GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SXGuy's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SXGuy's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: SXGuy's UE Diary

nope, stopped all payments except for HSBC which have agreed £50 a month, set up a standing order, laugh of it is, it expires in 2035 LOL

Likelyhood is its UE, but i need that account at the moment due to business banking and cant risk losing it or them using ROSO, so thats the only one im currently paying.

Everyone else, i stopped all token payments.

Some creditors have accepted UE and closed their file, Egg, MBNA.
    Some have failed to comply with CCA Request, Mint, Natwest, Opus (Citi).

The rest that are either enforceable, or UE but creditors refuse to accept it, im just continuing to play letter tennis, or ignore till threatend with anything.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

ok another update, this time Natwest, and whoever dealing with it, must be complete numpties!

If you recall, i send my £1 with a CCA request, they replied asking for a signature, to which i replied with the template explaining theres nothing removing the act that requires a signature.

Today then have sent a letter, saying "thank you for your Subject Access Request" they have returned the £1 PO, and said, to reply with a £10 PO and it will be sent within 40 days.

They have sent back my letter regarding the signature, and some div has written on it "SAR".

now i dont know how many times you have to ask for your credit agreement before the understand, but this takes the piss.

I now have, receipt to prove the CCA request was sent, proof of PO, my original CCA request letter sent back, with a date stamp, and with hand written "no signature" on it. and now this letter.

Question, should i just ignore until they start threaning, or should i follow up with a reminder? as far as i can see, i have all the proof i need to show i requested it and they are in default, so while they continue to not understand what i asked for, i could just ignore and leave them in default?
      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I think they do this to piss you off sometimes, then again, the standard of employee is so dire they just might be simply numpties.

when we were on the DMP a BOS employee wanted to know why I was able to pay my BNP subscription but not my credit card bill, I promptly complained and got 50 quid for my pain and suffering...............................

personally I would consider them in default

Comment

Re- send CCA request as some idiot(s) seem to think it comes with SAR as we know it does not, there again if they send one would be a bonus, others I am sure will advise also.

Comment

Originally posted by evenlessdopey View Post
            I think they do this to piss you off sometimes, then again, the standard of employee is so dire they just might be simply numpties.

when we were on the DMP a BOS employee wanted to know why I was able to pay my BNP subscription but not my credit card bill, I promptly complained and got 50 quid for my pain and suffering...............................

personally I would consider them in default
            Yes, i think you are right. Its not for me to explain to them the law, i have done everything reasonable to request a copy, they have failed to supply it. I got a letter which they have stamped, proving i requested it, as well as receipts. As far as im concerned, ive done my job.

Im looking forward to seing what they do with the other Natwest account now lol, no doubt that letter will come tomorrow.

IF they start taking action, then ill respond, but until then, they are in default.

Comment

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...&postcount=267

Have you seen this here ^^^^^^

Comment

Thanks FP and I2D, i hadnt seen those before, but i was aware of what the OFT had said.

Ill sit on their letter for now, its no longer about the signature, its about the continued failure to understand a simply right or requirement under CCA 1974, Natwest are a bank, whoever is in the section that deals with requests should at the very least have a basic understanding on what CCA intails.

If the shoe was on the other foot, i can hear the words "ignorance of the law is not an excuse" and its not for me to remind them of the law either.

Whatever, they remain in default, i can prove the request was received, irrispective of the £1 being sent back, and sending my request letter back does not consitute as not receiving it.

So all this, is only helping the account to remain UE, im happy with that. lol

Comment

another little update, this one made me chuckle.

Finally heard from DLC again re MBNA, who have confirmed the account is UE.

The letter simply states. "We have some new information regarding your account, please kindly contact us"

Em, i dont think so!, no CCA since first request back in December 2011, so they can continue to jog on! lol

Comment

Update guys

Got a letter from Bryan carter re capital one, saying i have 14 days to make a repayment proposal or they will recommend litigation to their client.

They list court fees etc that would be added.

Niddy confirmed UE, they sent application form, seperate prescribed terms, current and past T's and C's

Advise please?
                    Last edited by SXGuy; 13 July 2012, 09:51.

Comment

Right think what ill do is send two letters, one to fredricksons and the other to Bryan Carter, both threat of litigation i think.

After reading other threads it seems they pull the same stunt with everyone, even down to the same letters.

This account is just under 3k, so chances are they will go to small claims, so need to make them think twice.

Has any one else seen Bryan Carter off with a UE account?

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                        Right think what ill do is send two letters, one to fredricksons and the other to Bryan Carter, both threat of litigation i think.

After reading other threads it seems they pull the same stunt with everyone, even down to the same letters.

This account is just under 3k, so chances are they will go to small claims, so need to make them think twice.

Has any one else seen Bryan Carter off with a UE account?
                        Yep send the threat of litigation mate, to Bryan Carter and send a copy of that to Freds....
                        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

got a reply from Freds, account on hold while they investigate AGAIN lol.

Prob here from them in a couple days saying cap one complied with CCA.

Comment

another ickle update.

Link have sent a letter re Barclaycard, £1 payment was missed last month, please pay £1 to settle arrears lol.

Filed away for now.

Comment

update time.

Finally got back the CCA Request for Mint, think it took them around 2 months.

To me it looks 100% enforecable.

The supplied, statement of account, original agreement (RBS advanta Gold) PT's were on the reverse, copy of the T&C's leaflet that came with it, current T&C's, copy of letter when mint card was issued, PT's on reverse of that also, plus copies of recent letters sent.

The only thing i can see thats questionable, is the two last letters issued state the total balance due plus arrears, but one letter asks to make a payment less than the min required, (by about 50 quid i think) not sure if thats anything to work with.
                              I will email niddy next week (going away for long weekend friday morning).

My mother is debating whether to blag and send missing PT's or to offer them something.

Reason being, they continue to add charges and interest.

Then again if she offered them £1 per month, theres no guarentee that they would accept to freeze interest and charges, so bit of a quandry.

Any thoughts guys? Idealy i want to force them to terminate agreement so the balance doesnt keep escalating.
                              Last edited by SXGuy; 25 July 2012, 16:26.

Comment

Send it to Niddy for a quick look----------> agreements@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                                X