GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New neighbours from Hell! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New neighbours from Hell!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New neighbours from Hell!

Hi folks,

Some very skanky new neighbours have moved into the house 2 doors down from me and are starting to upset everyone. Although I have a few ideas re. how to approach the problem, I'm certainly no expert and could do with some impartial advice please.

There are loads of people living in this bungalow (3 beds.). It was bought by a woman who rents it out and this lot have come from a very rough part of the area. There are 4 cars parked up outside the house, a quad bike and a van and some(?) all of these people are at home all day. There are also 2 children living there.

So far, this must be sounding quite snobby... and I normally live and let live.... but the crunch for me came last week when one of my cats was killed around the corner to me. I live in a very quiet cul-de-sac and have lived here for nearly 17 years... but it's not peaceful any more. One of the "residents" of this house wheel spins off the driveway eevry day and races up the cul-de-sac like he hasn't had a shag in years!!..... and around the corner like a raving nutter!!!

Another neighbour knocked this morning and told me me that my cat was killed by this person last week. The brakes were heard being slammed down on the Saturday evening before Easter Sunday and one of the other neighbours came out wondering what the Hell was going on. My cat was found dead in the road. I didn't find out until Easter Sunday as I was out.... and I went to collect her Sunday morning. We then buried her in the garden....

I realise that accidents can happen and animals do sometimes dart into the road but this nutter is dangerous. He is still wheel-spinning off the drive and has learned nothing from this. I watched him whizz up and around the cul-de-sac yesterday afternoon and thought then that he probably killed my cat.

I need to report him for dangerous driving and I also have reasons to believe they are drug dealing in there as well.

Any advice gratefully received.
    Last edited by PriorityOne; 14 April 2012, 11:06.
    Remember the mantra:
    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: New neighbours from Hell!

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
    Hi folks,

Some very skanky new neighbours have moved into the house 2 doors down from me and are starting to upset everyone. Although I have a few ideas re. how to approach the problem, I'm certainly no expert and could do with some impartial advice please.

There are loads of people living in this bungalow (3 beds.). It was bought by a woman who rents it out and this lot have come from a very rough part of the area. There are 4 cars parked up outside the house, a quad bike and a van and some(?) all of these people are at home all day. There are also 2 children living there.

So far, this must be sounding quite snobby... and I normally live and let live.... but the crunch for me came last week when one of my cats was killed around the corner to me. I live in a very quiet cul-de-sac and have lived here for nearly 17 years... but it's not peaceful any more. One of the "residents" of this house wheel spins off the driveway eevry day and races up the cul-de-sac like he hasn't had a shag in years!!..... and around the corner like a raving nutter!!!

Another neighbour knocked this morning and told me me that my cat was killed by this person last week. The brakes were heard being slammed down on the Saturday evening before Easter Sunday and one of the other neighbours came out wondering what the Hell was going on. My cat was found dead in the road. I didn't find out until Easter Sunday as I was out.... and I went to collect her Sunday morning. We then buried her in the garden....

I realise that accidents can happen and animals do sometimes dart into the road but this nutter is dangerous. He is still wheel-spinning off the drive and has learned nothing from this. I watched him whizz up and around the cul-de-sac yesterday afternoon and thought then that he probably killed my cat.

I need to report him for dangerous driving and I also have reasons to believe they are drug dealing in there as well.

Any advice gratefully received.
    Hi Priority One,
    How very sad about the cat, the advice I would give would not be acceptable in this politically correct society so really sorry for you.

Comment

Originally posted by helmsman View Post
      Hi Priority One,
      How very sad about the cat, the advice I would give would not be acceptable in this politically correct society so really sorry for you.
      I'm not very pc Helmsman.... so have had similar thoughts.

A trip to the local police station will be a start though; reporting him for dangerous driving. I got the number plate this morning. I doubt all those vehicles on the drive are legit anyway; quad bikes need to be taxed and insured like everything else...

Still gutted about my cat. I rescued her 3 years ago. She was pregnant at the time I rescued her and spent most of her time indoors, even after 3 years....

The bloke's a fecking maniac!
      Last edited by PriorityOne; 14 April 2012, 18:03. Reason: typo...
      Remember the mantra:

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

i'm so sorry to hear about your cat that's awful and so upsetting for you xxx

i'm not quite sure what to suggest about the neighbours...i'll have a think about it xx

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
          If you think they are dealing drugs you could report them anonymously to crimestoppers ---> Fight crime - Support the charity Crimestoppers - Most Wanted criminals - Call anonymously - Fraud | Crimestoppers UK
          Already done it FP..... although I haven't mentioned drugs, as there is no proof for now. The dangerous driving though is a different matter!! All of the neighbours are outraged by it.

This used to be such a calm and peaceful neighbourhood.... but the feral underclass are spreading out now. Jeez.... I spend the best part of my working day dealing with the kids that these kind of people keep popping out to stay on Benefits. No apology for offending anyone.... it's how it is.
          Remember the mantra:

Comment

I would also contact your Council and report every incident the council will have to take action this could lead to an abatement notice and after so many the council can take legal action if they do not comply.

