GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script GM Card PPI - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GM Card PPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GM Card PPI

Hi, I’ve got an old GM card that I’ve been paying (pretty much the minimum) forever. It had PPI until a few months ago when I cancelled it, I’m now looking at claiming some of that back. I just wanted to have a quick ask and find out if the process I’m following is correct:

1. I sent a credit agreement requrest to GM card, and asked them to respond in 12 days.

2. No response, so I repeated the letter and sent it recorded delivery
    3. I’m not expecting a response, so I’ve drafted a letter:
    a. Pointing out that they haven’t satisfied their legal obligation to provide me with the CA
    b. including a cheque for £10 asking for full information under the FOI act.
    c. asking them to investigate my complaint about mis-sold PPI.

I expect them to either ignore, or reply to my letter saying “no.” – I then intend to pass all communications on to the financial ombudsman.

So I’m wondering, is this the right way to go about things? I’m sending letters to customer services of GM card – is this the right people – or do I need to go to the data controller of the underwriting bank?

Can I ask them to consider the account in dispute and freeze interest (even though I’m not actually disputing the debt on the card)?

Is there anything I’ve missed?

Re: GM Card PPI

b. including a cheque for £10 asking for full information under the FOI act.
    That should have been a subject assess request (SAR) under the DPA act ( data protection).

They will probably write back asking what you mean so just write back stating that the request was a SAR.

Regards

Comment

As they would off added interest to the PPI the balance will be wrong anyway.

I put mine in dispute once it was referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service.

Comment

You should have sent this; ---> CCA Request

If they failed to respond then you follow up with ---> CCA Reminder
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
          That should have been a subject assess request (SAR) under the DPA act ( data protection).

They will probably write back asking what you mean so just write back stating that the request was a SAR.

Regards
          I’ve only drafted the SAR request, so that’s easy enough to change. I’m still at the early stage of chasing up my very first CCA request. I’ve just re-sent the original letter recorded delivery – so if they don’t get back to me (I don’t expect them to), I’ll follow up with the reminder and include the SAR request.
          I gather I’m going to need the info from the SAR request to calculate an amount anyway, as I only have a few of my statements.

The OP is still mostly a plan of action rather than sequence of events .

Thanks for your replies, I’ll hold off entering the account into dispute until (*if*) it reaches the Financial Ombudsman, and I’ll let you know how things progress.

Comment

The thing I should have said, is that I expect the amount paid to PPI over the years to (far) exceed the amount outstanding, so I don't really want to end up in a stand-off where I can write off the current amount but not pursue the PPI claim.

Comment

As this is an old account the more info you can get from the start of your claim the easier it will be for you to work what is owed you will need the card interest rates for a start which is not likely to be one interest rate throughout the life of the account.

Indeed the APR and Monthly interest rates more than likely increased a few times so yes statements are important.

If the account is live I would be also requesting computer screenshots of the account.

Regards

Comment

This will cover what you need to send off: ---> SAR Request - Advanced Version
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Having read through a few threads on this forum (I wish I’d found this before I started ) I think I should probably send out a SAR now. I’m going to need it anyway.

So to keep the questions coming: who do I send it to? GM Card cust services, HFC Bank cust services, GM card data controller or HFC data controller? Or does it not matter?

Comment

Originally posted by sn_dn View Post
                    Having read through a few threads on this forum (I wish I’d found this before I started ) I think I should probably send out a SAR now. I’m going to need it anyway.

So to keep the questions coming: who do I send it to? GM Card cust services, HFC Bank cust services, GM card data controller or HFC data controller? Or does it not matter?
                    Whoever sends statements so GM Card customer services - as they are managed by HFC they will deal or pass to parent company to deal.

Use this template here; ---> SAR Request - Advanced Version

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Whoever sends statements so GM Card customer services - as they are managed by HFC they will deal or pass to parent company to deal.

Use this template here; ---> SAR Request - Advanced Version
                      Thanks, will get back to you in 40 days

Comment

Thanks, will get back to you in 40 days
                        Ermmm, I expect i'll see you in around 70 going on HFC's usual calibre

Comment

Yup they are not the easist to deal with

Comment

Well, there's no debt chasing or arrears and no particular rush, so I can play the waiting game for a while ... even if I am a little impatient

Comment

Well, there's no debt chasing or arrears and no particular rush, so I can play the waiting game for a while ... even if I am a little impatient
                              exactly, right attitude to have

Comment

Working...
                              X