GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script GM Card PPI - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GM Card PPI

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GM Card PPI

Just to keep up to date on the colossal stupidity of this lot, I got a response back from the original CCA request (after about 15 days).

It's not mine!

They've addressed the covering letter to me, but included documents (including a CCA request) for someone else.

Needless to say, I've sent the docs back .... and sent a letter to the person they belonged to. I thought he might like to know that his credit card company sent copies of a letter from him (including his signature), his address, his CCA and a statement from his credit card to a complete stranger.

Comment

Blimey, this is what you are up against incompetency and a total lack of care.

It does not surprise me either.
      Last edited by pompeyfaith; 27 June 2011, 14:24.

Comment

Noooooooooooo

Never send em back arghhhhh

You had em by the bollocks as long as you had those docs. Not now, unless you copied them?

In future speak to us as we'll stop such silly mistakes reoccurring. Why the rush to send them back and notify the other party? You've really messed this up I'm afraid. Buggery

Keep us updated if anything else occurs yea?!
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
          Noooooooooooo

Never send em back arghhhhh

You had em by the bollocks as long as you had those docs. Not now, unless you copied them?

In future speak to us as we'll stop such silly mistakes reoccurring. Why the rush to send them back and notify the other party? You've really messed this up I'm afraid. Buggery

Keep us updated if anything else occurs yea?!
          For what it's worth, I did make a copy .....

I sent them back and told the other guy because I'd like to hope that's what someone would do with my details :P
          Last edited by sn_dn; 27 June 2011, 14:37.

Comment

Originally posted by sn_dn View Post
            You clever bugger. Well done. Keep it safe, if they try and take action you'll throw that down their throats.... Just forget it for now but remember it's a mini ace card. It basically proves they do not follow any sort of diligence which calls into question their integrity if, in court, they try and say "we ALWAYS..."

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I sent them back and told the other guy because I'd like to hope that's what someone would do with my details :P
              technically you've done wrong by using the details that were incorrectly advised to you. The proper process is to report to the ICO and let them deal with it.

Obviously, telling the third party could result in problems for you if you gave your details; for all you know they're a mass murderer; who now has your address etc etc

Point is it's a DPA breach which means you go to the ico and get the ico to agree with your complaint thus giving you ammunition in court.

Make better sense?

Comment

Hehe clever bugger indeed, it is so so important when communicating with the financial industry one has copies of everything both hard copies and a computer file.

This applies whether it relates to you or not.

As you have just found out they cannot be trusted with data.

BTW during my MBNA court case I was sent from Optima Legal there solicitors a letter detailing a pay rise to one of there staff.

Optima Legal are very good at publisising they are a top 100 law firm lol yeh indeed shame they do not take care of there data relating to there employees.

Regards

Oh BTW they pay shit money lol

Comment

Haha how much do they pay? I know lowells start at £16-£21k for collection agents (ie phone harassers)....

Comment

not as much as that only 14k lol

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      technically you've done wrong by using the details that were incorrectly advised to you. The proper process is to report to the ICO and let them deal with it.

Obviously, telling the third party could result in problems for you if you gave your details; for all you know they're a mass murderer; who now has your address etc etc

Point is it's a DPA breach which means you go to the ico and get the ico to agree with your complaint thus giving you ammunition in court.

Make better sense?
                      Ah, that makes sense. I will now carefully file my copies and wait for their next blunder.

Thanks, and I'll keep you updated.

Comment

Hi sn_dn

I have a similar ongoing (since last September) battle with this lot - It is like getting blood out of a stone.
                        They really are a shower of S**T.
                        Be prepared for a long fight - but stick with it and you will come through.
                        They had issued me with court proceedings - but cannot pursue this,for now at least, due to my ongoing PPI mis-selling complaint.
                        Like you my account is old(1998) large balance for a long time which has attracted substantial PPI & associated interest charges ,which are way in excess of the outstanding balance.

Good luck & stay strong.

Matty

Comment

I'm not too bad since I've been paying the minimum so they aren't chasing me. But I haven't actually used the card in donkeys and they've cancelled it. I have the money to completely settle the account but I suspect that if I do they'll magically forget who I am and rwfuse to discuss anything. My plan just now is to settle it only after I've sent them a formal complaint about the PPI, which I can only do once they answer my SAR and I can work out a sum to ask for. Grr

Comment

I'm not too bad since I've been paying the minimum so they aren't chasing me. But I haven't actually used the card in donkeys and they've cancelled it. I have the money to completely settle the account but I suspect that if I do they'll magically forget who I am and rwfuse to discuss anything. My plan just now is to settle it only after I've sent them a formal complaint about the PPI, which I can only do once they answer my SAR and I can work out a sum to ask for. Grr
                            You have it all under control, what you suggest is perfect - that's the way to do things.

Get the PPi refunded to the account then go in with a F&F offer at around 20% and see what they say

Comment

Okay, I had a response today. Basically "thanks for your request, please jump through some hoops". They are asking for me to fill in a form and send a copy of my passport. Apparently my details will be forwarded within forty days from receipt of my payment and completed form".

Hmph. I propose to fill in the form (with signature, which I intend to sign fully instead of only first initial as normal). I also propose to send something like:
                              Dear Sir or Madam,

Re: SAR - xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

I am replying to your letter dated 29th June 2011. I have completed the form and enclose a photocopy of my valid passport. As I am sure you are aware, the Data Protection Act does not require me to send you this information, and as you have already received my payment I remind you that the allowed 40 days will expire on 27th July (40 days after my request received by you on 17th June).

Yours sincerely

Me

Comment

You really don't want to be sending the above - if you do this you can forget winning anything as not only will they have your latest signature they'll be able to paste it onto things!

You're going for a PPI refund, right now sending a signature is like way daft! I really hope you have not done what you said in your last post and sent off a copy of your passport! You need to read our templates and respond with this - ie a proven source that works!

Signature Request by Creditor/DCA If that doesn't work, you then follow up with this one: Signature Request - Formal Response

Comment

Working...
                                X