GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SXGuy's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SXGuy's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SXGuy's UE Diary

MBNA

Balance: £8818.88 including charges.
    Agreement: Around 2004 (not sure exact date)
    Last min monthly payment: August 2011
    Default Notice: 30th September 2011

6th December 2011: Notice of Assignement letter received from both MBNA and DLC (Hiliesden Securities Ltd)
    6th December 2011: Telephoned DLC offering £1 per month with review in 6 months
    7th December 2011: Letter from DLC refusing payment offer and threatening charging order on property
    7th December 2011: CCA request sent
    21st December 2011: 2nd CCA request sent
    22nd December: Received reponse to first CCA request stating would be in touch within 21 days(ignored)
    4th January 2012: 3rd CCA Request sent
    5th January 2012: Reply to 2nd CCA request admiting they are in default of account and can not enforce the debt, however, they can still ask for payment in any manor they see fit, and dispute should not be used to withold payment (ignored)
    Confirmed
    6th January 2012: Numerous phone calls logged and message left on answerphone (ignored)
    9th January 2012: Letter received, stating that reply to letters had failed and may seek an agent to visit property.
    10th January 2012: Letter to stop all agent appointments sent.

Update:
    23rd January 2012:DLC leaves an answerphone message on both home phone and work phone (think another letter is in order)
    27th January 2012: Letter from Aplins Solicitors asking to telephone DLC regarding full payment or arange repayment within 7 days or may instruct to proceed with legal action
    27th January 2012: Sent reply to Aplins using template from here, stating account still in dispute and no enforcment can be made, also attached copy of letter from DLC stating they will not take enforcement action whilst account remains in dispute.
    28th January 2012: Received letter from Hillesden Securities (DLC) aknowledging removing of telephone numbers and no agent visit without prior arrangement. (Awww shame! NOT!)

17th February 2012:Received letter from Hillesden Securites, aknowledging letter sent on 27th, and apologising for solicitor letter saying it was sent in error, but says, they are still trying to recover the agreement from MBNA, and until then, they are entitled to rely on the regulated credit agreement as evidence that i agree to repay and debt incurred under the agreement. (um. they say they havent got the agreement yet rely on it as evidence? i smell something brown there!)
    It also says, "As the above account defaulted on 30 September 2011, the outstanding balance of £8818.88 became the arrears. and it is now overdue" (um. surely the arrears is the amount defaulted, not the whole balance?)
    7th March 2012: Alls quiet on the western front
    31st March 2012: Letter from DLC reminder of balance outstanding (yeah a reminder cos they cant do f all else, still in default of CCA request)

---------------------------------------------------------------------

EGG SOLD TO BC - SOLD AGAIN TO AIC (allegidly)

Balance: £8000ish
    Agreement: Pre 2007 (will double check exact date)
    Last min monthly payment: October 2011
    Last £1 token payment: January 2012
    Default Notice: January 2012

November 2011: Letter from Barclaycard / bought egg account contact us to discuss payment (unknown a/c number)
    November 2011: mother rang B/C agreed £1 payment per month
    November 2011: Letter from Mercers accepting arrangement to pay £1 per month, request to make first payment December 2011 and each month thereafter
    15th January 2012: receive letter from BC / bought egg account change standing order details (same unknown a/c number)
    17th January 2012: Receive default notice from mercers re account
    4th February 2012: Receive letter from Barclaycard demanding full payment (same unknown a/c number)
    8th February 2012: sent letter to barclaycard, enclosed copy of arrangement to pay £1, default notice and explained guidelines on issuing DN's under an arrangement to pay. (quoted a/c number)
    18th February 2012: receive letter from Barclaycard dated 14th February saying they have sold account to Allied International and should telephone them make a payment. (unknown a/c number)
    20th February 2012: receive 4 telephone calls and 2 messages from Allied asking to telephone them regarding a "personal business matter" (LOL ignored)
    24th February 2012: 4 calls from Allied, 1 message left (ignored, still havent received a letter from them, fingers crossed they will just keep calling lol)
    24th February 2012: receive letter from Barclaycard dated 17th February 2012 in response to letter sent 8th February, "disappointed we felt the need to complain, will investigate and enclose complaints leafleft" (Love these standard letters they all send, anyway will wait to see the outcome)
    3rd March 2012: Continued calls from AIC all week, cept now they give 4 rings and hang up (will be getting a call blocker machine soon so just holding out)
    7th March 2012: 4 Ring calls still continue every day
    March 2012: letter back from barclay card / £1 per month was not agreed arrangement, £31 was, therefore doesnt fall into AP marker rules
    22nd March 2012: Letter from AIC, stating they deal with debt on behalf of BC (they never sold it!) (Again unknwon a/c number)

