GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script New neighbours from Hell! - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New neighbours from Hell!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New neighbours from Hell!

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
    The world's gone bloody mad.... the past 30 years has seen a boom in the underclass; all paid for by our clever Government(s). In my area, we now have 1500+ new houses being built for the London overspill....
    That's similar to a popular rant of mine!

Basically I am a council boy through and through - so what, that's my upbringing BUT I have never claimed dole or stolen, hurt or done anything I'd consider 'too bad'. Yea I have been a lad etc but that's it - however, a few years ago we moved into what was known as an exclusive development, posh word for a posh estate! Anyhow, we were never told at any point throughout the buying process that the government had created a charter called affordable housing which meant that each new development had to have a percentage of homes available for those on lower income/dole/housing association etc.. So we move in and everything's fine until we see the flat things at the top of the street advertised as affordable housing.

Now, I am far from posh - and my feet are firmly on the ground BUT what really gets my fucking goat with this is why. Why the hell should someone work for 20 years and save thousands to be able to live in modest comfort yet someone that's never lifted a finger and instead lived off MY taxes get to share the street, just because human rights say they have a right to? Sorry it's utter bollocks.

I am a firm believer of if you can't afford something then you do without, in so much as does that mean cos my neighbours all drive £60k cars that I have a god given right to get one as well, at the rate I can 'afford', so what - lets say £4k (in comparison to the house price for them v us)....

Anyway, just saying.....
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Firstly P1 I so sorry about the your cat ((

These lot sound awful and I hope you can get something sorted out. Do you know the LL of the property?

Nid - hmm the whole affordable/social housing in new builds - don't I know all about that - all around this area new developements are going up - but you have to explain to people x% will be private x% will be key worker/affordable housing and x% will be social (council or housing association). Once place we recently sold some flats in - had a beautiful entrance hall/concierge etc for the private flats and the social housing people has their door round the back - the lift access from the front would only stop at the "private floors"

There is one huge new place on the river in the old Wharfs and all the social housing was completed first - and now it is really putting people off buying in that area as you could be buying a victorian house next to a council estate.

Please believe me not all council tennants are bad - but our first house was this lovely little ex local masionette - 2 bed and really god size - with a garden - when we moved in our next door neighbours each side were elderly couples - and about half the block owned and most had been there since they were built - sadly over the first couple of years we were there our neighbours passed away or moved out and OMG the council just put rubbish tennants in there - i was calling the police or the council on a constant basis - and I when i got through to someone at the council and i said why do you insist on putting these types of people in such a nice block and there reasoning is - if we put them in with respectable people we hope they will also basically behave themselves....! We then had drug dealing on the stairwell so enough was enought and we sold - to an investor who was buy to let... so god knows what it is like there now.

My friend recently had scummy nightmare tennants in her home - and you would not believe the rights they had as tennants - not paying her rent - but claiming housing benefit - and it is so hard to get them evicted.

I really hope if all your neighbours band together you can get something sorted.

x

Comment

I wanna know where all these "bad neighbour" types came from - I'm sure they didn't exist when I was a kid (I lived on a council estate and I'm told that it is now, also, a horrible place to live).
        If happy little bluebirds fly, beyond the rainbow, why, oh why can't I?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by diddlydee View Post
          I wanna know where all these "bad neighbour" types came from - I'm sure they didn't exist when I was a kid (I lived on a council estate and I'm told that it is now, also, a horrible place to live).

I know it's mad eh!

Comment

It's the middle-class do-gooders who have perpetuated this type of individual unfortunately.... and it still goes on.

Sh*tloads of kids now have a multitude of social disorders which in many cases, allows some parent to absolve themselves of all responsibility because they have been "diagnosed" with it/them. A friend who I work with gives her prescribed medication for ADHD and ODD. When I got to know her better, i pointed out to her that these were not medical disorders. She insisted that they were.... but when the penny finally dropped, she took him off his medication and found that he was no different. Being on it just made him more teachable at school. I asked when his behaviour started and she said it was after his Dad left.

Anyone heard of ODD? Oppositional Defiant Disorder.... for Christ's sake!! In other words, not liking being told what to do.... "Disorders" like these have boomed over the past 25 years or so because do-gooders without a clue about real life decided that youngsters like this were under-privileged.... It also has a lot to do with parents being able to get Disability Living Allowance (like my friend does) if their behaviour is considered as needing attention from another person (care) for a considerable time, several times a day.

Now we have generations of people like this.... the "I want" type of person, who doesn't want to work, has no socal skills, can behave how they like, get financially rewarded for it..... and at the same time, has bought into the celebrity culture that's rammed down everyone's neck on a daily basis.

Welcome to British society; aka the Jeremy Kyle culture..... and governments think that spreading them around the country will solve the problem? Not in their back yard I bet.

I should write a book!
            Last edited by PriorityOne; 15 April 2012, 17:12. Reason: typo
            Remember the mantra:
            NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
            Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
            Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

ODD , ADHD .... there is a cure, same cure for both and works in the majority of cases.

Its called a "fu**ing good hiding"
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                Basically I am a council boy through and through - so what, that's my upbringing BUT I have never claimed dole or stolen, hurt or done anything I'd consider 'too bad'.
                I'm sorry Niddy, but as someone who is currently claiming the dole (I'm trying my damnedest to get a job), I really object to your inference here.

