Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

Morning all,

I know a lot of you have spare time on your hands and wonder if you can help me out with a little project?

Basically someone very dear to me has been shit on by Mortimer Clarke Legal (MCL) and as a result I am looking for links from the webby for any similar cases so that I can get the OFT & SRA on their back.

I need to just explain that the info we're seeking is not just anything about MCL, but specifically anything relating to them serving court papers to an incorrect address and/or breach of process.

A good example is this thread --> allaboutFORUMS

If the debt is Yorkshire Bank and the DCA was Marlin Financial Services then please link it here however any bank/dca is fine so long as the solicitor is MCL.

As much info as possible please guys - post any links from *any sources or forums, its fine.

Thanks for any help. :niddy

* Note - As you'll see we don't block links to other forums nor will we ever say avoid a forum, so long as the info is useful, accurate and helpful (hint hint...)
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Re: Help!

Hoping that this one will help a bit niddy

Shas V Marlin, Mortimer Clarke, Phoenix, Tom, Dick, Harry...
    I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

I haven't had time to read all through this link but it does involve Marlin, Mortimer Clarke and Yorkshire Bank where it seems the Defendant had been paying another DCA for Yorkshire Bank for years but still got issued with court proceedings by MCL who had told her to keep paying the other DCA because it was probably for a different account and then promptly issued the summons

Marlin/Mortimer Clarke v OH

Do you want me to PM the poster on that site to find out what happened in the end (so long as it won't get me banned from LB)?
      Last edited by PlanB; 12 July 2012, 11:57. Reason: added last line

Comment

Here's one where MCL got a CCJ after sending papers to an old address when OC had been informed of new address:

Marlin/Mortimer Clarke have been granted a CCJ against me for a debt that I knew nothing about!

Comment

Not following process:

Statutory Demand on a Stature Barred Debt! Mortimer Clarke/Marlin ***WON***

Interesting article on them:
          Insolvency Law Online

Comment

Oh and my Fav

Mortimer Clarke Solicitors Court Claims with Errors

MoneySavingExpert.com Forums - View Single Post - Hsbc/marlin/tessera/phoenix Recoveries
            Last edited by jen_br; 12 July 2012, 12:56.

Comment

What a wealth of knowledge on AAD

Comment

awesome guys, keep em coming - this is what I need
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Is this any help. LINK bank got CCJ/CO for loan - never got any papers - now want to force sale of house - help

They couldn't even get the name of the Bank that was chasing this guy right on their paperwork.

Mentions SARL Marlin Luxembourg and a Phoenix Recoveries.

From another source
                  Phoenix Recoveries (UK) Ltd SARL - Marlin Recoveries
                  25B Boulevard Royal L-2449
                  Luxembourg

Address for sending documents and payments

2 The Courtyard
                  Beeding Court
                  Shoreham Road
                  Steyning
                  West Sussex
                  BN44 3BJ

Same address as above for Mortimer Clarke Solicitors.
                  I suppose this isn't news to some but new to me so I will keep digging as I am fascinated by the Luxembourg connection. Isn't that one of those Tax Haven places

Regards, Handy
                  Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
                  Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Is this any help. LINK bank got CCJ/CO for loan - never got any papers - now want to force sale of house - help

They couldn't even get the name of the Bank that was chasing this guy right on their paperwork.

Mentions SARL Marlin Luxembourg and a Phoenix Recoveries.

From another source

I suppose this isn't news to some but new to me so I will keep digging as I am fascinated by the Luxembourg connection. Isn't that one of those Tax Haven places

Regards, Handy
                    Sure is and there was a DCA mentioned in this programme aired the other night:

Dispatches - 4oD - Channel 4

Comment

SARL Marlin are no more, they dissolved in December 2010.
                      I believe them to be part of the Cargill UK group.

Mainly Agricultural but the company web site states areas of operation in the UK.

Cargill has activities in the following areas in the United Kingdom:

alcohol
                      animal feed ingredients
                      asset management
                      cotton trading
                      emissions, electricity and gas trading
                      financial services and risk management
                      food and feed ingredients sales
                      grain and oilseed trading
                      industrial chocolate
                      ocean transportation and logistics
                      oilseed crushing, refining and hardening
                      poultry processing
                      primary cocoa processing
                      production and sales of glucose syrups, starches and starch derivatives
                      specialty food ingredients including texturisers
                      More digging to do.
                      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Lets stick to what is important please guys, I know all the formation and accounting history of all three mentioned so I am only looking for links relating to abuse by YB, Marlin and/or Mortimer Clarke.

Thanks

Comment

Marlins Mortimer even get mentioned on warm fuzzy sites such as net mums. LINK MARLIN FINANCIAL SERVICES

I'm sure they broke a rule or two about Phishing here.

Comment

Has this been posted yet? Marlins Yorkshire Bank and a discount on a debt from a judgement obtained without knowledge? in 2007.

As we know when discounts are offered it's normally because the debt is SB or Shaky

LINK New and in need of advice please - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              Lets stick to what is important please guys, I know all the formation and accounting history of all three mentioned so I am only looking for links relating to abuse by YB, Marlin and/or Mortimer Clarke.

Thanks
                              Sorry Niddy, you are absolutely right. I have never had dealing with these folk. Apart from back in the late 70's I had a YB Loan. When I was made redundant I arranged to pay just the interest for 6 months. After 5 months a Mr John Smith from the Yorkshire bank called round to the house to see how I was doing?

He remarked on how nice the house was due to the work I had done, also about my car. At the time I was doing Chauffeur work.

He said he would report back that normal payments would be made as agreed during the next month. a Week later I received notice from the Land registry that YB was going to apply for a CO against the house. Then came the papers from the Sheffield County court along with an affidavit from a Mr John Smith Private Enquiry Agent working on behalf of YB.

I beg stole and borrowed and had the money to clear the debt on the day it went to court. Actually the debt of £1,500 was paid in full 2 years sooner than agreed with no settlement figure.

Now I know this is such ancient History it will be of no use. I could also tell of a case I was on the fringes of when YB paid suggested to Administrators they would be better to work for them and put the client into liquidation than to help them stay afloat. I was a creditor of the company concerned and one of the lucky ones. I only lost 12K

So I'm not surprised YB has your back up. I wouldn't touch them with a bargepole after the 70's. Looks like things never got any better.

Regards, Handy

Comment

Working...
                              X