Update: 22nd March 2012: you may notice a lot of unknown a/c numbers throughout this one. it recently only came to light due to alot of searching that the egg account to which they first refered to, does not match the account number originally assigned to the egg account.
    There is also some confusion when BC rang regarding the egg account, as they asked to speak to my late father, which seems strange, and makes me wonder if the agreement was originally in my fathers name. That together with the unknown account number means this one needs to be looked in to now.

27th March 2012: CCA request sent
    29th March 2012: receive letter from AIC / Stating CCA request should be sent to OC, however they have fowarded on the request and they are relying on OC to deliver within timelimit (Request is currently in default and deemed UE until further notice)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

HSBC Gold Credit Card

Balance: 10,000 and rising
    Agrement: pre 2007 (Over 30 years)
    Last Monthly payment: August 2011
    Current repayments: £10 per month
    Default Notice: yes, will check date

27th September 2011: Receive letter from HSBC accepting arrangement of £10 per month, and state final demands and default notice will continue in due course.
    4th February 2012: Final demand notice (ignored)
    21st February 2012: another Final demand notice (everything same except overdue amount has increased, and been sent from difference office)
    24th February 2012: Sent letter to HSBC reminding them of payment arrangement, enclosed copy of their letter confirming, offered to increase payments with help from 3rd party to £50 per month starting April 2012.
    7th March 2012: Receive letter from manager of collections dated 28th February, stating that previous letter did not include signature, and could not act on information, normal collection proceedings to continue
    7th March 2012: wrote back and included original letter but with my mothers left handed attempt at a signature included LOL
    March 2012: letter from HSBC / passed debt to metropolitain collection services
    31st March 2012: received letter from metro asking to telephone to arrange payment
    31st March 2012: offered £50 per month / account on hold for 30 days while they await an I & E form.

Note: I intend to not pay them diddly, but havent had a chance to set up a new bank account with someone else yet, so biding my time before i slap them with a CCA Request, niddy advises its 100% UE regardless.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Capital One assigned to Fredricksons

Balance: 2,864.27
    Arrears: Around £600
    Agrement: 1998
    Last Monthly payment: April 2011
    Current repayments: none
    Default Notice: none yet
    Account Status: terminated

17th February 2012: received letter/ current arrangement about to end 3rd April 2012
    27th March 2012: CCA Request sent (Currently in default of account, UE until they send something)
    23rd April 2012: Received Signed application form, blank recon agreement, t's and c's from then and now, await Niddys Inspection.
    Niddy confirms 100% lack of presribed terms at account inception Will take pleasure in notifying them of this.

9th May 2012: Received Notice of Sums in Arrears (Ignored)
    22nd May 2012: letter from Capital one / account terminated, may pass to DCA
    25th May 2012: letter from Fredrickson and numerous calls, repay debt in full
    27th May 2012: Sent Account Sold Whilst In Dispute
    31st May 2012: letter from Fredricksons, account on hold for 14 days, contact cap one directly for CCA Request

---------------------------------------------------------

M & S Money

Balance: 8635.80
    Agrement: November 2003
    Last Monthly payment: November 2011
    Current repayments: £1 per month
    Default Notice: served 28/02/12

17th March 2012: Letter received / agreed arangement expired, contact us to discuss
    27th March 2012: CCA Request Sent
    30th March 2012: automatied answerphone message asking to telephone them to discuss account (ignored and number blocked)
    12th April 2012: Received CCA - Emailed to Niddy
    15th April 2012: Niddy confirms 100%
    Note: Will continue to pay £1 per month or consider f & f sometime in the future.

