• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help!

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    ^^^^ find a turd

Classic Cloggy
    Yes - I thought I should compliment him.

Comment

I am sure that we have duplicated some of this but for those that can bear to plough through it.

Having said that this is a pretty recent one involving YB.

Looks like my day's work is all ready mapped out

LINK No Justice !!!!!!!!

Now I wish I had Cloggys search skills because I cant find anything on Marlins Chief Legal Officer Mr Tariq Khan. This is the man that's responsible for Marlin and I assume any one else that they use "Compliance".

Tariq Khan, Chief Legal Officer at Marlin Financial Group, joins the Board of the Credit Services Association as Director responsible for Compliance.
      Tariq, who is a Member of the Bar of England and Wales, gained a clear majority vote at the recent CSA AGM to add this voluntary role to his responsibilities at leading debt purchaser, Marlin, where he has overseen the legal and compliance teams since 2006.

"A strong compliance culture can pay dividends by giving clients the reputational protection they seek and by providing customers with a fair creditor they can engage with" commented Tariq, who is sure to make a positive impact on the CSA.
      CSA = Credit Services Association sounds impressive.
      Another paid members self regulating club

Regards all, Handy
      Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,
      Life Long Card Carrying Member Of the Union of Different Kinds.

Comment

Niddy could I ask if Phoenix Recoveries (UK) s.a.r.l or Merlin s.a.r.l ever featured in any of the paperwork, possibly as assignee?

Regards, Handy
        Mother Nature Don't Draw Straight lines, We are Broken Moulds in Life's Grand Design, We look a Mess but we're doing fine,

Comment

Nope. YB / Marlin / Mortimer matey
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Cheers for that Boss, time to look in another direction

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
              Now I wish I had Cloggys search skills because I cant find anything on Marlins Chief Legal Officer Mr Tariq Khan. This is the man that's responsible for Marlin and I assume any one else that they use "Compliance".

Picture of him for dartboard purposes
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post
                Would it be wrong to replace dartboard with bathroom?
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I think he looks rather smashing - public schoolboy look about him?

I do hope he never heard the words "bend over Tariq, grit your teeth..." which seems so prevalent in todays upper class education system.
                  If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bricktop View Post

printed toilet roll with his mugshot on it would go down well

Comment

Whoa go easy on Old Tariq, apparently his appointment as Marlin Director was Terminated in November 2011, at the same time he became a Voluntary and I guess unpaid Director of the Credit Services Association?

Maybe now he's unemployed Marlin will be after him

Strangely The Blacktip website, because he doesn't get much of a mention on Marlin website still say's he is the Chief Legal Officer! I guess the website that monitors companies house has it wrong! The move from London to Newcastle must have been a real killer for him (As If)

Last edited by Handyman; 15 July 2012, 23:32. Reason: Mistake on date

Comment

Now I wish I had Cloggys search skills because I can't find anything on Marlins Chief Legal Officer Mr Tariq Khan. This is the man that's responsible for Marlin and I assume any one else that they use "Compliance".
                        It's just a matter of knowing where to look.

Tariq Khan is not a "silk", but he certainly seems to be a bit of a quaint customer. According to the Bar Standards Board - link - although he may administer oaths, advise on immigration matters (?) and do other stuff that barristers do, he seems not to have any rights of audience. That means he may not represent any client in court.

One might wonder why a barrister employed by a debt farming group should want to advise on immigration matters and such like, but it was probably just the default option if he had not ticked the box for that to be omitted.

Of more interest may be that he is apparently employed by Marlin Finance Group Limited which company does not exist and, as far as I can discover, has never existed. The nearest match would be Marlin Financial Group Limited which, although it does exist, seems not to have any Consumer Credit Licence.

Perhaps they ticked the box for no publicity, or they thought they were getting one when Tracy the temp got a TV licence instead?
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 16 July 2012, 11:03.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                          Would it be wrong to replace dartboard with bathroom?
                          Yes.

The darts could damage the kharzi.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                            Looks like your typical 'City' type
                            Or Jewish?

Comment

Thanks for the info Clever. I believe from Marlins web site they hold a CL, at least they quote the number. When I tried this afternoon to see if it was current it looks like the OFT's server was down. I will have another go now.

To Say that Tarquin holds supposed high office in Black Tip and the CSA, I don't find his qualifications very sparkling.

I wonder what sort of Litigation work he did before First Capital and GE Finance?

Regards, Handy

Comment

Thanks for the info Clever. I believe from Marlins web site they hold a CL, at least they quote the number. When I tried this afternoon to see if it was current it looks like the OFT's server was down. I will have another go now.
                                Marlin Financial Services Limited, Marlin Legal Services Limited, Marlin Capital Europe I Limited, Marlin Capital Europe II Limited and various other Marlin companies of that same postcode - BN11 1QP - all have current Consumer Credit Licences. Indeed, there are so many companies that one might wonder if some companies (and licences) were being held in reserve lest one of their licences be (accidentally?) revoked by the OFT.

Marlin Finance Group Limited, which Tariq Khan claims to be his employer, is completely unknown to Companies House; this seems to be a bit naughty, but so does the lack of any CCL for Marlin Financial Group Limited. Did the application form end up in the office cat's litter tray by mistake?

To Say that Tarquin holds supposed high office in Black Tip and the CSA, I don't find his qualifications very sparkling.
                                Nor do I, but who is Tarquin? Is he some sort of homosexualist?

I wonder what sort of Litigation work he did before First Capital and GE Finance?
                                Could his previous work for them explain his currently apparent inability to represent any client in court?

Comment

Working...
                                X