Have you had a chat with other neighbours and planned a course of action you can take jointly, for instance if all neighbours complain to council that would make your case stronger.

This link may help:

Noise and Nuisance - Frequently Asked Questions
            Last edited by pompeyfaith; 14 April 2012, 20:52.

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
              I would also contact your Council and report every incident the council will have to take action this could lead to an abatement notice and after so many the council can take legal action if they do not comply.

Have you had a chat with other neighbours and planned a course of action you can take jointly, for instance if all neighbours complain to council that would make your case stronger.

This link may help:

Noise and Nuisance - Frequently Asked Questions
              Thanks Pompey.... all the neighbours want to do something but nothing's been organised (as yet).

I need to get some more info. on them if possible. I'm pretty sure none of them work..... yet they have all these vehicles on the drive. That in itself is not a crime but it does make you wonder how such feral people are affording them all.

Yesterday, my daughter and I were clearing the garage out and a van pulled up with 2 young blokes inside. They parked up on the driveway of the house and just sat in there, chewing gum and watching us. I'm not intimidated by them in the slightest but did wonder what they were up to. Waiting for someone to come back presumably.... they've been there before and are friends/contacts/drug pushers (lol) with the people renting the place..... but it's made us all double wary about locking up, etc. in case they're opportunist thieves as well.... or is my mind just doing over time here?

Bloody glad they're not next door to me.... that's for sure!
              Remember the mantra:

Comment

The other thing to consider, P1, if you or a neighbour have one, is setting up a video camera to record unsociable behaviour. It would need to be VERY discreet so that they can't see it. It would provide evidence if they ever commit either unsociable behaviour or a crime!

I do feel for you, and I'm so sorry to hear about your cat....
                If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Dont think I can put my ideas down ....... would probably put me at their level a little

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
                    The other thing to consider, P1, if you or a neighbour have one, is setting up a video camera to record unsociable behaviour. It would need to be VERY discreet so that they can't see it. It would provide evidence if they ever commit either unsociable behaviour or a crime!

I do feel for you, and I'm so sorry to hear about your cat....
                    annnnnnnnd highly illegal you can not point ANY CCTV or recording devices at your neighbours yard or house it infringes on their privacy

you can hwever call the noise complaints line at your council.

Comment

But you wouldn't have to point it at their house in particular, Jen. Many a CCTV camera has been used in evidence; just have one set up which happens to cover THAT part of the road .....
                      If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

CCTV, Privacy and The Law - Problem Neighbours

Comment

Time to get some ASBOs handed out! Report this conduct to your local Neighbourhood Policing Team. They will probably ask you to log the behaviour so start a diary. Let them take it from there.

If you're feeling like revenge (and I would be if it had been my beloved pussy cat) then call the local Housing Benefit office (anonymously if you like) and tell them that you think there may be some irrgularities with benefit claims on the property because it sounds a bit 'over-peopled' from what you say. The council are usually trigger happy to step in at times like this. Your mission is to get these folk to move on. If their benefits are stopped then they'll go.

I would also check out the owner of the property on Land Registry and make a complaint (anonymous if you like) to them about the tenants' behaviour. I also wonder whether the owner has told HMRC that he/she rents out the poperty for tax purposes

I'm so sorry about the death of your cat because you rescued her, but get some comfort knowing that you gave her a wonderful life however short which she would not have had if it hadn't been for your compassion. There's another cat waiting for you to rescue it right now
                          Last edited by PlanB; 14 April 2012, 22:05.

Comment

I'm not sure my neighbours would go with the CCTV thing.... and it couldn't be on my house as I'm not facing them....

The Crimestoppers report is a start.... but I'll be keeping my eyes and ears open to anything else that goes on in case I need to make another one. The neighbour opposite them is the nosey parker of the neighbourhood, so this should all keep her busy for a while. She will know exactly what's going on.... and the times, dates, etc.... lol.

I can't say that noise is an issue for me.... it's the driving .... and the unsavoury looking visitors that they have . I haven't personally caught any kids running across my front garden and as mine is concrete anyway, it's not a worry..... but they are a scruffy, gobby lot and don't fit in.

I'll give it a while and then dob them in for DWP fraud (an assumption) and HB fraud (another assumption). They might just get so pissed off that they move anyway... unless the police tow all their cars away in the meantime.... lol
                            Remember the mantra:

Comment

Thanks PlanB.... posted my comment before reading your post.....I will do those things.

Still sad about my cat at times.... poor love. I did keep one of her kittens though. She had a big litter at the time (7) and after re-homing so many, I just couldn't do it anymore and kept the last one. He was the runt of the litter and my daughter helped to deliver him because Mum cat was so tired.

Yes, she did have a lovely llife with us and I do draw some comfort from that..... :-)
                              Last edited by PriorityOne; 14 April 2012, 22:19.
                              Remember the mantra:

Comment

Working...
                              X