GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Maui Jim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maui Jim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maui Jim's UE Diary

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
    This is simply terms, ie it is

Respond with ---> CCA Query - Terms & Conditions Received
    Cheers mate that is good news.

I did PM you a few times but didn't want to turn into a stalker! All is well that ends well
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
      Cheers mate that is good news.

I did PM you a few times but didn't want to turn into a stalker! All is well that ends well
      ahem, apologies - sometimes you need to keep on at me and I will sort it.......
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

UPDATE

02/12/11 I posted the template CCA Query - Terms & Conditions Received First class "Signed For" to Barclaycard as advised. I will update you if I get a reply.
        Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Update for Barclaycard

06/12/11 A letter from Barclaycard saying "the account was assigned and transferred to MKDP LLP"

It then continues

"MKDPP LLP has appointed MKRR as their servicing agent to manage your account on their behalf"

It seems to me that MKDPP and MKRR are simply part of Barclaycard, even this letter was sent on Barclaycard headed paper.

Is this the classic "account sold whilst in dispute" or wait and see what comes next?

Cheers

MJ

sigpic

Comment

No mate they are not part of Barclaycard, MKDPP LLP are debt purchasers and from what you have said they purchased the debt and it has been assigned in Absolute. MKRR are really just the collections arm of MKDPP if you see what I mean.

The paperwork as I see from Niddy's comments above is UE, so no panics, just sit and wait what they have got to say for themselves and which way they are going to go. As always, no phones, writing only, keep all paperwork. Once they have made contact formally to collect we can move on to "Sold in Dispute" etc.

regards
            Garlok

Comment

Cheers Garlok

Glad to realise I am not singing from a different hymn sheet. I thought it was a case of wait and see what they send.

I did some quick research and it seems these people buy all the dregs where no enforcement can be made.

I won't be speaking to them so rest assured they will get nothing from me!

MJ

sigpic

Comment

Must be that time of the month for Barclays - I received the same letter today, exactly word for word!

Comment

Barclays and Barclaycard rarely if ever do their own dirty work if Mercers and Calders haven't brought you to heel. Despite their criminal tendencies they like to lay claim to the moral high ground and when you fight back they put you through the mill out of malice and vindictiveness and then sell it on to some lower form of life allowing them to claim against their tax liabilities. They cannot be ever be seen to be bad boys and girls. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!

regards
                  Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by Drowning Not Waving View Post
                    Must be that time of the month for Barclays - I received the same letter today, exactly word for word!
                    Did you mean to suggest that their intelligence had bled away?
                    Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 7 December 2011, 17:14.

Comment

perhaps I should've said time of year - I was thinking more of getting rid of those of us who could potentially be a thorn in their side before they spent their bonuses on Xmas parties!

Comment

Well they won't get anything from me so there will no Xmas bonus gleaned from my account

sigpic

Comment

Update..new demand from Arvato Limited

I know this is probably in the wrong section but I wanted to keep it in my diary.

They are demanding payment of £70 for internet charge and £15 legal fee for a total of £85. This is beyond a joke TBH because they are just trying it on IMHO.

I had some internet domains registered with these cowboys but when I fell ill I decided to cancel them. I sent them an e-mail and they said I must log in to my control panel and follow the cancellation procedure. I duly did this and they sent me an e-mail with a confirmation link which completed the process. I clicked the link but they do not send you a confirmation. I assumed it was cancelled having followed the procedure but I was wrong. They wrote to me saying they could not collect the money - of course they couldn't, I cancelled my DD at the same time I cancelled the account.

I emailed their complaints department and they said I had not clicked the final link in the e-mail which was utter nonsense. I then went back in and did it all over again prior to the renewal time. They still wrote to me and said the same thing which again was utter nonsense. Then they said I had to pay because they had already raised the invoice and couldn't (wouldn't) cancel it. This seems unreal and also an unfair term of contract?

This morning I had an e-mail from Arvato and a letter saying pay up or else.

I Googled them and it seems I am not alone, there are many people suffering the same thing! It also shows that Arvato are just a collection department and belong to 1&1

Any thoughts? I am just going to ignore them unless you guys say otherwise!

sigpic

Comment

Update RBS

09/12/11 Letter received from Green & Co Solicitors, Telford. Our client Triton Service acting for RBS have instructed us to collect We may do this

I will now make an apology to all AAD forumites. I need to request a CCA from these people.

I just wanted to update my diary and ask to whom should I post the CCA to? As I know Triton and Green & Co are likely to return my request reneging on their responsibility should I simply send it to RBS direct?

Cheers

MJ

sigpic

Comment

Update Crap West Credit Card

09/12/11 Letter received from Green & Co Solicitors, Telford. Our client Triton Service acting for RBS have instructed us to collect We may do this

I will now make an apology to all AAD forumites. I need to request a CCA from these people.

I just wanted to update my diary and ask to whom should I post the CCA to? As I know Triton and Green & Co are likely to return my request reneging on their responsibility should I simply send it to Crap West direct?

Cheers

MJ

sigpic

Comment

You send the CCA request to whoever is writing to you at the time. They may claim otherwise but it's upto them to then request it from the original creditor.

Comment

Working...
                                X