GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bank of America Chester. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bank of America Chester.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank of America Chester.

Has anyone seen the Yahoo! news this evening? It would appear that the future of the BoA operation in Chester (European credit card HQ) is in doubt with a possibility of 3500 job losses. They are pulling out of the UK credit card market due to huge losses. They are saying they bought the business in 2006 from MBNA.

Serves them right fo buying lemons!

Carrick on Shannon on notice as well.

regards
    Garlok

Re: Bank of America Chester.

F**king brilliant excuse the French but this is one company that deserves hell.
    Last edited by Angelic; 16 August 2011, 19:50. Reason: caused offence

Comment

i tried to come to an agreement with them but they were having none of it. i doubt my debt was the tipping balance though

Comment

5corpio added thus yesterday in news and on blog mate.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I might venture to suggest that Paul's resounding success in the Harrison case has put them on the back foot and made 'em sit up and take note though. Particularly that we are no longer as consumers taking all their carp lying down.

Obviously theu don't like having to obey the law of this land.

I bet bloody Barclays greedy as ever will be circling the deathbed of a rival to see what they can pick off the bones.

regards
          Garlok
          Last edited by Angelic; 16 August 2011, 19:50. Reason: caused offence

Comment

Must have missed it on 5corpio's blog and news. I normally take a look first thing
            Mrs G spotted it on Yahoo as it came up not long ago. Its quite pertinent round here because we are fighting the Local Development Plan here partially on the basis of no jobs or employment with wages high enough to buy the houses. They are saying that over half the job losses will be people in North Wales.

regards
            Garlok

Comment

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...isk-uk-ireland

Comment

Well if whoever buys it thinks they can increase my £20 a mth they can swing as there are no terms to increase in the judgement.

Comment

Sorry it was posted in a moderator section. Not publicly.
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

They are Feckers - Good ridance.
                    As Garlok says - they cant cope with having to comply with the laws of OUR land.
                    Amex next?
                    Last edited by MattyA; 16 August 2011, 19:28.

Comment

Any implications of this at individual debtor level?

Comment

Yea. They can't keep records as it is. Imagine after migration

Comment

It'll be interesting to see if it impacts how they deal with complaints and settlement offers etc.

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                            Has anyone seen the Yahoo! news this evening? It would appear that the future of the BoA operation in Chester (European credit card HQ) is in doubt with a possibility of 3500 job losses. They are pulling out of the UK credit card market due to huge losses. They are saying they bought the business in 2006 from MBNA.

Serves them right fo buying lemons!

Carrick on Shannon on notice as well.

regards
                            Garlok
                            Not just UK and Ireland, there is Spain as well. Number of losses will be more than 3500 as there are temporary stuff not taken into account with that number. They also have offices in London.

I doubt very much that Harrison has caused this. MBNA was seriously in trouble before BoA came in. Most "intelligent" people within MBNA (there are a few) could see this coming when BoA took over - which was actually 2005 (especially as they sold the buildings and then rented them back!!)

Most of the problems stem from the aquisition of Countrywide Financial in the US and the fact that AIG are suing them for $10bn. They are just trying to balance the books and get some liquidity.

I can see Garlok mentions most job losses will be in North Wales, but I dispute this. There are loads from various locations in Cheshire and Shropshire. Some even travel from Manchester!!

However, one part that is correct is with respect to the laws of the land. I have heard of payment plans being refused because they wont be completed in 10 years, which they need to be under American law, and they are an American company. (apparently so anyway!!)
                            Last edited by oscar; 16 August 2011, 23:01.
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

However, one part that is correct is with respect to the laws of the land. I have heard of payment plans being refused because they wont be completed in 10 years, which they need to be under American law, and they are an American company.
                              Oscar,

They are an American company trading in the UK and any business undertaken in this country has to conform to all UK law.

I have a Judgement in favour of MBNA for a very small amount and it will never be cleared as ill be in my grave.

Comment

Working...
                              X