GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script dajomel UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

dajomel UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dajomel UE Diary

Hi,

After looking through MoneySavingExpert I noticed a few people pointing towards this forum so I am hoping that you may be of assistance.

I have a small selection of debts from credit cards and an unsecured personal loan. One of the credit card debts, being chased via CL Finance, I challenged over 2.5years ago and have received nothing but a yearly statement from them and pay nothing towards the debt.

Two other credit card debts are being "cared for" by Wescot and Cabot Financial and the unsecured loan, originally through Paragon, is now in the hands of CBS Transcom or Arrow or both!!!! Anyway, I made a request to these collection agencies for the original agreements and have received, in short form, the following from each:

Wescot: They claim to not own the debt but work for Egg and so I need to request from Egg direct.

Transcom/Arrow: I sent request to Transcom but got reply from Arrow. Is this right and allowed? Anyway, got the response of "we currently can't find the information you have requested but are continuing to search". They also stated they would hold all transactions on the account and then proceeded to take a payment out a week later.

Cabot: I have received several replies from them all claiming to be searching for the info until today when they stated "Unfortunately Cabot have not been able to provide you with the requested information within the relevant time period". They go on to state they will continue to request the info from Halifax and that the account will remain on hold. However, they go on to say that I am still obliged to pay the outstanding balance. Is this correct?

What I want to know is what do I do next? I looked at the Templates but didn't see one for when comapnies fail to supply the information. Any help on what letter to send, whether I am legally obliged to keep paying or can suspend payments and anything else relevant would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance

Dave

PS I sent the original requests for info on the 29th July.

Forgot to say, these are debts that go back a long way, as in easily over 5 years ago and I had a lot of change of circumstances and it all got out of hand. I need help sorting it out so I can start afresh, asap though realise it will take time, as I am in a more stable situation and have a good outllook once this mess is sorted.

Many thanks again for any help or guidance.

Dave
    Many thanks,

Dave

Help and guidance always appreciated and never taken for granted.

Re: What to do Next?

Cabot Financial(Originally Halifax Credit Card)

Credit Card taken Out: Pre 2002
    Current Balance: £6031.85
    Full Payment: Unsure at this time. Last reduced payment - Septmeber 2010
    Paying - No
    Default: Not sure as not visible on Credit File as of April 2009

29/07/2010: sent CCA request to Cabot
    30/07/2010: received letter from Cabot saying they are requesting info from original lender
    14/08/2010: received letter(dated 11/08/2010) from Cabot saying they have requested info from original lender but there is a delay
    28/08/2010: received letter(dated 23/08/2010) from Cabot saying they have requested info from original lender but there is a delay
    20/09/2010: received letter(dated 03/09/2010) from Cabot saying they have been unable to supply the information
    14/04/2013: received letter(dated 12/04/2013) from Cabot saying they are unable to provide the requested information.

Marlin Financial was Wescot (Egg Credit Card - now Barclaycard?)

Credit Card taken Out: 11/04/2001.
    Current Balance: £3501.01
    Full Payment: Unsure at this time. Last reduced payment - September 2010

Paying - No
    Default: 26/06/2004 - £5601

29/07/2010: sent CCA request to Wescot
    03/08/2010: received letter from Wescot claiming to not be creditor.
    17/08/2013: received letter from Marlin Financial Services requesting contact with them.
    19/08/2013: sent CCA request to Marlin Financial Services.
    24/08/2013: received letter from Marlin Financial Services.
    17/09/2013: received letter from Marlin Financial Services with copy of Online Application.
    23/09/2013: received letter from Marlin Capital Europe.
    04/10/2013: received letter from Marlin Financial Services with copy of original T&C's
    01/03/2014: received statement of account from Marlin Financial Services

ARROW GLOBAL/TRANSCOM (Originially Paragon Unsecured Loan)

Loan taken Out: 09/05/2000
    Current Balance: £22925 according to Credit Report. £28000 approx according to letter from earlier in year.
    Full Payment: 13/11/2002. Last reduced payment - September 2010
    Paying - No
    Default: 10/06/2008 - £21,691

29/07/2010: sent CCA request to Transcom
    12/08/2010: received letter from Arrow claiming they are not the creditor but are requesting from creditor
    16/11/2010: received letter from Arrow with the Credit Agreement, Statement of Account and Terms and Conditions.
    20/11/2010: sent Missing Prescribed Terms letter to Transcom
    16/11/2010: received letter from Arrow disputing unenforeability. Letter emailed to Niddy.
    10/01/2011: received letter from Transcom saying I owe them monthly payments of £390.01 starting immediately.
    11/02/2011: received letter from Transcom saying I owe them monthly payments of £390.01 starting immediately.
    10/03/2011: received letter from Transcom saying I owe them monthly payments of £390.01 starting immediately.

