GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Digital tv - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Digital tv

I decided to cancel my Sky tv a couple weeks ago, so emailed them to advise of thius.

It's taken them 2 weeks to reply & they quote the Data Protection Act stating they need to speak to me on the phone.

Be interesting to see what happens in 6 weeks when i don't renew my TV licence as well.

Comment

Yup, you got to call them, as SKY likes to play Ball, by keeping you on the phone for 30 mins (well theydid with me, but i had them on mute, whilst making my tea)

You got to call them, (But at same time i cancelled my DD, so if they did try to take monies from me, Tough!!!)
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by 5corpio View Post
        Yup, you got to call them, as SKY likes to play Ball, by keeping you on the phone for 30 mins (well theydid with me, but i had them on mute, whilst making my tea)

You got to call them, (But at same time i cancelled my DD, so if they did try to take monies from me, Tough!!!)
        Nope fraid you don't have call them mate.

Cancelled the same way last time, & just made a complaint when they never closed the account. Hey presto account closed, will try it again.

Comment

Letter from Sky today, sorry to hear you want to cancel.

And no phone call to them either, mind you another email on its way later as they've given cancellation date when they replied 2 weeks later than my first email to them.

Comment

Email today from Sky:-

Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre.
            Our system can only process 31days cancellation notice from the day the cancellation is processed.
            In other to honour customer request from the original date, we then make a credit adjustment to cover the difference between date of notification by customer and date of cancellation on system.
            Your account is no exception to the above, this is why on 03/05/11 that is your billing date, £8.92 will be your final payment.

I hope this helps with your enquiry.

So does the tv cancel on the 3rd? To me this says not.

Comment

Fooking Sky tv.

My folks have signed up for Sky & asked for an install after the 23rd June.

The installer is turning up at midday today.

Comment

Just seen this thread.

Interesting that so many people are cancelling their Sky subscriptions. I have never used Sky, because I consider it not worth the cost, unless you are a sports and/or film fanatic. I am neither! And, having spent a week at my son's house sitting, after looking through the TV guide, I feel even more than ever convinced that I am right! And can't tell the difference between HD and "normal".

I have a Freeview telly, plus a hard disk/DVD recorder which also received Freeview. My only problem recently has been pixellated reception. Which is a right pain, because analogue gets switched off here in September! Perhaps they may improve the signal then?
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

The only thing with digital tv is you either get a good signal or virtually nothing.

Doesn't bother me either way now, don't watch tv, don't have a licence.

Comment

Thanks Swanny. Didn't know that.

Think I may join you and give up TV altogether .....

Comment

Sky are threatening me with DCAs now on a closed account.

Last payment June 14th 2011, & they were given 30 days notice to end subscription.

This turned up 2day.

img008.jpg

Arsey email to sky to follow.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by swanfan; 7 September 2011, 22:51.

Comment

Go get em mate. Just email I'm-a-twat@newscorp.shyte

That'll land on murdochs desk for you
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Reply from Sky this morning:-

Dear Mr Swanny

Customer Account Number: xxxxxxxxxxxx
                          Thank you for your email enquiring about the letter received regarding teh debt collection.
                          I’m sorry this issue has caused you concern and hope my reply below clarifies the position for you.

We are sorry to have lost a valued customer and would like to thank you for your past custom.
                          I have checked your account and assure you that your account has been completely cancelled and you do not owe any charges to Sky. We have not issued you any letter informing you about the debt agency.
                          As you have informed that you have received the letter I'd request you to please ignore it.

I hope this information has helped with your enquiry. If you require any further assistance, you can respond to my email. You can also contact our Customer Service team on 08442 41 41 41, where one of our advisors will be happy to help.
                          Kind regards
                          Toufique
                          Sky Help Centre

Comment

Uh? No, I think not - I would send a copy of that letter with the original debt chaser one above and demand a "proper" investigation. Then ask for compensation for your undue stress and inconvenience......
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Swanny,

Well done now bill bill them £25 for the distress caused

Comment

Niddy,

Indeed m8 both thinking on the same lines.

Comment

Working...
                                X