GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Maui Jim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maui Jim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maui Jim's UE Diary

Originally posted by pompeyfaith View Post
    Proves the point that none of this is personal and they throw them letters together a dozen at a time.
    It just goes to show what a bunch of incompetent they are. I wonder how many others we don't know anything about may have opened similarly empty envelopes?

Comment

Originally posted by mauijim View Post
      I have seen it all now! This morning I had a reply from Tryiton but it was just an empty envelope....there was nothing inside!
      Their threats are usually empty anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by oldyboy View Post
        It just goes to show what a bunch of incompetent they are. I wonder how many others we don't know anything about may have opened similarly empty envelopes?
        I wonder how many other letters as well as Jim's were sent to someone else.

Comment

Send them an empty cardboard box by way of a reply - and don't put sufficient postage on it.

Comment

I'm waiting for the next letter which will probably say "we recently wrote to you but are disappointed that we have yet to receive a reply!"

Reminds me of the old joke..."Dad the invisible man is at the door"......"Tell him I can't see him!"

I'm here all week!
            Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Update Arvato

07/01/12 I missed this letter this morning, at least the envelope wasn't empty. These people are still asking for payment but I have no intention of paying. They include the usual blurb about
              • Instructing Solicitors
              • In an appropriate case arrange a Doorstep visit
              I'm not sure what constitutes an appropriate case

I cancelled before the new contract period was due but they claimed I did not click the link in the confirmation e-mail. That is bollocks and the pain is that you don't get a response when you click on the link. I then did it all again and once again there was no response from 1&1. They say that once they have raised an invoice (usually 1 month early) you must pay it even if you cancel your internet service!

Having looked up these crafty bar stewards it appears that their cancellation policy is the subject of derision from many corners of the world. I also read that basically their policy is an unfair contract term. Other people are saying that this is based on German contract law and has no legal standing in the UK.

Should I ignore or send the "Doorstep threat" template?
              Last edited by diddlydee; 7 January 2012, 17:08. Reason: Made the "Arvato" clicky for ease of reference
              Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

Update Arvato

07/01/12 I missed this letter this morning, at least the envelope wasn't empty. These people are still asking for payment but I have no intention of paying.
                What domain registries were involved?

Comment

Update RBS

06/01/12 Letter from RBS. It's the usual blurb but they have returned my £1 PO with a check list attached. The usual reason - "We need your signature"

I will send the template "Demand of Signature"

One of the items on the checklist that was ticked as a reason for being unable to comply with my request is

Request received and payment is included

What's that all about? It shows how poor these people can be!!
                  I had a devious thought last night, should I send back a request with a made up signature? My concern would be how a judge, if in the very unlikely event it reached that stage, would view my deliberate false signature?

Perhaps I should send it back with the "Demand of Signature" template and digitally sign it?

MJ

sigpic

Comment

Update Crap West Credit Card

09/01/12 I had a reply from Crap West and they included my CCA and some other blurb. It does have my signature on it but I'll be honest and say I can never remember signing it. This looks enforceable to me but will upload later for Niddy to cast his eye over it.

sigpic

Comment

I had a devious thought last night, should I send back a request with a made up signature? My concern would be how a judge, if in the very unlikely event it reached that stage, would view my deliberate false signature?

Perhaps I should send it back with the "Demand of Signature" template and digitally sign it?

MJ
                      If this helps MJ, my explanation to a judge on made-up sigs would be I did not want to give my proper sig, as I had reasonable suspicion to fear that it may be used fraudulently.

Comment

Update RBS

13/1/12 Letter from Shoosmiths Solicitors of Northampton saying they have have been asked to manage the debt by RBS.

This seems very strange but has probably been caused by me writing to RBS and asking for my CCA. They replied asking for my signature so I wrote back 09/01/12 with the "Demand of Signature" template.

I've not heard back due to the lack of time but it appears they are hoping a solicitor's letter will add some weight to their threats. There is also a quote that says "We will deal with your DMC or the CAB but we will need your written authority" Perhaps I am being cynical here but surely this is an attempt to obtain my signature.

What would you suggest next?

Thanks

MJ
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by mauijim; 13 January 2012, 12:31.

sigpic

Comment

Thank you. Where is the second page?

As regards the signature, you could use your non-writing hand, or get a friend (if you have one) to sign it, or download a script font such as John Lennon (link) and, having selected a suitable size (28pt or 36pt, say) print your name in that font using dark blue ink:
                          Attached Files
                          Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 13 January 2012, 17:01.

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post

As regards the signature, you could use your non-writing hand, or get a friend (if you have one) to sign it, or download a script font such as John Lennon (link) and, having selected a suitable size (28pt or 36pt, say) print your name in that font using dark blue ink:
                            Also, if you have a later version of Windows or MS Office, there should be a font called Segoe Script already on your computer that looks like this

and which could be used to sign off as Billy Blob or such?

Comment

Originally posted by CleverClogs View Post

The second page contains nothing of interest so I didn't bother uploading it.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pip View Post
                                Also, if you have a later version of Windows or MS Office, there should be a font called Segoe Script already on your computer that looks like this
                                Also from here - link
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by CleverClogs (RIP); 13 January 2012, 18:03.

Comment

Working...
                                X