Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help!

I just thought Tarquin was a better name for him He seems to have that sort of Metro look about him.

I agree with you about all the other licences. (More Shells than a Russian Doll). I found the the public register kept hanging when I ran the search with chrome?. When I used IE the result was back in a flash.

Seems though that some fee paying companies that quote Marlins Licence Number have it wrong because when I searched using their information the result came back not known.

I suppose it was to much to hope for that we had found a loophole.

Ah well back to the coalface

Regards, Handy
    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

please try and post links to relevant cases of abuse here - I will be sending a copy of this thread to all parties so please, bear that in mind.

Thanks all
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Anyone got anything on marlin...? Specifically Marlin Financial Services - not their subsidiaries etc

Finished with MCL for the moment, need abuse cases for Marlin guys...

Please help to scour internet for any Marlin related posts and bung them here

Thanks
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
          That is interesting.

That statutory demand was issued by Richard Mathias who, having been a solicitor since 15 November 1989, is surely old enough to know better.

The Law Society does not seem to believe he is an insolvency practitioner.
          even moreso....

---> Mortimer Clarke Solicitors Limited - 06211733 - BN11 1QP Worthing West Sussex incorporated 13/04/2007 - company credit reports and accounts - bizzy

As they are based abroad they need to use UK based servicing agencts to collect and litigate and generally use Marlin. Their in house legal dept is called Mortimer Clarke and they operate an automated legal letter system, it would appear that their solicitor Richard Mathias doesn’t get in the office every often so the work is carried out by paralegals.

Comment

---> http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/money/...bt-threat.html

Phoenix has told me that its only place of business is in Luxembourg, so it need not register in the UK. However, it did give a British address to the Office of Fair Trading, which issued its debt collector's licence.

That address, in Cobham, Surrey, belongs to Cargill plc, which describes itself as 'an international producer and marketer of food, agricultural, financial and industrial products and services'.
            Cargill and Phoenix are certainly connected. The OFT's contact at Phoenix is an in-house lawyer at Cargill. Perhaps Companies House should take a close look at Phoenix and see whether, since it wishes to appear British, it should be registered in Britain, too.

Comment

^^^ As a result of the above, can anyone confirm is Cargill, MCL & Marlin related in any way..? Based on what I have researched it may appear that the same in-house solicitor (we must presume this is MCL/Richard Mathias) operates for both Marlin & Cargill.

Anyone able to prove this to be factual or not?

* I am reporting both MFS & MCL to the OFT and MoJ later today so need to get my proof intact prior to flying in with ownership accusations, I have the evidence for mis-management of client account, abuse of DPA and severe abuse of CCL but I need the final nail in the coffin which will be any link between these firms.....

Comment

Here is my FOI to HM Courts.....

Click image for larger version

Name:	FOI.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	1390108

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  ^^^ As a result of the above, can anyone confirm is Cargill, MCL & Marlin related in any way..?
                  <snip>
                  but I need the final nail in the coffin which will be any link between these firms.....
                  At work at the moment so bit limited on the time I can spend on this for you, however there are a crapload of firms registered at the postcode shown above.

http://companydb.co.uk/postcode/BN11+1QP

To show a direct link between firms (and directors/employees) I suggest the following, list each of those firms and then find a list of directors, cross reference each director to each firm, I know you are concentrating on just 3, however it might give more weight if you can show a myriad of other inter-connecting relationships.

eg

Company 1...............Company 2...........Company 3
                  Director 1----------> Director 1 ------> Director 1
                  Director 2----------> Director 2 ------> Director 2
                  Director 3----------> Director 3 ------> Director 3
                  Co Secretary-------> Co Secretary ---> Co Secretary

etc etc

With a bit more time we could look into other aspects of each business and see what else they share, the more info you can get the stronger your argument.
                  Last edited by Bricktop; 19 July 2012, 08:42.

Comment

Excellent FOI.
                    Cargill are massive, and it looks as if hundreds of companies/subsidiaries use their address, most of which share the same director/s, notably Robin David Thurston. Checking CCL's at the company postcode brings up the connection to Phoenix, with Mr Thurston listed as a contact at the same address as Cargill.
                    PDF attached showing Phoenix's (lapsed) CCL and Richard Thurston's LONG list of directorships in Cargill and other companies. Still working on the Mathias link...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Ah, Richard Edmund Mathias..

Waltair
                      Vanzell Road
                      Midhurst
                      West Sussex
                      GU29 9BA

http://company-director-check.co.uk/director/912389345

Along with his family,

Annette, Robert and Adam

http://www.192.com/people/search/

Plenty of info available in the public domain if you decide to start digging...

Nice house Dickie !

Comment

Link doesn't work..had to buy some credits to see the full listing...
                        Attached Files

Comment

He is a busy little fellow, only Director listed for MC

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/06211733

http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosin...6&searchType=L
                          Last edited by Bricktop; 19 July 2012, 09:21.

Comment

For Interest only, has anyone seen this
                            LINK http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/money/...bt-threat.html

Sorry I see it's all ready been up.

Regards. Handy
                            Last edited by Handyman; 19 July 2012, 10:48.
                            Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Marlin / Phoenix / Yorkshire Bank.
                              LINKMortimer Clarke, Blatant Breach of OFT unfair regs 2008,

I have seen a few like this over the last few days.

Regards, Handy

Comment

Look here to see the links we already have ---> Our Campaigns | Consumer Revenge UK

Thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                                X