I also blame the parents for not setting boundaries or leading by example.

For a while, after I got divorced, I was a single mother on Income Support bringing up 4 children. None has ever been in trouble, all 4 are working full time, 2 have degrees (even if one of those with a degree is working at a minimum wage job), the two daughters with children were in their late 20s and married when they had them.
                Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                  ODD , ADHD .... there is a cure, same cure for both and works in the majority of cases.

Its called a "fu**ing good hiding"
                  spot on Oscar

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie View Post
                    I'm sorry Niddy, but as someone who is currently claiming the dole (I'm trying my damnedest to get a job), I really object to your inference here.
                    I dont think there was an inference as such Pixie. You and I are in very similar circumstances - no matter what and when we apply for, we dont seem to be having any luck.

There are others who just cant be bothered, and know how to work the system to get the maximum benefit, not just money, but housing etc as well

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                      I dont think there was an inference as such Pixie. You and I are in very similar circumstances - no matter what and when we apply for, we dont seem to be having any luck.

There are others who just cant be bothered, and know how to work the system to get the maximum benefit, not just money, but housing etc as well
                      I agree that there are those who have no interest in getting a job and seem to have enough money to smoke like a chimney and spend all day in the pub.

I think I'm just a teeny bit touchy today - snapped at my neighbour earlier
                      Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Anyone heard of ODD? Oppositional Defiant Disorder.... for Christ's sake!! In other words, not liking being told what to do.... "Disorders" like these have boomed over the past 25 years or so because do-gooders without a clue about real life decided that youngsters like this were under-privileged.... It also has a lot to do with parents being able to get Disability Living Allowance (like my friend does) if their behaviour is considered as needing attention from another person (care) for a considerable time, several times a day.

I should write a book!
                        ^^^^ ODD. I think I may have got that Every time Niddy gives me a telling off I crumple

Put me down for a first edition of your book - it going to be a brilliant read
                        Last edited by PlanB; 15 April 2012, 16:39. Reason: typo

Comment

It's the middle-class do-gooders who have perpetuated this type of individual unfortunately.... and it still goes on.

Sh*tloads of kids now have a multitude of social disorders which in many cases, allows some parent to absolve themselves of all responsibility because they have been "diagnosed" with it/them. A friend who I work with gives her prescribed medication for ADHD and ODD. When I got to know her better, i pointed out to her that these were not medical disorders. She insisted that they were.... but when the penny finally dropped, she took him off his medication and found that he was no different. Being on it just made him more teachable at school. I asked when his behaviour started and she said it was after his Dad left.

Now we have generations of people like this.... the "I want" type of person, who doesn't want to work, has no socal skills, can behave how they like, get financially rewarded for it..... and at the same time, has bought into the celebrity culture that's rammed down everyone's neck on a daily basis.

Welcome to British society; aka the Jeremy Kyle culture..... and governements think that spreading them around the country will solve the problem? Not in their back yard I bet.

I should write a book!
                          Personally i also believe some of the behaviour problems come from the junk some people eat! When we were kids one of my brothers couldn't eat anything with additives in because he would then literally swing from the light fittings, it was scary to watch. He couldn't have anything with additives in, we even had special bread from the bakery. If he had been a child 20 years later i have no doubt in my mind he would have been diagnosed with ADHD.

I can't eat stuff with certain additives in because some ingredients give me migraines so i'm always checking food labels and it's shocking some of the lists of ingredients in what you would think is an additive free thing.

It's a massive shame so much food on the shelves is stuffed with nasty UNNECESSARY additives and i really do believe it affects children's behaviour
                          Last edited by confused76; 15 April 2012, 16:44.

Comment

The link between additives in food and behaviour patterns is well documented. Tartrazine, which is otherwise known as E102, is banned in the US. It's most commonly used as a yellow food dye in the UK. I ate a bag (well a whole sackful to be truthful) of Cadburys Mini Eggs over Easter and came out in a rash. I checked the ingredients online and there was the lethal E102
                            Last edited by PlanB; 15 April 2012, 16:54.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                              The link between additives in food and behaviour patterns is well documented. Tartrazine, which is otherwise known as E102, is banned in the US. It's most commonly used as a yellow food dye in the UK. I ate a bag (well a whole sackful to be truthful) of Cadburys Mini Eggs over Easter and came out in a rash. I checked the ingredients online and there was the lethal E102
                              evil stuff

MSG is banned in other countries (US i think?) but it's loaded into some of our food, evil evil stuff. Lazy cooking as well, shouldn't need flavour enhancers in the first place

oops sorry.....get off the soap box

Comment

At least when you go into a Chinese restaurant in the US you can ask for your dish to be MSG free. You can't do that here and Chinese take-aways are the number one culprit for that poison

That's one of the reasons wny I'm such a big fan of Jamie Oliver and his school dinners campaign because he proved that some foods cause kids to be more disruptive in class.

Hope there's room for me too on your soapbox Confused76
                                Last edited by PlanB; 15 April 2012, 17:06.

Comment

Working...
                                X