5th May 2012: Received a 2nd default notice, first one sent 28th Feb 2012
    28th May 2012: Final Demand Letter Received / May pass debt to external agent who may demand payment or issue court proceedings
    29th May 2012: Sent Missing Prescribed Terms
    ------------------------------------------------------

Lloyds Credit Card

Balance: 7465.50
    Agrement: pre 2007 (will double check)
    Last Monthly payment: November 2011
    Default Notice: (will double check)

29/03/2012: Received NoA from Moorcroft / To prevent recommendation to our client to proceed with litigation, telephone to discuss payment
    02/04/2012: Sent CCA Request
    10/04/2012: Received letter / possible litigation (ignored)
    11/04/2012: Received letter / CCA payment must be made to OC
    12/04/2012: Sent DCA Refusal to accept CCA Request
    05/05/2012: Received another letter/ Possible litigation
    05/05/2012: Sent template, CCA Final Demand
    09/05/2012: Received CCA Request, Emailed Niddy Niddy Confirms
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opus Credit Card assigned to 1st Credit

Balance: 6087.26
    Agrement: pre 2007
    Default Notice: (will double check)

16th April 2012: letter from opus dated 13/04/12 notice of assignment to 1st Credit, affective 23/03/12 / Pay outstanding balance or telephone to arrange repayment
    17th April 2012: CCA Request Sent.
    24th April 2012: Letter recieved dated 20/04/12 / Account on hold while they request CCA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Barclaycard Assigned to Link Financial

Balance: 7400ish
    Default Notice: none

17/05/2012: NoA to Link Financial / Current arrangement to pay will continue for 6 months, redirect payment to Link Financial
    29/05/2012: Sent CCA Request
    07/06/2012: Letter from Link, Do not currently hold agreement, will contact OC, could take 30 days.
    11/10/2012: Link sent application/agreement stating they fulfilled their obligations, niddy confirms Prescribed terms which were sent, are NOT those that came with the agreement, will send missing prescribed terms.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

NatWest Gold

Balance: £10,000
    Default Notice: Will double check.

22/05/2012: Payment arrangement due for review, contact us or your money adviser (Niddy ) to discuss your repayment proposals

Will be sending a CCA request off tomorrow - Sent

30/08/2012: Letter from NatWest - Confirm can not locate agreement and is

-------------------------------------------------------------

NatWest Black

Balance: £15,529.89

28/05/2012: Payment arrangement due for review, contact us or your money adviser (Niddy ) to discuss your repayment proposals
    07/06/2012: CCA Request Sent
    In between previous and further date, a lot of bollox about DPA and signed requests, finally sent a signed request to them on 30th November 2012.
    03/01/2013: Confirmed by Natwest

-------------------------------------------------------------

MINT

Balance: £10,143.27

07/06/2012: CCA Request Sent
    Sent CCA to Niddy, confirmed Will blag anyway

24/10/13: passed to various DCA's, currently with Fredricksons.

Last edited by SXGuy; 24 October 2013, 13:38.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Re: SXGuy's UE Diary

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    MBNA

Balance: £8500 ish
    Agreement: Around 2004 (not sure exact date)
    Last min monthly payment: August 2011
    Default Notice: October 2011 (will double check)

6th December 2011: Notice of Assignement letter received from both MBNA and DLC (Hiliesden Securities Ltd)
    6th December 2011: Telephoned DLC offering £1 per month with review in 6 months
    7th December 2011: Letter from DLC refusing payment offer and threatening charging order on property
    7th December 2011: CCA request sent
    21st December 2011: 2nd CCA request sent
    22nd December: Received reponse to first CCA request stating would be in touch within 21 days(ignored)
    4th January 2012: 3rd CCA Request sent
    5th January 2012: Reply to 2nd CCA request admiting they are in default of account and can not enforce the debt, however, they can still ask for payment in any manor they see fit, and dispute should not be used to withold payment (ignored)
    6th January 2012: Numerous phone calls logged and message left on answerphone (ignored)
    9th January 2012: Letter received, stating that reply to letters had failed and may seek an agent to visit property.
    10th January 2012: Letter to stop all agent appointments sent.

Thats it so far, its now 22nd January 2012, no CCA has turned up, i think according to their letter, they have a few more days to make contact, so maybe my mother will get another letter from them next week, will update post as and when it happens.

Make sure you keep that letter nice and safe!

BTW don't forget to date any letters with the date you received them and staple them to the envelope they came in.
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I have to admit, i didnt know about keeping the envelopes until after i read it on this forum.

But i will def make sure all envelopes are kept with the letters from now on.

Can i ask what the importance of this is?

Im guessing its cos it will have the postage stamped on it as to the date it was sent?
      Last edited by SXGuy; 22 January 2012, 18:32.

