GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Digital tv - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Digital tv

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Digital tv

Well developments on sky tv, latest emails above. I thought i was slightly fooked as sky were denying receiving an email from me in June 2011. I had already deleted them but have just spent an hour trying to find & recover the one i need & i found it!!

Only have screen shots of email though not the original.

So wil be drafting another email asking why they are denying this....
    Last edited by swanfan; 16 September 2011, 18:56.

Comment

Originally posted by swanfan View Post
      Who?
      Are you being serious?

Even I know who Chamberlain is
      Made by God...Improved by the Devil
      Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

Originally posted by Angelic View Post
        Are you being serious?

Even I know who Chamberlain is
        Me, serious?

Oh yea, just like i'm not being sarcastic now.

Comment

Me, serious?

Oh yea, just like i'm not being sarcastic now.
          You're being sarcastic?

I never would have guessed...
          Made by God...Improved by the Devil
          Save £2 a day - £1610.00 so far

Comment

And now i've had a letter from Direct Legal & Collections re Sky account requesting payment. Failure to respond may result in legal action.

Comment

So wil be drafting another email asking why they are denying this...
              They probably believe that, as the Little Digger (James Murdoch) seems to have got away with telling fibs about an email, they should do likewise.

Comment

And now i've had a letter from Direct Legal & Collections re Sky account requesting payment. Failure to respond may result in legal action.
                Can you post it up here, so we all can laugh at the Sky onanists?

Comment

DCA1.jpg
                  Attached Files

Comment

The deleted email which i have now retrieved:-
                    ----- Original Message -----
                    To: **************
                    Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 5:45 PM
                    Subject: Post Active Response (KMM8982208I15977L0KM)

Dear Mr swanny

Thank you for contacting Sky Help Centre.

I am happy to deal with your request via e-mail, as you pointed out I do need a few details confirmed for Sky's se ty.
                    Full name of the account holder
                    Full address (where Sky is Installed)
                    4 digit viewing pin number or last 2 digits of payment method set up to pay Sky
                    Once this is confirmed I will be happy to action your request and send you conformation.

Kind regards
                    Andy
                    Sky Help Centre
                    tyle="MARGIN-TOP: 0px; MARGIN-BOTTOM: 0px">http://www.sky.com

Original Message Follows: ------------------------
                    Enquiry Type:
                    • < ancel Sky TV

Description:
                    I hereby give 31 days notice to cancel my subscription to Sky, Account no-200000888673. Please confirm this in writing. Should you wish to quote the data protection act saying you need to confirm my identity, then write to the address held for this account. Yours sincerely ******
                    < T value=MR type=hidden name=Title2>

Information in this email including any attachments may be privileged, confidential and is intended exclusively for the addressee. The views expressed may not be official policy, but the personal views of the originator. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete it from your system. You should not reproduce, distribute, store, retransmit e or disclose its contents to anyone. Please note we reserve the right to monitor all e-mail communication through our internal and external networks. SKY and the SKY marks are trade marks of British Sky Broadcasting Group plc and are used under licence. British Sky Broadcasting Limited (Registration No. 2906991), Sky Interactive Limited (Registration No. 3554332), Sky-In-Home Service Limited (Registration No. 2067075) and Sky Subscribers Services Li d (Registration No. 2340150) are direct or indirect subsidiaries of British Sky Broadcasting Group plc (Registration No. 2247735). All of the co mpanies mentioned in this paragraph are incorporated in England and Wales and share the same registered office at Grant Way, Isleworth, Middlesex TW7 5QD.

Dear sir

Name- ***************

Address- *******************

Last 2 digits- 73

Thank you
                    Last edited by swanfan; 17 September 2011, 16:10.

Comment

DCA1.jpg
                      The letter was dated 15 September 2011 - fully seven days after they sent the email:

Originally posted by some stupid Sky shonk
                      I have checked your account and assure you that your account has been completely cancelled and you do not owe any charges to Sky. We have not issued you any letter informing you about the debt agency...

Kind regards
                      Toutfuqued
                      Sky Help Centre
                      It looks like the slimy Sky shits have two departments involved, with neither wishing to know what the other side is doing.

The way to fix that is to send copies of the correspondence to the Chief Onanist at Sky, jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
                        The letter was dated 15 September 2011 - fully seven days after they sent the email:

It looks like the slimy Sky shits have two departments involved, with neither wishing to know what the other side is doing.

The way to fix that is to send copies of the correspondence to the Chief Onanist at Sky, jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com
                        Have been already, see below.
                        Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                        post to one of the top dogs mate - or email murdoch directly lol...

nah, its this guy you want: jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com

You'll get a reply from this mailbox: CRsupport@bskyb.com - its fine, as obviously he doesn't deal directly with complaints!

Comment

Have been already, see below.
                          Well, do it again, this time cc'd to watchdog@bbc.co.uk

Comment

My latest email to sky:-

Dear sir

As you can find no record of the email i sent please find enclosed a copy of this email. I also enclose a copy of a letter from a debt collection agency received today. I await your reply with interest.

Regards

swanny

And sky's reply:-

Dear Mr swanny

Thank you for your email and the attachments you sent.
                            As I had already advised, we did received the 1st and 2nd part of your email, however we have no trace of the last paragraph being received by us, giving us you full information.
                            That said, any cancellation request will have a 31 day notice period which would have taken the cancel up to 16th July. The billing (outstanding amount) was from 14th July. It is this amount that I cleared - i.e. taking your cancel from the date of the email.
                            I am sorry that you have received the letter from the Debt agency, as they have been advised this amount is no longer requiring collection. I can only assume that the letter has crossed prior to them receiving our notification.
                            Should you receive any further mail from them, please either refer them to this email or ask them to contact myself directly.
                            Thank you again for getting in touch.
                            Kind regards
                            Andy Nimmo
                            Customer Support

Comment

I rang Sky today, as we are on a reduced income of late (won't bore you with the details) and we currently pay £45.00 for our TV services, which I just can't justify spending; so I hoped to be able to reduce this figure.

Within this £45.00 bill we have Sky Multiroom at a tenner a month, and Sky HD at £10.25 per month - it was these two additional services that I thought I would get rid of.

I duly rang Sky going through to the downgrades section and explained my situation and requested that they remove both of the add-on services.

I got through to a Scottish call centre and the lady that I spoke to couldn't have been nicer and asked if I really wanted to rid myself of these services or if I was just looking to reduce my bill.

I agreed that it was a money saving tactic and not that I was dissatisfied in any way so she negotiated her system looking at my account and after a few minutes advised me that I could have:

free Multiroom for 6 months - saving £60 over that period;
                              free HD for 12 months - saving £123 over that period.

She also confirmed that by taking up this free offer, I wouldn't be entering into a new contract, and was free to leave Sky should I need to, or indeed still cancel the services within the free period without penalty.

I am amazed that just one 10 minute phone call has saved me over £180 over the next 12 months!!!

So to all you Sky subscribers, why not make a call and see if you can save yourselves a few quid - even if you don't need to!
                              Last edited by diddlydee; 1 July 2012, 07:01.
                              If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Bloody hell diddles thats a superb deal!

we're long time virgin customers out of contact now so OH's ringing to have a chat with retentions!

both mobiles with them as well...my contract uip today rang last week did pay £20 a month not a great deal but had unlimited internet blackberry etc etc

they've offered me a brand new handset (blackberry) costing around £300 or so to buy on payg doubled all my minutes txt etc etc and its costing me £6 a month!!

Comment

Working...
                                X