GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Digital tv - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Digital tv

I was going to post a question i have on tv, but wondered whether it be an idea to have this as a new topic where people can ask/give advice here.

Anyway my question is, does anyone know of a good deal for S*y at the moment. My folks are looking to get the sports channels, they do actually have s*y at the mo but the contract is in my name & they insist it can't be changed.

Any links/ideas welcomed

Thanks Swanny

Re: Digital tv

My friend has recently split with her partner and as the s** was in his name and he has moved out of the house and bought his own, he had to transfer the s** contract to his house and she had to get a new contract which she upgraded to S**HD for free (you do have to pay £10.00 a month for this on top) an got the broadband connection FOC.

You could cancel your contract and they could have a new one but you have to give a months notice if it is past 12 months i believe.

See below taken from their website
    If you wish to leave S**, you will need to provide 31 days notice if you cancel or downgrade your package. Please call S** Customer Services on 08442 *** ***

If you don't want to leave S**, but you're not happy with your current package, we can help you choose channels and services that are right for you and your budget.

If you're happy with your current TV subscription but want to see more of the programmes you love, see My S** for personalised recommendations, S** Anytime, Remote Record, Never Miss and more.

If you're not happy with your telephone or internet service, we can help you get more from these products and fix common problems. We can, for example, see if we can help you improve a slow wireless broadband connection and help you get the best speeds possible. For tips and fixes for common technical problems, visit our dedicated help sections for S** Talk and S** Broadband.

Comment

sorry, I'm on freesat, and I don't watch fussball..

Comment

Hi Swanny,

A woman at work told me that she phoned sky and told them she couldn't afford it anymore and wanted to get it cut off...so they halved the cost for her. Don't think that's any help to youin any way but they can do deals, they just don't like to tell anyone k
        Made by God...Improved by the Devil
        Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan
          I was going to post a question i have on tv, but wondered whether it be an idea to have this as a new topic where people can ask/give advice here.

Anyway my question is, does anyone know of a good deal for S*y at the moment. My folks are looking to get the sports channels, they do actually have s*y at the mo but the contract is in my name & they insist it can't be changed.

Any links/ideas welcomed

Thanks Swanny
          a bit naughty .. but cancel your contract then get them to sign up under their name (providing a) its a different name ie you arent both called Joe Bloggs, B) you havent given the company agreement that your folks can deal with your account on your behalf , the company will fall over themselves to help you out. especially as you wont need the dish just grab at least a free sky+(hd) box from them.

my lodger has just done this @ my house, I cancelled my account, he signed up as a new customer.

Comment

Ive just done this exact "scam" - basically my HD box was like 2yrs old so I rung for a new one and they said no, i'd have to pay.

I told them I pay £120 per month and have been with them since BSB (square dish in the 80's) and that some goddam customer loyalty wouldn't go amiss. She refused so I cancelled, fcuk em!

However in my 30 day cancellation period the mrs went onto sky.com and took out a new package - exact same as we currently have - and picked the install date for a day before mine would be cut off. Basically we now have a new HD box and 4 new additional boxes. The funny thing is when the wife ordered it they refused at first cos there was still a live account here - so i told her to say that it was in your hubbies name who has ran off with your mate and therefore won't be back... the sales rep went quiet and then said ok, as he is no longer there we'll set you up your own account.

So as a result of doing this we have a load of new boxes and 3 months half price plus the £50 M&S vouchers... if they'd given me a new HD box at the start they'd have been better off. What's funny i'm going to write in and tell them this as well cos I refused to pay the last bill (principle) and they are telling me they'll default me, bit hard when I signed a contract back in 1989 haha - idiots!

sorted ;-y ;-y ;-y
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

the Cost for a TV Licence unbearable £145.50, sent me a letter to say that my TV Licence is due expire end of Sept 2010, And have the cheek to quote in there letter:

Switch On, Sit Back, Tune In, Wind Down, Curl up and Enjoy a Years worth of TV
              Went online, and send that i Don't have TV Licence as i NOW use it to watch Pre-Recorded DVD and Gaming (the Sky Box will be unplugged and cabled away at end of this month). Sky programmed to be Cancelled end of year at same time.....(unless Sky gives me a Bargain in lifetime which will pay towards over priced BBC TV

Had enough repeats of UK Gold, GOLD+, DAVE, DAVE JA RUE E4, E4+, BBC Channels, ITV2, ITV+2, ITV3, ITV3+, ITV4, ITV+4 in the last 6 months of being unemployed......And they have the cheek to say 'that the licence is for recieving' i've given up ranting.....
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan
                Interesting conversation with S*y on Monday evening. They have offered to insert a password to allow my folks access to the account though it will still be in my name.

However the interesting part was when i mentioned if they still wished to cancel. The lady said that a new box was installed in May 2010 & this had reset the contract??? Ie the 12 months started from this date.

Erm now this "new box" was installed by me & it was a 4 yo S*y+ box. All they did was to change over the card for this box. ;Hmm

Now if my folks still decide to cancel would S*y be able to enforce "the contract"

I believe not but wanted some other opinons.

Comment

My Pops range Sky the yesterday who are offering a free HD box at the moment if you take Multi room, anyway his SKY+ box is on the way out, and he managed don't ask me how to blag a free box, and no multiroom.

He told them that as pensioners they cannot afford both the £10 extra for HD a month and £10 for Multiroom per month and that they don't need M/R anyway he has a box on it way Free Gratis.

Everytime we have had a box from Sky Analogue to Digi we paid, Digi to SKY+ we paid SKY+ to HD we paid think i am doing something wrong here.

Comment

Sky has now increased there payments by £1.00

I noticed this month that they tool £19.00 out of my account, i e-mailed them to ask why? As you don't have my authorisation or permission to take more than £18.00 out of my account fraudletly without acknowledging me, If you i don't recieve a reply within 7 days for reason (s) i shall cancel D/D and file a fradulent money from my bank account

Replied in 2 days, said they sent me a letter in July, (No such letter from them). Told them i have not recieved such letter, and that i shall be cancelling my subscription (as it ends Dec 2010) anyways, as you have C*ap on channels (constant daily repeats twice a day and weekends) and that you still ower me £1.00 for fraudlently taking money without my permission
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

took sky insurance out got new box, cancelled sky within 7 days of taking out insurance ...

new box -> no insurance -> reconnected sky @ half price for 12 months, (with no contract) and free upgrades all over on channels , with a "useless" £50 m and s voucher . (anyone want it? there is no marks and sparks here, i can mail when it arrives )

Comment

My sky just gone up by £2 a month a rang to ask why and they said annual increase.

Got to be 100% honest here... I pay a stupid amount for sky but........ we are not great party animals, we can't afford to go out much so this is our treat... I cancelled the movies (as felt cheaper just to rent a dvd if we wanted to watch a movie) but Mr Looloo likes the sports channels (and seeing as he puts up watching my carp i feel only fair) and we have the kids channels for the little uns. we do have an old box in their room and I am seriously consider cancelling that.

I also have a bit of a problem with sky as it is still in the ex Mr looloo's name!! Seeing as we should be moving soon don't feel the need to change it but it can be a faff when talking to them - even though I am named on the account!!

Comment

Does anyone know how the freesat type thing works? My mum's got a dish but no box, would I be able to get her a box from ebay and plug it in and her get freeview channels? Her aerial's fubarred and she's been watching snowy tv for years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ames
                            Does anyone know how the freesat type thing works? My mum's got a dish but no box, would I be able to get her a box from ebay and plug it in and her get freeview channels? Her aerial's fubarred and she's been watching snowy tv for years.
                            See here--> http://www.freesat.co.uk/how-to/use-your-sky-dish

Comment

Watchdog acts on warranty sales 'selling satellite television warranties'......
                              Three businesses that were illegally selling, to customers have been put into provisional liquidation....Read more at our Media Forum of latest.....viewtopic.php?p=38398#p38398

Comment

Working...
                              X