GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Cycle to work scheme - for against? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cycle to work scheme - for against?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cycle to work scheme - for against?

Just having a chat with some colleagues; some for, some against the scheme.

I've had a read through the guide and the way i see it is a 0% loan on a bike and accessories with no guarantee if its yours at the end because its owned by your employer.
    I understand that most people end up making a token payment at the end of the 12 months and most people end up saving about 10% on the total purchase price although they won't give any decisions prior/during the agreement.

Anyone on here make use of the scheme? I was thinking about getting the Mrs a bike for Christmas

Thanks
    SA
    When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Cycle to work scheme - for against?

No good to me..... I walk to work.......
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Deepie View Post
      No good to me..... I walk to work.......
      No good to me either - i drive in! I may use it for the Mrs Christmas present
      When Gold isn't enough, there is SA Gold! New to the forum and find the UE route a bit scary? Take a look at my diary here and judge for yourself. I am now saving the money each month that was making little difference to the balance and not a bit of difference to my credit file as a result of finding AAD.

Comment

Originally posted by SA Gold View Post
        No good to me either - i drive in! I may use it for the Mrs Christmas present

Poor Mrs SA Gold!!
        "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
          Poor Mrs SA Gold!!

Comment

It wouldn't be any good for me either when I'm working...far too much stuff to take to fit on a bike.
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Think we have all decided against this scheme. Rather get it on a 0% card and actually own then bike outright

Thanks for posting!

SA

Comment

Do you have access to a 0% card mate?
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  Do you have access to a 0% card mate?
                  No mate. I've got a Flybe which i used to transfer my Tesco Mastercard balance at 0% although that doesn't include purchases. I am going to follow your advice and apply for another 0% transfer card with my own bank in new year (Lloyds) when i hopefully achieve 3 years clear of adverse. I wonder if the Lloyds/TSB dis-association has made any difference to their lending practices

If successful, i could close the Flybe and open another Creation based on for 0% purchases if need be although all this would be after Christmas :

Thanks,

SA

Comment

You can have upto 7 creation cards at any one time, all they ask is that you wait around 3-6 months before reapplying (but if successful then you can reapply every month if you wanted)... Why not get another 0% one - like the world card

my mate on mse now has 6 (all creation) all applied for in the last 2 years. Idiot will be screwed before too long
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

You can have upto 7 creation cards at any one time, all they ask is that you wait around 3-6 months before reapplying (but if successful then you can reapply every month if you wanted)... Why not get another 0% one - like the world card
                      Is it worth trying now mate (not sure if things have changed since i was blown out here, where you suggested waiting six months before reapplying)?

my mate on mse now has 6 (all creation) all applied for in the last 2 years. Idiot will be screwed before too long
                      At least he knows where to come if that does happen mate!

Comment

Isnt Flybe MBNA? Dirty, Dirty word/acronym

Comment

No mate flybe is creation cards / Sygma bank

Comment

You've waited 3 - I'd try again mate. Another search won't hurt you

Comment

You've waited 3 - I'd try again mate. Another search won't hurt you
                              Just got bombed out mate:

Click image for larger version

Name:	creation_decline_02_12_13.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	1398634

Comment

Working...
                              X