GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Maui Jim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maui Jim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maui Jim's UE Diary

A brief intro about me. I was doing okay until accident and then payments spiralled out of control. I foolishly borrowed on CCs and this caused my downfall. Also, bank pulled plug on overdraft and this means I had to get new account. I did call CCCS and they advised £1 per month which I started December 2010. I have many CC debts but currently due to illness and to stop me getting more ill I am trying to deal with just Capital One. I promise all I will add the other CC debts but please bear with me as this is a difficult time for me and I want to save my sanity.

Capital One

• Type of account Credit card

• Date commenced Unsure of exact date but definitely before Apr 2007

• Approx balance £11,000

• Date last paid November 2010

• Are you on arrangement or not paying £1 per month

• Status In arrears

• Account owner DCA Bryan Carter Solicitors & Freds

• Additional Info They are trying to add interest of £900, Court Fees of £190 Solicitor Costs £100 Total is now approx £12200
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Re: Maui Jim's UE Diary

First steps

I had many letters from various DCAs. I was already looking at this forum and at MSE and had taken advice from CCCS. I also had many phone calls and these were making me very more ill. I used a template letter from MSE and insisted all correspondence was only in writing. This didn't really help and they kept calling me. I blocked anonymous calls but that didn't work so I change my number.

4/7/2011 I wrote to Bryan Carters using the CCA request template from here

11/7/2011 Letter from Freds. They say the account has been handed back to the client and the account put on hold

13/7/2011. Another letter this time from Bryan Carters. They send me a cheque for £1 as they are unable to provide the CCA. I have copied verbatim what they have written in the letter. It made me smile

"We thank you for your letter of 4/7/2011 the content has been noted. We are unable to provide the documents you have requested and return your £1.00 fee. Our client requires the cardholder's signature on the CCA request (Yeah right ) in order to proceed. Please forward your request directly to our client with fee and signature at the following address."

My thought
    From my limited knowledge may I think they are going to struggle as they do not have my signature on a CCA?
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
      First steps

I had many letters from various DCAs. I was already looking at this forum and at MSE and had taken advice from CCCS. I also had many phone calls and these were making me very more ill. I used a template letter from MSE and insisted all correspondence was only in writing. This didn't really help and they kept calling me. I blocked anonymous calls but that didn't work so I change my number.

4/7/2011 I wrote to Bryan Carters using the CCA request template from here

11/7/2011 Letter from Freds. They say the account has been handed back to the client and the account put on hold

13/7/2011. Another letter this time from Bryan Carters. They send me a cheque for £1 as they are unable to provide the CCA. I have copied verbatim what they have written in the letter. It made me smile

"We thank you for your letter of 4/7/2011 the content has been noted. We are unable to provide the documents you have requested and return your £1.00 fee. Our client requires the cardholder's signature on the CCA request (Yeah right ) in order to proceed. Please forward your request directly to our client with fee and signature at the following address."

My thought
      From my limited knowledge may I think they are going to struggle as they do not have my signature on a CCA?
      If they do not have a CCA then why are they asking for a signature?

However to appease this and for clarity, you can either send the cheque and request to the DCA or you can send this, with the original request and cheque, back to Bryan Carter: CCA Request - Demand of Signature by Creditor
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Should I send the letter to Bryan Carters using Recorded Delivery again? I will return the cheque with my original request to Carters together with the template letter you suggested.

sigpic

Comment

Should I send the letter to Bryan Carters using Recorded Delivery again? I will return the cheque with my original request to Carters together with the template letter you suggested.
          Just print one of those templates and send it with the original request and the original cheque in the normal post or recorded - up to you really (recorded is safer and provides proof you DID re-send it)
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

I sent them a £1 PO first time but they sent me a cheque for £1.00.SHould I just send a new £1 PO or simply return their cheque?

sigpic

Comment

I sent them a £1 PO first time but they sent me a cheque for £1.00.SHould I just send a new £1 PO or simply return their cheque?
              return their own cheque and tell them you do not have a bank account to pay it into thus you sent a PO in the first place!

