GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script letsgetoutofde UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

letsgetoutofde UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• letsgetoutofde UE diary

Barclaycard CC (formerly Goldfish)

Opened 20/01/2005
    Balance £12000 (approx)
    Last Full Payment June 2005
    Paying DMP through CCCS stopped August 2011
    Defaulted 24/09/2008
    Owner is Barclaycard

22/08/11 CCA request Sent
    20/09/11 CCA followup request Sent
    21/10/11 Letter recieved from Barclaycard saying that they can't currently provide the documention.
    25/10/11 Letter dated same as above but arrived five days later saying the debt is to be sold.
    Last edited by letsgetoutofde; 5 August 2012, 20:34. Reason: Update

Re: letsgetoutofdebt UE help and diary

Egg Loan

Opened 22/12/2004
    Balance £1800 (approx)
    Last Full Payment May 2005

Defaulted June 2005
    Account is “managed by RMA”

23/08/11 Acknowledgement of letter account on hold
    Last edited by letsgetoutofde; 5 August 2012, 20:34. Reason: Update

Comment

Egg CC

Opened 2003
      Balance £3000
      Last Full Payment April 2005

Defaulted May 2005
      Apex Credit Management

23/08/11 Acknowledgement of letter account on hold
      Last edited by letsgetoutofde; 5 August 2012, 20:35. Reason: Update

Comment

Busy day tomorrow three CCA to be sent, two PPI claims and a phone call to stop my DMP. If I get time I might even contact the CRA's as they hold incorrect info regarding debts.

Comment

I received a letter today from barclaycard saying the address they have on record is different from the letter I supplied. If you wish to have the information please can you please supply your old and new address along with your account number and SIGNATURE. Your postal order has not been cashed and has been destroyed. Any ideas on what to do, obviously I wont be sending anything with my signature on but do I supply them with the info and why did they destroy the postal order when I asked for it to be returned. Thanks

Comment

Re: letsgetoutofdebt UE diary

Bumping your question up the board xx
            "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by letsgetoutofdebt View Post
              I received a letter today from barclaycard saying the address they have on record is different from the letter I supplied. If you wish to have the information please can you please supply your old and new address along with your account number and SIGNATURE. Your postal order has not been cashed and has been destroyed. Any ideas on what to do, obviously I wont be sending anything with my signature on but do I supply them with the info and why did they destroy the postal order when I asked for it to be returned. Thanks
              Were have they been sending your statements ?
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello,
                There is a letter on the UE template letters with reference a creditor requiring a signature. LINKY
                Read linky to see if it fits with your request for a CCA.....
                I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

What I'm trying to say here is if they have been sending you statements. then yes send this > Signature Request by Creditor/DCA

Comment

Hi LGOOD,

I2D is correct here. If you have been receiving statements from the creditor at your current address then they cannot demand a signature or as a reason for failing to respond to your request. The same applies to the Subject Access Request. Plus if you have legal representation then let me assure you they do not make these excuses to a solicitor and they are definitely a "third party" not at your address and nor do they "have" your signature as such.

Sharkleycard have an awful lot of unlawful documentation ( some pundits put it at over 75% of agreements) or they cannot find it and this is a delaying tactic hoping you will foolishly fall for it.

regards
                    Garlok

Comment

Just to add - that template is specific for DPA exclusion within s.78. As you're officially changing address they CAN ask for a signature as they'd compare before actioning.

However as they've been sending statements, as I2D and others have said, send the template but edit it to add "you already know of my change of address as you actioned this at the time; however suffice to say since you've been regularly sending statements to my current address I feel it's safe to assume you did action my request and have got confused somewhere along the lines. I do not wish to formally do anything at this stage other than obtain a copy of the alleged agreement, as my right in line with s.78 (cca 1974). Therefore, please deal with this request as necessary and send the documentation to the same address at the top of this letter, also the same as the statement address.

The fact you've destroyed the postal order is at your detriment as unfortunately you've as good as cashed it; being you must realise a postal order costs more than the face value, I am not therefore issuing another as I am satisfied payment has been made and accepted"....

Then put the template below - the above text is how you'd start the letter.
                      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Well....... they informed me back in 2008 when I lived in my old address that they would not be sending any more statements... I have sent them correspondence since I have been in my new address and they have replied. I have checked my credit report and the address they have on the account is my current address. Any thoughts... Thanks

Comment

Send the template as in2deep recommended--> #9

With Niddy's addition--> #11

Comment

Well....... they informed me back in 2008 when I lived in my old address that they would not be sending any more statements... I have sent them correspondence since I have been in my new address and they have replied. I have checked my credit report and the address they have on the account is my current address. Any thoughts... Thanks
                            Send this!
                            Dear Sirs,

Account No: XXXXXXXX

Thank you for your letter dated XX/XX/XXXX, the contents of which have been noted. In your letter you make reference to requiring my signed authorisation and also refuse to respond at my current address.

You already know of my change of address as you actioned this at the time; however suffice to say since you've been regularly sending statements to my current address I feel it's safe to assume you did action my request and have got confused somewhere along the lines. I do not wish to formally do anything at this stage other than obtain a copy of the alleged agreement, as my right in line with s.78 (cca 1974). Therefore, please deal with this request as necessary and send the documentation to the same address at the top of this letter, also the same as the statement address. Similarly, the address also reflects the one shown on my credit file.

The fact you've destroyed the postal order is at your detriment as unfortunately you've as good as cashed it; being you must realise a postal order costs more than the face value, I am not therefore issuing another as I am satisfied payment has been made and accepted

I'd like to draw your attention to the fact that the Consumer Credit Act 1974 does not require that I supply you a copy of my signature. If it is for Data Protection purposes then I can supply you with documentation to substantiate my identity to you. However, I note that to date you have happily sent statements and correspondence containing extensive sensitive private information to my address and so I have to ask, if you are so concerned that you are corresponding with the correct person why has it taken you so long to raise this?

As you are aware, disclosing data without adequate checks of identity is contrary to the 7th principal of Data Protection, listed in schedule 1 of the Data protection Act 1998:
                            7. Appropriate technical and organisational measures shall be taken against unauthorised or unlawful processing of personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, personal data.
                            I note that there is no provision that removes the requirements of the act to provide this information on time, even if you are unsure of my identity. As such, I look forward to receiving the documentation requested, within the next 14 days.

Yours faithfully

Sign digitally

I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for that... Sending tomorrow I will keep you updated.

Comment

Working...
                              X