Lowell Portfolio previously CL Finance(Originally HSBC Credit Card)

Credit Card taken Out: Pre 2002.
    Current Balance: £4624
    Full Payment: Unsure at this time. Last reduced payment - March 2008
    Not paying
    Default: 26/03/2004 - £5316

10/04/2008: sent CCA request(my own version)
    Heard nothing since, not even a dispute.
    13/10/2011: received letter stating debt sold to Lowell Portfolio I Ltd
    21/10/2011: received letter from Lowell Financial saying I haven't been in touch about the debt Lowell Portfolio I Ltd now own.
    24/10/2011: sent unenforeable letter to Lowell Financial as suggested.
    11/11/2011: received letter from Lowell Financial
    09/12/2011: received letter from Lowell Portfolio I
    19/12/2011: received letter from Lowell Financial
    05/01/2012: received letter from Lowell Financial
    19/01/2012: received letter from Lowell Financial
    23/01/2012: sent CCA request to Lowell Financial via recorded delivery as suggested.
    03/02/2012: received letter from Lowell Portfolio I
    14/02/2012: received letter from Lowell Portfolio I
    22/02/2012: received letter from Lowell Portfolio I
    15/03/2012: received letter from Lowell Portfolio I
    Last edited by dajomel; 1 March 2014, 13:09.
    Many thanks,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by dajomel
      Hi, After looking through MoneySavingExpert I noticed a few people pointing towards this forum so I am hoping that you may be of assistance.
      Welcome..... you'll get all the help you need - don't worry about that!

I have a small selection of debts from credit cards and an unsecured personal loan. One of the credit card debts, being chased via CL Finance, I challenged over 2.5years ago and have received nothing but a yearly statement from them and pay nothing towards the debt.
      Ok, so it will be near statute barred I presume - when did you last actually pay into this debt? Just out of curiosity?

Wescot: They claim to not own the debt but work for Egg and so I need to request from Egg direct.
      No you do not, respond with the following template!

---> viewtopic.php?p=2308#p2308

Transcom/Arrow: I sent request to Transcom but got reply from Arrow. Is this right and allowed? Anyway, got the response of "we currently can't find the information you have requested but are continuing to search". They also stated they would hold all transactions on the account and then proceeded to take a payment out a week later.
      Cancel the direct debit or whatever you have set-up. They clearly don't have the agreement so trying their luck.....

Cabot: I have received several replies from them all claiming to be searching for the info until today when they stated "Unfortunately Cabot have not been able to provide you with the requested information within the relevant time period". They go on to state they will continue to request the info from Halifax and that the account will remain on hold. However, they go on to say that I am still obliged to pay the outstanding balance. Is this correct?
      Yep, you need to understand what exactly UE is - have a read of this little snap-shot I done the other day:

---> viewtopic.php?p=9963#p9963

What I want to know is what do I do next? I looked at the Templates but didn't see one for when comapnies fail to supply the information. Any help on what letter to send, whether I am legally obliged to keep paying or can suspend payments and anything else relevant would be appreciated.
      Cease all repayments right now and consider starting a diary (i'll move this into the diary boards for you, and rename it). Just click the link below to read what info I need, and how to lay your diary out - then we'll get this sorted for you.

---> viewtopic.php?p=6789#p6789

Many thanks in advance - Dave - PS I sent the original requests for info on the 29th July.
      You're welcome, just sit tight for now and do as I ask above, don't send anything else off and stop payments asap. Then ignore their phone calls, or fail security so they deal in writing - never speak on the phone to them ok? Lots of reading to be done, so read away and when you're feeling up to some questions fire away and we'll answer as best we can....

Niddy
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by never-in-doubt
        Ok, so it will be near statute barred I presume - when did you last actually pay into this debt? Just out of curiosity?
        Without trolling through my statements I beleive I cancelled paying that debt in March 2008. Only thing I have received since is a yearly statement.