Comment

Bet they wished they'd just accepted your £1..... property charge my *rse! I once had a stroppy git ring up from Alliance & Leicester threatening me with a property charge .... I had visions of him seeing himself as some all-powerful genie like the one in Aladdin.

Needless to say.... they never even got close to a property charge, the CCJ they assumed they were going to get before they could apply for one anyway..... or anything else.

Remember the mantra:
        NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
        Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
        Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

Im guessing its cos it will have the postage stamped on it as to the date it was sent?
          Yes, it's so that you have proof of when it was posted should you ever need it.
          Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

Comment

Originally posted by PriorityOne View Post
            Bet they wished they'd just accepted your £1..... property charge my *rse! I once had a stroppy git ring up from Alliance & Leicester threatening me with a property charge .... I had visions of him seeing himself as some all-powerful genie like the one in Aladdin.

Needless to say.... they never even got close to a property charge, the CCJ they assumed they were going to get before they could apply for one anyway..... or anything else.

Exactly, when i saw the letter, i did have a little chuckle to myself. I thought, maybe they had some sort of magic ball that they use to see the mystical future whereby a CCJ was granted, the mortgage company with a 2nd charge, and the secured loan creditors all agreed to allowing them to stick a charging order on the house lol.

What i find even more funny looking back, is how their threats can be seen as just that, if they really wanting to seek a charging order, why bother sending another letter stating they may send an agent round. What did they expect I or my mother to tell the agent? sorry mate, im waiting for the charging order lol

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I have to admit, i didnt know about keeping the envelopes until after i read it on this forum.

But i will def make sure all envelopes are kept with the letters from now on.

Can i ask what the importance of this is?

Its important when it comes to things like date of service and amount of time to rectify in matters like default notices. Many of these outfits use other services rather than Royal Mail and there are specific extra days within the system that it takes for these to be processed, like UKMail for example. This accepted generally by the courts. Also these are unscrupulous people that you are dealing with, they are most definitely NOT fine upstanding pillars of society hence the envelope is evidence and in fact those pale orange "bar codes" across the envelope can be decoded if necessary.

regards
              Garlok

Comment

MBNA

As a result of that, you can safely ignore anything they send you - basically, if anyone hassles you regards this debt you now copy that letter and send with a copy of one of these, and the new creditor will go away and leave you alone: ---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA

Well done
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that info guys.

Niddy, thats what i had thought, i'm glad you confirmed this for me.

Do you have any sort of paypal donation service which goes towards the up keep of the site? if you have let me know, i am sure my mother would love to say thanks if she saves herself all that money lol

Garlok, i see what you mean, infact one of their letters were dated the same day it arrived, which i think means they never accounted for the time it would take to be delivered.

Comment

Thanks for that info guys.

Niddy, thats what i had thought, i'm glad you confirmed this for me.

Do you have any sort of paypal donation service which goes towards the up keep of the site? if you have let me know, i am sure my mother would love to say thanks if she saves herself all that money lol

Garlok, i see what you mean, infact one of their letters were dated the same day it arrived, which i think means they never accounted for the time it would take to be delivered.
                    Hi

Thanks for the kind offer, it's fine - no need to contribute - really, we don't expect payment for any help offered....

* That said, yes we do have a 'donate' link right at the top of the forum, above the login details....
                    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that

Comment

Hi Guys

My mother today received a letter from Aplin Stockton Farifax solictiors stating they have been instructed by DLC to take necessary steps to recover the outstanding balance.

They say they may commence legal proceedings within 7 days if she fails to come to an agrrement with DLC regarding the debt.

I wanted to write a letter back explaining that DLC are currently in dispute with the account and as such its not enforeceable, and attach a copy of their letter addmiting they can not enforce the debt, but wondered if there are any templates i could use?

Comment

Hi Guys

My mother today received a letter from Aplin Stockton Farifax solictiors stating they have been instructed by DLC to take necessary steps to recover the outstanding balance.

They say they may commence legal proceedings within 7 days if she fails to come to an agrrement with DLC regarding the debt.

I wanted to write a letter back explaining that DLC are currently in dispute with the account and as such its not enforeceable, and attach a copy of their letter addmiting they can not enforce the debt, but wondered if there are any templates i could use?
                          Send this with a copy of the letter you have > CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA

Comment

Thank you

Comment

Update, got a letter from DLC today stating they have removed my mothers numbers from their system, and will not ask an agent to visit her house without prior arrangement

Actually feels like your winning doesnt it lol

Comment

Working...
                              X