Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help!

Last one until I hear different because by now I an suffering from information overload let alone "El Nid"

I don't know how you fit all this in mate.

The issue is that:

- According to mine and Payplan's records I am still owing approximately £4600 (£4,623.93).
    - According to Marlin Financial's records they say that I am owing well over £7000.
    LINK Marlin Financial are increasing my debt for no reason!!!!!!

Did you ask for people with too much time on your hands
    You must know by now all you have to do is blow the bugle and we will all run to the call.

Regards, Handy
    Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
    Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Thanks Handy, keep em coming mate - the more the better.

I am going to OFT in the next 3 days with this, sod the petition, we will do it ourselves here this weekend by getting the proof and then sending all the proof off to the OFT in the hope they then take action.

If they do, guess what?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
        Thanks Handy, keep em coming mate - the more the better.

I am going to OFT in the next 3 days with this, sod the petition, we will do it ourselves here this weekend by getting the proof and then sending all the proof off to the OFT in the hope they then take action.

If they do, guess what?
        You can use it as a bases to stop court action whilst oft investigation under way ?

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          You can use it as a bases to stop court action whilst oft investigation under way ?
          It means, if the OFT find in our favour that all judgments issued in the period of time that the OFT stipulate as being 'problematic' would be as good as worthless as we could then go to court and say "look, they got this CCJ but the OFT have now reprimanded them for the procedures used and thus ours must be void - set aside please judge..."

following me now.....
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

OK Boss I will keep digging until you tell me to stop. I know what I will be doing this weekend.

It won't matter because we are getting flooded out again. The road out of town to the North and East are blocked by landslips and floods. So as long as the interwobble doesn't go down this will give me something to do.

Regards, Handy
            Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Last one tonight. I only briefly looked at this and going by the dates if they had met you a few years ago would have gone UE.
              Typical PP and them next door.

LINK CCJ Being Paid under DMP for 9 years and PPI on the Loan. Legal Help Please :-))

I love the advice from them (careful here) as the advice is to reclaim the PPI to clear the debt!

Comment

For my ref (sorry if duplicated)

--> I've received a stat demand - Help

--> Statutory Demand on a Stature Barred Debt! Mortimer Clarke/Marlin ***WON***

Comment

We need a mole inside Northampton County Court which is aware that Mortimer Clarke do this all the time. Too many cases getting mysteriously discontinued when Defendants complain to the court on receipt of bogus papers

In one of these examples (see link) a complaint was made to Trading Standards which will be a good source of cases/info Another got a CO

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ead.php?123512

Comment

Has anyone seen this yet.
                    LINK MoneySavingExpert.com Forums - View Single Post - Hsbc/marlin/tessera/phoenix Recoveries

Comment

http://www.penaltychargesforum.co.uk...rke-solicitors

and more nidds

This one is even better

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...mer-Clarke-DCA
                      Last edited by kilasuit; 13 July 2012, 20:57.
                      I am an IT Professional with a Background in most Microsoft Based Technologies. Currently Proud to Work at one of the Leading UK Universities. I have that Mentality of "If I can provide Useful Input - then I will Try my best to do so"

Life is full of Ups and Downs. Shame it just aint simple.

Comment

LINK Debt Questions View topic - Marlin financial services

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                          We need a mole inside Northampton County Court which is aware that Mortimer Clarke do this all the time. Too many cases getting mysteriously discontinued when Defendants complain to the court on receipt of bogus papers

In one of these examples (see link) a complaint was made to Trading Standards which will be a good source of cases/info Another got a CO

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ead.php?123512
                          Agreed PlanB. Though there is a lot of information on the forums and the tactic of getting a CCJ before the debtor is aware by misdirecting the paperwork gets a lot of mentions. The posters get one or two replies then the thread dies.

Of course it wouldn't happen on AAD, the folks here would support and see it through to the end.

Although Marlin and Mortimer Clarke have been the subject of Television Programmes and previous investigations, I have not yet turned up much that we haven't heard before.

There must be statistics somewhere of cases thrown out of Northampton because of dodgy paperwork or the number of times Mortimers have gone down the insolvency line.