Comment

Update

13/7/11 Letter sent 1st class recorded to Bryan Carters returning their cheque and resubmitting the original CCA. Also included the template letter from here CCA Request - Demand of Signature by Creditor

I will post another update when I get a reply.

PS. Is this correct or should I add this to my opening diary page?

sigpic

Comment

Update

13/7/11 Letter sent 1st class recorded to Bryan Carters returning their cheque and resubmitting the original CCA. Also included the template letter from here CCA Request - Demand of Signature by Creditor

I will post another update when I get a reply.

PS. Is this correct or should I add this to my opening diary page?
                  This is perfect - thanks. Keep us updated

Comment

MBNA (Virgin)

Okay folks here is the next one I have to deal with. These people were probably the most unhelpful of them all. I had letters from lots of different people all with different addresses at MBNA. They would not listen at all and even insisted on a psychiatric report to confirm my illness.
                    • Approx balance £16,000

• Status In arrears
                    • Account owner MBNA

Additional Info
                    14/07/2011 Letter from Head of Recovery and Risk. It says my agreement has been terminated. I will no longer receive statements and we have registered a default at the credit reference agencies. They list 3 options in the letter
                    1. Sale of debt
                    2. Placement of Debt
                    3. Litigation.

So what should I do next folks?

My thoughts Do nothing, the ball is now in their court and I should wait to see what their next move is. I can then ask you good folks what to send template wise according to how they move next; Yes or No?
                    Last edited by mauijim; 14 July 2011, 11:56. Reason: Spelling

sigpic

Comment

MBNA (Virgin)

Okay folks here is the next one I have to deal with. These people were probably the most unhelpful of them all. I had letters from lots of different people all with different addresses at MBNA. They would not listen at all and even insisted on a psychiatric report to confirm my illness.

• Approx balance £16,000

• Status In arrears

• Account owner MBNA
                      • Additional Info
                      14/07/2011 Letter from Head of Recovery and Risk. It says my agreement has been terminated. I will no longer receive statements and we have registered a default at the credit reference agencies. They list 3 options in the letter
                      1. Sale of debt
                      2. Placement of Debt
                      3. Litigation.
                      So what should I do next folks?

My thoughts Do nothing, the ball is now in their court and I should wait to see what their next move is. I can then ask you good folks what to send template wise according to how they move next; Yes or No?
                      Just ignore for now see what they send next
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                        Just ignore for now see what they send next
                        Yep spot on

Comment

Barclaycard

Well like buses I wait for one and then three come along. This morning I had a letter from Credit Solutions Limited.
                          • Approx balance £9,000

• Status In arrears but letter from DCA says IN DEFAULT
                          • Account owner DCA - Credit Solutions acting as agent?

25/01/11 Letter from Barclaycard accepting £1 per month payment
                          15/7/11 Letter received from Credit Solutions informing me I had not complied with the default notice from Barclaycard. Letter asks me to phone them or it could result in A debt collector calling at my home or County Court Claim

I have no default notice from Barclaycard. I have searched through the letters from them and it is not there. Of course I could have misplaced it.

What next kind folks?
                          Last edited by mauijim; 15 July 2011, 10:02.

sigpic

Comment

Barclaycard

Well like buses I wait for one and then three come along. This morning I had a letter from Credit Solutions Limited.
                            • Approx balance £9,000
                            • Status In arrears but letter from DCA says IN DEFAULT
                            • Account owner DCA - Credit Solutions acting as agent?
                            25/01/11 Letter from Barclaycard accepting £1 per month payment
                            15/7/11 Letter received from Credit Solutions informing me I had not complied with the default notice from Barclaycard. Letter asks me to phone them or it could result in A debt collector calling at my home or County Court Claim

I have no default notice from Barclaycard. I have searched through the letters from them and it is not there. Of course I could have misplaced it.

What next kind folks?
                            Just ignore... they will be back in contact
                            I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Update
                              16/7/11 Letter from Carters with the same cheque. Basically they have totally ignored what I wrote and ignored the CCA Request - Demand of Signature by Creditor

What should I do next?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X