GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Welcome to AlasPoorYorick - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Welcome to AlasPoorYorick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to AlasPoorYorick

Hi AlasPoorYorick and welcome

I am sure you will find the help you need, if we can kindly ask you to check through the following links to get used to the surroundings first:-

We don't bite, Help will be on its way, whatever your circumstances.

Best wishes from all at AADforums.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: Welcome to AlasPoorYorick

Hi AlasPoorYorick and welcome from me too
    "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

And welcome from me too!
      Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Hi and welcome
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the welcomes. :-)

I look forward to reading & learning from these forums.

Although, to be honest, I am already a bit confused about one thing, and that is how to access the "Templates" section.

I realise it requires separate registration (because it is separate section from forums), and I did do this separate registration, yesterday.

I then received the email that said "Thank you for registering at allaboutDEBT. Your account is created and must be activated before you can log in. To activate the account, click on the following link or copy-&-paste it in your browser:......"

However, when I click on the emailed link, it just says "Registration failed: Verification code not found."

And if I just try to login anyway, it just says "Login denied! Your account has either been blocked or you have not activated it yet. Oops! It looks like something went wrong. Please try again."

I have waited 24 hours to try again, but the error messages are the same, and I cannot login / access templates.

It is not essential that I see the templates, but I would quite like to, and I am therefore wondering if anyone has any suggestions what I should do about this?

Comment

I've not authorised you as you're too new - sorry, AAD Templates is strictly secure.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
              I've not authorised you as you're too new - sorry, AAD Templates is strictly secure.

Ah, OK, that is fine.

Sorry, I am completely new here, I realise it may take time to properly understand how things are done.

:-)

Comment

Ok I have granted access to AAD - login, then select templates from the member page or login, then come here and click this --> http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...22-cca-request
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Many many thanks !

Comment

Please do not post the content publicly here or elsewhere

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                      Please do not post the content publicly here or elsewhere

Right, OK, I understand. I promise to be careful.

I very much respect all the work that must have gone in to all this.

It is mind-boggling to me at the moment, because I am so new to understanding it all, (and I seem to have some sort of a long-standing mental block about finance, that has caused me no end of problems)

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Comment

Try and read the UE Diaries and start one yourself then we'll be able to teach you to fight back

Yes a lot of time & effort went into building all this for you guys so we simply ask you not to post OUR content on other forums or sites for plagiarists as we spent a year building that site & templates for your use so we'd appreciate it stays here for our users.

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                          Try and read the UE Diaries

Yes, I will try to.

…….we'll be able to teach you to fight back

I feel it would be such a battle. I really think I have a mental block about finance. I find it so difficult. I was so irresponsible during the credit boom, and since then it’s been endless DCA letters pouring through the letterbox.

It’s only very recently that it’s occurred to me to even begin fighting back.

I know I am myself to blame for a lot of my financial problems, but I also believe the behaviour of some elements of the financial industry, eg DCAs, is inappropriate, to say the least

Yes a lot of time & effort went into building all this for you guys so we simply ask you not to post OUR content on other forums or sites for plagiarists as we spent a year building that site & templates for your use so we'd appreciate it stays here for our users.

I absolutely respect what you are saying.

Comment

Originally posted by AlasPoorYorick View Post

Yes, I will try to.

I feel it would be such a battle. I really think I have a mental block about finance. I find it so difficult. I was so irresponsible during the credit boom, and since then it’s been endless DCA letters pouring through the letterbox.

It’s only very recently that it’s occurred to me to even begin fighting back.

I know I am myself to blame for a lot of my financial problems, but I also believe the behaviour of some elements of the financial industry, eg DCAs, is inappropriate, to say the least

I absolutely respect what you are saying.

We are totally non-judgemental on here...I suppose most of us could be classed as having been irresponsible during the credit boom but the banks and credit card companies were throwing money at us so they're the ones who were truly irresponsible.
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by Pixie
                              It is a battle...there's no getting away from that...but it's very empowering to fight back and the battle gets a lot easier with time.

A part of me feels like : "I just don’t have the mental stamina for this, I can’t do this, I have a mental block about finance, I have always had this mental block, I will never change, the DCAs are going to be after me until I die, and that’s all there is to it."

Another part of me feels like : "I have got to change my mental attitude, and fight back, this is clearly not all my fault, the sharks in the financial industry have caused at least some of my problems, and are continuing to do so, I must fight back."

I am now oscillating between these two parts, so to speak. It’s a daily battle.

We are totally non-judgemental on here...

I like the idea of being in a fairly anonymous non-judgemental environment like this. I can sort of 'hide my shame' a bit, I suppose.

I suppose most of us could be classed as having been irresponsible during the credit boom but the banks and credit card companies were throwing money at us so they're the ones who were truly irresponsible.

Yes, they really did throw the money around, that’s for sure. The credit boom was incredible, so much money going around. I was so very shocked when the credit crunch came. And all the endless DCA letters.

Comment

Working...
                              X