GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script SXGuy's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SXGuy's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SXGuy's UE Diary

Well done SX great start.............
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
      Update Time guys

Thank you Niddy and everyone else that has helped my mother on her UE Journey, my mother has been able to get a new sofa, for the first time in 20 years thanks to you guys. She no longer worrys about her debt. I personally cant thank you all enough and will be forever greatful.
      That's all brilliant news SXGuy

I wish you'd mentioned about your mother needing a new sofa earlier because Flossy's got one she's been trying to re-home for ages

Comment

Well done mate
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

a little update.

Natwest, both for the gold and black accounts have wrote back saying they require a signature.

I have responded with the template explaining no signature is required under CCA requests.

I sent a CCA request for Mint last week which i note is in the same building as NatPests so im guessing ill get a similar letter back from them as well.

1 Question, I have noticed on other peoples letters they get, that some credit cards state that the 14 days doesnt start until they receive the signature to release the CCA. Is this true or false?

Would the clock start from the moment the CCA Request landed on their lap?
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

great advice thanks!

Ok well based on Pauls opinion id say the 14 day clock started the moment the request was made.

Its quite laughable their letter, its a template, says thank you for your letter but i cant continue with your request because:

And then you get 5 choices of answers, and 1 is ticked about the signature needed for data protection purposes lol.

And they returned my letter which someone has hand written "no signature" on it.
            Last edited by SXGuy; 20 June 2012, 10:48.

Comment

Well worst case senario is, if they did do that, id weigh it up based on the agreement, and perhaps consider settling out of court or maybe even applying for a installment order, thats if it is enforceable of course

But until then im happy to tell them to jog on.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower
                Maybe check my response to this as well! ---> allaboutFORUMS - View Single Post - What's the worst thing that can happen! UE diary
                I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

id say the 14 day clock started the moment the request was made.
                  The 14 days start from the day of receipt which is classed as +2 days thus we always class a CCA Request as being 14+2 days (+2 is delivery)!

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerpower

Just not something we promote on here!

Comment

• Re: SXGuy's UE Diary

Thanks Niddy.

Well im happy to tell them to jog on like i said before.

IF they hold a valid agreement and refuse to send it, so be it, it works in my favour moreso than theres.

Tick tock says the statued barred clock lol

Comment

Update

Received letter before action from Fredricksons, re Capital One.

Details costs should they take legal action. They have also included interest. is this legal? since the account was terminated, how can they add interest???

Brief background. Cap one sent the CCA to me, which niddy deemed UE, Fredrickons sent a letter saying account was on hold for 14 days until i received my CCA, then normal collections would continue.

Should i reply with the template, letter before action, or missing prescribed terms?

Comment

Update

Received letter before action from Fredricksons, re Capital One.

Details costs should they take legal action. They have also included interest. is this legal? since the account was terminated, how can they add interest???

Brief background. Cap one sent the CCA to me, which niddy deemed UE, Fredrickons sent a letter saying account was on hold for 14 days until i received my CCA, then normal collections would continue.

Should i reply with the template, letter before action, or missing prescribed terms?
                          I Would send letter before action if it was me........

Comment

IT IS A COME ON LETTER, TEMPLATE, SEND MISSING TERMS OTHERS i AM SURE WILL ADVISE ALSO

Comment

ok thanks guys will do.

The point about interest being added, can they do this?

Comment

ok thanks guys will do.

The point about interest being added, can they do this?
                                They usually do........ but if you're not paying who cares

Comment

Working...
                                X