Now I hope Niddy will forgive me for this, but when I saw the link (by a cagger) suggesting that Cargill PLC may have an involvement, I carried on digging. The only link I could find was that they shared the same accommodation address in Luxenbourg.

There is a similarity between Cargills Black River Asset company and Marlins parent company Black Tip Capital but in name only.
                          Looks to me like someone has been putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5

One thing though, a lot of mention has been made of Mortimer Clarke only having one registered Solicitor. But Black Tip working from the same address have a Chief Legal Officer with quite an impressive CV.

Following a period of litigation practice he moved his legal career in-house to First National Bank Plc. and, after three years there, to GE Consumer Finance as Legal Counsel. During his time with both finance providers, @@@@ was advised, negotiated and drafted contracts for the sale of consumer non-performing loans, third party receivables management and consumer credit distribution.

He advised and represented the companies on compliance and insolvency claims, provided regulatory advice on consumer finance and business matters and also provided training to customer-facing teams on compliance, good practice and business ethics.

He has broad experience in litigation, commercial law, contracts, consumer credit, receivables management and insolvency laws and skills in negotiation and drafting. He has an LLB and is a member of the Bar of England and Wales.
                          As I said off thread but just looking outside the box.

How many people who have been turned over by this method of dubious manipulation of the rules do you think ever find themselves posting on line about it?

My own thoughts are for everyone we get to hear about probably another 20 go unmentioned.

Time to go digging again.

Regards all, Handy

Comment

I don't think we have seen this thread yet?

A rich source of information?

andy (Guest) Tuesday, 18 October 2011
                            i have been contacted by marlin recently regarding a debt that is probably 20 years old, which i cant even remember. i was young and struggled to pay. are they obliged to provide me with a signed agreement for the original loan or whatever it was. i seem to think i read somewhere that by law they have to be able to provide this if asked for it along with any statements Etc. Anyone help

Andy
                            Dave (Guest) Wednesday, 24 August 2011
                            These people keep phoning and asking me for info , and i tell them write to me , they say 5 letters have been sent and i ignored them , i say if you think i got the letters send the next one registered , they say we wont do that , i tell them well do not bother me , i have never been a debtor , and tell them they are chasing the wrong person , been polite so far on the phone but the last time gave them 2 words !

richard (Guest) Wednesday, 30 March 2011
                            I have had problems with marlin over the last year they wanted over £8000 for a debt they said had not been paid. They said this was car finance which I had defaulted on I told them this debt wasn`t mine and I never had this car when they said i had it. I also could prove it. They said they had the credit agreement signed by me with a copy of my driving licence, I asked them to send me a copy of these documents which they did after a few weeks. I looked at the credit agreement it didn`t look like my signature, when I looked at the copy of my licence there was something missing on it, in 2001 I was caught by a speed camera and I was given 3 penaulty points ( the licence was the old paper one). I received a letter from their solicitors in september 2010 saying their client has requested it be closed with no further action to be taken. Well today I received a phone call from another debt agency saying that I owe a debt which they had bought from marlin I told them about the letter from the solicitors saying the account had been closed but they don`t believe me saying they got it off marlin so it must still be owed . I told them I will send them a copy of the letter, they said thats fine but could only put the account on hold for a few days. So what do i do now? has the account been re-opened by marlin or what.
                            Loads more LINK Marlin Financial Services - Dispatches TV - DebtWizard

One of the comments I like is
                            ex (Guest) Thursday, 10 September 2009
                            i worked for the company Feb 2007 to April 2008. I came from a repatable, very compliant debt recovery company. The small few whose greed for money make customers and collegues life hell!The staff are bullies, Marc was a nasty piece of work and the lady speaking on film is a complete bitch who push targets so far to make life difficult for you.
                            I wish i shopped them 2 years ago!
                            A company whose collections manager i
                            Regards, Handy

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                              That is interesting.

That statutory demand was issued by Richard Mathias who, having been a solicitor since 15 November 1989, is surely old enough to know better.

The Law Society does not seem to believe he is an insolvency practitioner.
                              Attached Files

Comment

^^^^ find a turd

Classic Cloggy

Comment

Working...
                                X