GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Bank of America Chester. - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bank of America Chester.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bank of America Chester.

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    Oscar,

They are an American company trading in the UK and any business undertaken in this country has to conform to all UK law.

I have a Judgement in favour of MBNA for a very small amount and it will never be cleared as ill be in my grave.
    Oh I am more than well aware of that PF - they have to comply with FSA etc. But this is just some of the stuff they spout. Some staff even believe it as being correct.

EDIT - Sorry, just re-read my post .... I forgot a little bit of the end lol
    Last edited by oscar; 16 August 2011, 23:02.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

And the offer of a loan to spread payments lol and the blank cheques they kept sending knowing that you where already in debt enough

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
        They are pulling out of the UK credit card market due to huge losses. They are saying they bought the business in 2006 from MBNA.

Serves them right fo buying lemons! regards Garlok
        I'm one of those lemons. Actually I'm three of those lemons! That'll teach 'em

Comment

The original news bulletins here in Wales actually stated more than half were domiciled in North Wales. That is probably correct due to the cheaper housing and the levels of commuting to that particular estate in Chester which is remarkably close to RBS and a Barclaycard operation.

The flags were not yet flying at half mast today.

regards
          Garlok

Comment

BBC News Wales 16 August 2011 Last updated at 19:09
            Jobs worry as Bank of America plans Chester 'exit'

The business at Chester is 'successful and profitable,' says the company
            Continue reading the main story Related Stories

An MP says he is concerned about the future of thousands of jobs after Bank of America decided to withdraw from the UK credit card market.
            The company said it was "seeking to bring certainty" for the 3,500 staff at its European credit card HQ in Chester.
            Alyn and Deeside MP Mark Tami said the news came "out of the blue" and there was no buyer at the moment.
            Cheshire West and Chester Council leaders said they would do all they could to maintain current job levels.
            Mr Tami said he believed up to half the workforce lived in north Wales, over the border.
            Neighbouring Welsh councils are also worried about potential job losses and say they will work to help employeesles

updated 19.09 yesterday 16.08.11.

Comment

local version: ---> Future of Chesters MBNA HQ in doubt following global announcement - Chester Chronicle
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Its always amazed me that these companies pleading poverty over something can claim that one particular element is a good spec to sell off and they can afford to sponsor god knows what. Should one of their prioities be the welfare of their employees. There are locla rumours already flying as to families in the USA getting in touch to find out how their relatives who have moved here are faring in the face of this.

Like the bit about Glyndwr (Glinndoooorr "as who and roll the R's") University, Niddy, they have just bought Wrexham FC's ground (the Racecourse) and the supporters have chipped in for the bond to let them play the coming season. How many time must this go bust before someone gets the message.

Perhaps ALL football clubs should be made their taxes on time like the rest of us!!!

regards
                Garlok

Comment

I know people who have worked there (outside maintenance contractors) - it is a fabulously ostantatious place,with some incredibly pompous/ bombastic staff - no doubt lovely surrendings to work in ,but also evidence of the spoils from their ill gotten gains.

No wonder they have been 'generous' supporters of the local community - they have been RIPPING OFF customers in the UK to some tune for many years!

Please remeber that this lot are FECKERS and will get no sympathy from me.

Matty
                  Last edited by MattyA; 17 August 2011, 23:11.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyA View Post
                    Please remeber that this lot are FECKERS
                    Is that better or worse than being feckless?

Comment

I just been reading some into this - partly as I still have friends that work there.

Apparently, it is undecided whether the business will be sold, or wound down.

I cant see any organisation wanting to buy that many accounts that have the potential to be written off - Harrison for example, and lets face it, we know for a fact there are a vast amount of acounts that would fail under CCA.

So assuming the latter happens and BoA just "let it go" - what happens to all the card debts? I know they cant force us all into paying instantly, but surely if there is no one to pay, it becomes something of a catch 22
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Oscar,

Very good question m8 and one that we are all burning for an answer too inc me

Regards

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                          Apparently, it is undecided whether the business will be sold, or wound down.
                          Mate it will not be wound down, there are leaks from the US (do a google search) which suggest that they're selling cheap - someone will buy them, a profitable card business will never be "wound down" - that will never be allowed to happen.

I suspect HBOS or Barclays will get it, more than likely Barclays as they don't need to explain the purchase to the taxman! However, rumour from US suggests that it could be sold to HSBC - who knows.....

Lots of rumours, but no way will MBNA Europe be liquidated. They'll keep it in the pipeline until they find a buyer, so expect nothing to change for at least a year what with due diligence and other regulatory checks/processes.

I bet it'll get sold fo0r a fraction, as a whole book sale so the buyer also gets all the PPi reclaims and mis-sales to deal with, oh plus the UE accounts

Its all good, that's the main thing - right?
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by oscar View Post
                            I cant see any organisation wanting to buy that many accounts that have the potential to be written off
                            Not even MacKenzie Hall?

Comment

Brian Moynihan unravels another Kenneth Lewis deal as BofA sells card unit - The Washington Post

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                                Mate it will not be wound down, there are leaks from the US (do a google search) which suggest that they're selling cheap - someone will buy them, a profitable card business will never be "wound down" - that will never be allowed to happen.

I suspect HBOS or Barclays will get it, more than likely Barclays as they don't need to explain the purchase to the taxman! However, rumour from US suggests that it could be sold to HSBC - who knows.....

Lots of rumours, but no way will MBNA Europe be liquidated. They'll keep it in the pipeline until they find a buyer, so expect nothing to change for at least a year what with due diligence and other regulatory checks/processes.

I bet it'll get sold fo0r a fraction, as a whole book sale so the buyer also gets all the PPi reclaims and mis-sales to deal with, oh plus the UE accounts

Its all good, that's the main thing - right?
                                Santander or Barclays?

Comment

Working...
                                X