass you. I don't know the exact templates to send but someone will be along very soon no doubt !
      I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Send them this..........>..........Harassment by Telephone at Work
        I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Knew there was a template Might need tweaked a bit to suit your situation but its all their
          I hereby promise to treat Debt Collection Agencies with the same values that they treat me. UTTER CONTEMPT !!

Comment

Hello all,

Thank you for the replies above, for some reason it wont open the templates? It starts to load then goes back to the previous page.

Thanks,
            Lee

Comment

copy & paste from here ... I'll ask sombody to check it out

Dear Sirs

Account No/Reference No: XXXXXXXX
              I refer to previous correspondence regarding the above numbered account, and your lack of diligence in dealing with my formal demands to cease calling me at my place of work.

This is now my final warning to you, I have sent you several letters to date - telling you this alleged account is unenforceable until you can provide me an original photocopy of the alleged signed agreement. To date you have failed to comply with my statutory request and have defaulted in respect of this account. Additionally this alleged agreement is in dispute and will remain so until such time as you come out of default or it is enforced by a court of law. It is a further offence to attempt to enforce this alleged agreement until such time as your default is revoked.

Therefore the fact you are continually calling me at my place of work proves you have no respect for legislation set out by the Office of Fair Trading which clearly states that you cannot cause me embarrassment, harass me or pursue a disputed debt.

Which area of your own Debt Collection Policies do you not understand, and I will spell it out for you? I demand that these calls cease effective immediately, any further breaches will result in my seeking a judgement order against you as well as claiming compensation and all costs for my breakdown and possible loss of occupation as a result of your intimidating and harassing calls, at my place of employment.

I await your prompt response.
              Yours faithfully,
              Last edited by Deepie; 10 March 2012, 12:28. Reason: typo
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by leeroy221 View Post
                Hello all,

Thank you for the replies above, for some reason it wont open the templates? It starts to load then goes back to the previous page.

Thanks,
                Lee
                It's working fine for me......

Comment

Originally posted by leeroy221 View Post
                  Hello all,

Thanks,
                  Lee
                  That'll be your system. They work fine
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

The CRA's subscribe to N Hunter which gives them employment details from your last applications.

Whenever I apply for things I always use a dummy number - usually the local rate Halifax number as its Leeds (0113) same as me
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Ok thanks,

It may be because i am in work and using my work computer.

Should i send that letter as they have not stated in their previous 1 letter i received what debt it refers to?

I have only received one letter which only says we have received your address from the credit ref agency please call us - no ref to any account number, amount etc. And 2 calls to my work number which i only said to them do not call on my work number again - so i do not know what they are refering to.

Should i write a letter to them asking for details of what they want and also ask them not to contact me on that number and only correspond in writing and until they state what they want i will not reply?

Thanks,
                      Lee

Comment

^^^^^^^^^^ just tweak it to suit

Comment

I would have thought it wouldn't effect the mortgage if you have a formal offer letter and you disclosed the adverse credit.

I would just send a letter , including the not only the telephone at work bit and also that you will only communicate by letter bit from one of the template and then after that ask them what it's all about. Once you know that the people on here will guide you.

Comment

Ok thank you.

I will jot up a letter and upload it here before sending to make sure its ok.

Thank you all so much for your help so far

Comment

Hello again all,

Is this ok to send?

Ruthbridge Limited
                              My Address Ruthbridge House
                              15 London Road
                              Twickenham
                              Middlesex
                              TW1 3ST

Dear Sir/Madam,

I recently received a letter from you requesting I call your office, due to the fact you have made no indication or reference to what this refers to I will not be doing so.

If you wish to contact me and explain what you are referring to please do so in WRITING ONLY. This is a formal demand, please do not make contact with me at work using the phone number you have previously used. This request is IAW the Office of Fair Trading which clearly states that you cannot cause me embarrassment, harass me, especially as you have not made clear why you are doing so in your previous single letter.

If you do not adhere to the above request I will seek a judgement order against you as well as claiming compensation and all costs for my breakdown and possible loss of occupation as a result of your intimidating and harassing calls at my place of employment.

I await your prompt response.
                              Yours faithfully,

Abc def ghi

No signature attached to this letter

Comment

Working...
                              X