Originally posted by never-in-doubt
        Yep, you need to understand what exactly UE is - have a read of this little snap-shot I done the other day:
        OK, had a read and understand that the debt exists and that I legally am obliged to pay it if they can subsequently enforce it but can cancel payments until that time. Is this correct? Sorry, long day!!!

Just about to do my best to add the info as requested for the diary in the right format. Please do not ;Spank if I mess it up!!! BTW, these accounts defaulted at least 2 years ago and some of the ogirinal commencement dates of the accounts go back to 2000. I know, I should've sorted it all sooner. ;D
        Many thanks,

Dave

Comment

Re: dajomel UE Diary

CL Finance(Originally HSBC Credit Card)

Not paying

10/04/2008: sent CCA request(my own version)
          Heard nothing since, not even a dispute.
          As an example - this account should not show a default on your credit file, in April 2010 it should have been removed, have you seen your credit files recently and can you confirm this?

OK, had a read and understand that the debt exists and that I legally am obliged to pay it if they can subsequently enforce it but can cancel payments until that time. Is this correct? Sorry, long day!!!
          Yep spot on - stop paying! ;-y
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
            As an example - this account should not show a default on your credit file, in April 2010 it should have been removed, have you seen your credit files recently and can you confirm this?

Cheers
            Oh right, credit file is from April 2009. Assume it best to pay Experian (can't get the free trial) to get the most up-to-date?
            Many thanks,

Dave

Comment

Oh right, credit file is from April 2009. Assume it best to pay Experian (can't get the free trial) to get the most up-to-date?
              Yep, experian, equifax and call credit - do the £2 statutory reports.

- see here: ---> viewtopic.php?p=158#p158

Comment

Cabot Financial (Originally Halifax Credit Card)

Credit Card taken Out: Pre 2002
                Current Balance: £6031.85
                Full Payment: Unsure at this time. Last reduced payment - August 2010
                Paying - about to cancel DD
                Default: Not sure as not visible on Credit File as of April 2009
                I presume this default will have already dropped off (April 2010) - so stop paying, and do nothing - do not contact them - like above, you need to see your credit file.....

Comment

Wescot (Egg Credit Card)

Credit Card taken Out: 11/04/2001.
                  Current Balance: £3561.01
                  Default: 26/06/2004 - £5601
                  I presume this default will have already dropped off (June 2010) - so stop paying, and do nothing - do not contact them - like above, you need to see your credit file.....

Comment

CL Finance (Originally HSBC Credit Card)

Not paying
                    I presume this default will have already dropped off (March 2010) - so stop paying, and do nothing - do not contact them - like above, you need to see your credit file.....

Comment

ARROW GLOBAL/TRANSCOM (Originially Paragon Unsecured Loan)

Loan taken Out: 09/05/2000
                      Current Balance: £28000 approx
                      Default: 10/06/2008 - £21,691
                      The default here is still too live to worry about that so concentrate on UE with this one, they have requested the CCA from the OC so sit tight and see what comes back - until you hear from them, do nothing.

Comment

Cabot Financial (Originally Halifax Credit Card)

20/09/2010: received letter(dated 03/09/2010) from Cabot saying they have been unable to supply the information
                        So that's that then - stop paying! Its already served it's default notice, they cannot fulfil your s.78 request which means well done - this is now UE and you can forget about it - they cannot do anything, they cannot take you to court or sod all.... not without an agreement

:UE

Comment

Wescot (Egg Credit Card)

21/09/2010: sent CCA request with additional letter to Wescot
                          If you've not already posted this letter then stop - don't do it! If you have, oh well too late now! ;D

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt
                            Wescot (Egg Credit Card)

21/09/2010: sent CCA request with additional letter to Wescot
                            If you've not already posted this letter then stop - don't do it! If you have, oh well too late now! ;D
                            Don't panic, I've not sent it yet. Was just trying to be efficient with my diary ;-y

I will now cancel all my DDs and will sit back and wait for all the threats to arrive on the doorstep. None of them have my new phone numbers so they have to harass me by letter

I will also request the latest Statutory Credit Report as well and will update you once I have the info to hand.

Many thanks for all your help so far. Much appreciated 2

Dave
                            Many thanks,

Dave

Comment

OK. Have contacted Experian for the Statutory Report and so just waiting for that to appear.

All 3 outstanding Standing Orders are now CANCELLED

Roll on the beginning of October when threatening letters will appear!!! 2
                              Many thanks,

Dave

Comment

Working...
                              X