GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Maui Jim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maui Jim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Maui Jim's UE Diary

UPDATE

22/07/11 Another standard BS letter from Freds. "We have referred the matter to our client blah blah blah"

Perhaps they are hoping to force me to post so many letters that it costs me a fortune in stamps
    Last edited by mauijim; 22 July 2011, 09:35. Reason: Spelling
    Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
      UPDATE

22/07/11 Another standard BS letter from Freds. "We have referred the matter to our client blah blah blah"

Perhaps they are hoping to force me to post so many letters that it costs me a fortune in stamps

Just ignore and see what happens
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Barclaycard...update

30/07/11 Letter received from Power2Contact. "We have been instructed by our client to VISIT YOUR ADDRESS TO COLLECT THE ABOVE DEBT"

Should I ignore them or send Threat of doorstep visit
        Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Barclaycard...update

30/07/11 Letter received from Power2Contact. "We have been instructed by our client to VISIT YOUR ADDRESS TO COLLECT THE ABOVE DEBT"

Should I ignore them or send Threat of doorstep visit
          Yes just send that Link > Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit
          I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

P2C usually go away sharpish when letters are sent back like I2D has suggested. And I believe those laws are about to be further reinforced by the new trespass legislation.

Now where is my 12bore?

Garlok

Comment

Update: 01/08/11 Letter Harassment & Threat of Doorstep-Visit posted to Power2Contact 1st Class recorded.

Lights blue touch paper and retires to safe distance

sigpic

Comment

Barclaycard...the story thus far.

This has been a strange one and I thought I would add some more info.

Barclaycard always calling me so on the last call I complained that 27 calls in one day was harassment. This was Xmas Eve!

11/12/10 Letter to Barclaycard offering £1 token payments
                30/12/10 Letter to confirm correspondence in writing only and to insist number is removed from system due to harassment
                25/01/11 Letter from Barclaycard accepting my £1 token payments. I have not missed a payment since but should I now cancel them?
                25/01/11 Letter from Barclaycard saying £1 payment unacceptable and denial of harassment. Totally contradicts other letter accepting £1 token payment.
                27/03/11 Letter from Mercers stating "Default Notice served under section 87(i) of Consumer Credit Act 1974". Ignored
                1/07/11 Letter from Barclaycard "Formal demand for payment" adding I had not complied with the Default Notice. Ignored.
                13/07/11 Letter from Credit Solutions* with usual threat of potential doorstep visit or county court claim. Ignored.

*Credit Solutions appear to be Power2Contact and vice versa

Last edited by mauijim; 1 August 2011, 11:58. Reason: Extra info

sigpic

Comment

Barclaycard...the story thus far.

This has been a strange one and I thought I would add some more info.

Barclaycard always calling me so on the last call I complained that 27 calls in one day was harassment. This was Xmas Eve!

11/12/10 Letter to Barclaycard offering £1 token payments
                  30/12/10 Letter to confirm correspondence in writing only and to insist number is removed from system due to harassment
                  25/01/11 Letter from Barclaycard accepting my £1 token payments. I have not missed a payment since but should I now cancel them?
                  25/01/11 Letter from Barclaycard saying £1 payment unacceptable and denial of harassment. Totally contradicts other letter accepting £1 token payment.
                  27/03/11 Letter from Mercers stating "Default Notice served under section 87(i) of Consumer Credit Act 1974". Ignored
                  1/07/11 Letter from Barclaycard "Formal demand for payment" adding I had not complied with the Default Notice. Ignored.
                  13/07/11 Letter from Credit Solutions* with usual threat of potential doorstep visit or county court claim. Ignored.

*Credit Solutions appear to be Power2Contact and vice versa

have you sent a cca request on this?
                  I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by in 2 deep View Post
                    have you sent a cca request on this?
                    I haven't sent a CCA request on this Should I send one out to Mercers?

sigpic

Comment

Mercers are a wholly owned dormant company of Barclaycard themselves. (in house thuggery). I would be inclined to send the s78 request to BC Northampton. You won't get it more than likely just some cooked up T & Cs covered by a letter telling you that they have complied in full.

Also a letter to Mercers telling them in writing only you will not converse on any financial matter on the telephone.

I2D will have the relevant template at his fingertips. But I'll go and have a look.

regards
                      Garlok

Comment

Originally posted by garlok View Post
                        Mercers are a wholly owned dormant company of Barclaycard themselves. (in house thuggery). I would be inclined to send the s78 request to BC Northampton. You won't get it more than likely just some cooked up T & Cs covered by a letter telling you that they have complied in full.

Also a letter to Mercers telling them in writing only you will not converse on any financial matter on the telephone.

I2D will have the relevant template at his fingertips. But I'll go and have a look.

regards
                        Garlok
                        Hi Garlok

I hope you are well my friend?

I have today posted the phone harassment letter 1st Class recorded to Power2Contact as they are the ones threatening a visit. I changed my phone number because I was sick of the calls and some ignored the letters. It just seemed the easiest thing to do.

MJ

sigpic

Comment

I haven't sent a CCA request on this Should I send one out to Mercers?
                          send this to Mercers CCA Request Lets see what they send back

Comment

Hi MJ,

Ticking along OK thanks. Good to see you about on the forums and getting on top of your original problems. Hang in there as they say.

Thanks I2D, I have a blockage about Mercers as they are dormant and blast all my correspondence direct to the "Directors Office" at Northampton. However sols sent Mercers a stroppy desist and bogoff letter. No response of course only an unlawful termination from Calders. Which is good really as they have now shot themselves again in the foot.

I will admit to having sport on the telephone with them for a while and really getting rude and insulting when they did, like "go and speak to an adult who reads at least Jack and Jill level, what do you not understand about the word NO! You would speak less bovine excreta if you bent over and shoved your head through your own anal sphincter muscle etc". One dummy even asked what an anal sphincter muscle was.

But there you go no acccounting for taste and perhaps we should not mock the afflicted.

regards
                            Garlok

Comment

03/08/11 CCA request with £1 PO sent 1st Class Recorded to Mercers.

£1.50 for a £1.00 PO - nice work if you can get it
                              Last edited by mauijim; 3 August 2011, 14:28.

sigpic

Comment

Hi to all

As I am following the UE route and all but 2 are accepting £1 payments and leaving me in peace, should I cancel the £1 token payments?

Thanks

MJ
                                Last edited by mauijim; 3 August 2011, 14:51. Reason: Grammar

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X