GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bank of America Chester. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bank of America Chester.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bank of America Chester.

Originally posted by oscar View Post
    And I WAS one of the good people!
    I know that mate and would vouch for you time and time again, however the problem lies in the fact you were a minority BUT and here is the crux, your hands were still tied - no matter that it was "wrong" - you still had to follow process. So no matter how good you were, as a result of management and process, you were classed as a dirty banker like the rest of them!

Although to be fair, I wouldn't call you dirty
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post
      I eagerly look forward to those turds at RBS and Triton <spit> getting their own comeuppance.
      Sweet revenge
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

When a pregnant lady told MBNA she couldn't pay because she had just lost her job, the agent replied "can you really afford to have this baby?". So I'm not sorry for their loss.

MBNA loved me to death when I had money, and then dumped me when I didn't. Since then they've treated me shamefully. I have an ex-husband like that - I don't need two bloodsuckers in my life.

Comment

Unfortunately a hell of a lot of this stems from the upper management training in the USA at Harvard Business School in particular. NOTHING matters as much as the quick buck. They instil this into their various staffs right from the outset. During my time in the high tech industries I did a fair amount of contract work for IBM when thet still made hardware. The brainwashing was constant and over bearing even for the contract staff. Staffers there were all expected to wear the same blue suit, show 1.5" of pale blue cuff at the end of suit sleeve etc, double cuffs with cufflinks I could go on. But we all had to every so often go to the video about intellectual property rights, important and very useful to anyone involved in engineering design in any field. However the words "I--- B--- M" occurred every 8 seconds thoughout a 15 minute video. I know other American companies that operate the same way not least is HP, why would an American bank behave any differently.

Whne IBM pulled the plug in Hampshire there was much gnashing of teeth and wailing in the wilderness and many beleieved that their lives had come to an end they were so indoctrinated with IBM.

regards
          Garlok

Comment

Too Big to Fail: Is Bank Of America on Death Watch?

Bank of America is beginning a series of “non-core asset” sales in an effort to improve its balance sheet, but hedge fund managers and the broader market continue to be pessimistic – is BAC on death watch?

Year-to-date, BAC has lost over 40% of its value in the stock market. According to Naked Capitalism, the bank is “is in the weird position of having potentially a long term solvency problem without immediate liquidity pressures.”

The blog claims that after the crisis and regulatory forbearance, “BofA didn’t take aggressive enough action, either on boosting its equity or shrinking its balance sheet, when times were better.”
            Last week, CEO Brian Moynihan said the bank did not need additional new capital and rejected the idea of selling new equity because it would be highly dilutive a.......---> Read more HERE
            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              Although to be fair, I wouldn't call you dirty
              But you would call his former colleagues a wunch of bankers?

Comment

I eagerly look forward to those turds at RBS and Triton <spit> getting their own comeuppance.
                I wish to apologise to all turds out there who may have read the above comment.

It was not meant to impugn you in any way, nor was it intended to suggest that you had ever worked for any part of the RBS group of companies.

I fully accept that some turds are decent, fair and law abiding, and I sincerely regret any confusion that may have arisen.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
                  When a pregnant lady told MBNA she couldn't pay because she had just lost her job, the agent replied "can you really afford to have this baby?". So I'm not sorry for their loss.
                  What did the "agent" suggest she should do - make it into soup?

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                    Unfortunately a hell of a lot of this stems from the upper management training in the USA at Harvard Business School in particular. NOTHING matters as much as the quick buck. They instil this into their various staffs right from the outset. During my time in the high tech industries I did a fair amount of contract work for IBM when thet still made hardware. The brainwashing was constant and over bearing even for the contract staff. Staffers there were all expected to wear the same blue suit, show 1.5" of pale blue cuff at the end of suit sleeve etc, double cuffs with cufflinks I could go on. But we all had to every so often go to the video about intellectual property rights, important and very useful to anyone involved in engineering design in any field. However the words "I--- B--- M" occurred every 8 seconds thoughout a 15 minute video. I know other American companies that operate the same way not least is HP, why would an American bank behave any differently.
                    Did you also start each day with the Company Song?

Comment

It is not easy to understand how they might have reached that conclusion, as it is a criminal offence in Ireland to seek payment of unenforceable or statute-barred debts.

Section 49 of the Consumer Credit Act, 1995 forbids any attempt to pursue an unenforcible agreement.
                      Originally Posted by Angry Cat
                      MBNA, thought that the streets of London and Dublin were paved with Gold, due to the lack of Regulation.
                      Now they will have to take their medicine!
                      Assigning debt via RoI, whilst claiming tax relief in the UK did raise a few eyebrows in certain quarters

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                        Not all of them. There are a few (admittedly not many) good people there.
                        Well, I have never come across any of these purported MBNA 'good people'!

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                          Well, I have never come across any of these purported MBNA 'good people'!
                          They're probably off sick most of the time.

Comment

To reiterate, I have no pity for any of the MBNA staff.
                            They enjoyed the benefits whilst the going was good and it was so good for a long time.
                            These people did not turn from the league tables or prizes for collecting the most amount of money or, who obtained the highest amount of direct debts.
                            Not forgetting the commission on PPI sales, of course.

The banking industry is commission driven, they knew full well what they were doing.

You can bet your bottom USA$ Dollar that many have special rate loans and credit card borrowings that will have to be paid. If, not same will be charged off in due course and sold off to the favourite debt buying firm of BofA.

I wonder how they will like it when the tables are turned?

Comment

Wise words. Dish, cold comes to mind

Comment

Originally posted by Angry Cat View Post
                                You can bet your bottom USA$ Dollar that many have special rate loans and credit card borrowings that will have to be paid. If, not same will be charged off in due course and sold off to the favourite debt buying firm of BofA.
                                Loans, no - they exited the loans market a number of years ago - 4 years or so ago. So most will have already been paid off (seem to remember longest term was 60 months.

Credit cards. BoA had two or three preferential rates, dependent on loyalty schemes etc. IIRC their basic card was at 4.9% - so as they will no longer be a comapny employee, thats will shoot up - to around 15.9%.
                                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Working...
                                X