GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script letsgetoutofde UE diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

letsgetoutofde UE diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: letsgetoutofdebt UE diary

Hi,

Any advice on which letters to send next.........

Barclays have said they can't find the cca and they are going to sell my debt, I thought Final Response - Unenforceability (No CCA Received).

The other two companies have gone quiet what should I send to them.

Thanks in advance...

Comment

I would suggest letting Barclays get on and sell the debt, it could be leverage in your favour later as they will be default of your CCA request having been unable to comply to it.

The quiet ones...leave them exactly like that, no need to be reminding them....if the ball is in their court, wait for them to follow up with their next move.

Good Luck
      Allan

Comment

I second what alland has said.

Just wait until they get in touch with you.
        Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

It's been a while, hope everyone is OK!
          I have been contacted by one of the creditors who state that they can not supply the CCA as requested but they want me to start paying again .
          I have a quick question I have moved house and they don't have my new address, do I
          a, Inform them
          b, Ignore them
          c, Something else
          They have my phone numbers so they keep ringing me and thats how they informed me of the situation.

Comment

Its a bit catch 22 they dont have a cca thats good, but they could issue proceedings at the previous address and get a ccj without you knowing I know you can get it set aside but thats hassle.
            Last edited by helmsman; 5 August 2012, 21:41.

Comment

Originally posted by letsgetoutofdebt View Post
              I have been contacted by one of the creditors who state that they can not supply the CCA as requested but they want me to start paying again
              any update... did you ignore the buggers?
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi,

No word from them, they kept promising to email me then a week or so later..... silence.

ARC (Europe) Ltd have also tried to contact me regarding a debt that they are trying to recover they state they are a "debt collection “agent”, acting in good faith on the instructions received from a “disclosed” principal" I asked them for a CCA which they sent for free . I checked this against your template and it is certainly unenforceable !

Everything is quiet which is great however I want to buy a house and I have all this outstanding... Any thoughts?

Comment

Help! Help! Help!

I have been contacted by one of my creditors and whilst on the phone the offered me the following deal... My parents have kindly offered me the amount but not for another month. I have asked the creditor to send me something in writting and they have issued the email below.. Should I proceed???? Is an email acceptable? Is there anything else I should ask them for? Your help and advice would be appreciated.

We would like to take this opportunity to confirm we are able to accept your settlement offer of £500.00 as a partial settlement on the above account.

Please be advised your first payment of £5.00 will need to reach your account no later than close of business today, 31st May 2013.

Your remaining instalment is due as follows;

£495.00 due 29th June 2013

Once these payments have been received, your account will be marked as closed and your credit file will be updated partially satisfied and all collection activity will cease.

We look forward to hearing from you in due course.

Comment

First of all, what are you doing talking to them on the phone?

Personally, I wouldn't touch their offer a) if they're making you an offer it probably means they haven't got an agreement that they can take you to court with b) it's only a partial settlement, not a full and final and c) they're trying to rush you.

Do you know if this is enforceable or UE?

I think you'll need to wait quite a bit longer before thinking of buying a house - for a start, you'll need a substantial deposit and, if you're considering borrowing £500 from your parents for this debt, you'll need to do some saving first.
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks for the advice

Firstly any thoughts of buying a house are well and truly gone, no longer a two wage household
                      !

So anyway I didn't pay!!!!!

I was working late so never got the
                      opportunity even if I wanted too, however I would like to get this monkey of my back. The account is UE and the default is long gone from my credit file (not that it matters).

The reason I talk to them on the phone is I didn't wish to receive any letters as my ex partner did not know anything about the situation and I wanted to keep it that way.

I have been contacted by the creditors since and they have said the offer may still be possible, if I can raise the funds by the end of the month. I would like to get this sorted and unlike most I have been offered the money by my very generous parents. Do you think I should ask them to mark my account as "settled" (confirmation in an email) and then agree?
                      Last edited by letsgetoutofde; 5 June 2013, 18:49.

Comment

if it's off your credit file, how long to SB?

and basically I agree with Pixie

Comment

When was the last time you paid anything on this alleged debt or acknowledged it in writing?

they have said the offer may still be possible, if I can raise the funds by the end of the month.
                          Yeah, my backside. The “offer” will be permanently available, as they know you're a mug and they've seen you coming. All of this false time pressure is just to try to speed up the kill.

Do you think I should ask them to mark my account as "settled" (confirmation in an email) and then agree?
                          No.

SH

Comment

Haha

Last payment was august 2011.....

Comment

if you've got other debts, there is nothing to gain from paying this one off

it's not going to help your file and you don't need a mortgage in the immediate future, and I agree with SH as well!!!

Comment

Re: letsgetoutofde UE diary

Would not trust them an inch. Once you pay, they will start chasing for the balance, you will have reset time to Statute barred. Ignore them, and DO NOT ANSWER THE PHONE to them.
                                Last edited by IF; 23 April 2014, 08:46.

Comment

Working...
                                X