GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Maui Jim's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maui Jim's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Warwick65 View Post
    I have not heard of RBS actually instigating court action (they usually sell and let the big bad debt purchaser so that).
    The bar stewards took me to court about an overdraft

Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mauijim View Post

The bar stewards took me to court about an overdraft
      How very restrained of you . Thank god Santander never bothered - now that one is SB but they still keep sending me annual statements.

Comment

UPDATE 01/07/2021
        Nat Pest Visa (£4.5K) and RBS MasterCard (£11.5K)

I am back to get advice about the credit card debts I have with RBS/Nat Pest. I don't expect anyone to read through my diary

. . . Every year they write to me and demand payment in full or an increased amount. I send back my SOA, and they settle for £1 per month for the next year. That exchange started again but at six-monthly intervals. My health took a serious nosedive in January 2021, and it's still poor.

We asked RBS for help as our mortgage is with them. Once again, they must bear a grudge because they offered nothing! So I want to fight back against these awful people, and my credit card debt is one way.

Golly, I can see the last time I posted on your Diary thread was in August 2014

It's definitely time to put a stop to these people.

I'm sorry you're not well at the moment but maybe NatWest will take a different view of the situation once they realise you may be vulnerable with a health issue. They should certainly help you with a mortgage holiday etc.

You've sent the two(?) new CCA Requests for the credit cards so wait to see what comes back before doing anything else about those.

From memory your court claim was settled with a payment of £1 per month which would take 78 years or more to clear (if I've got that right).

Di

Comment

• Originally posted by PlanB View Post

From memory your court claim was settled with a payment of £1 per month which would take 78 years or more to clear (if I've got that right).

Di
          These two never made it to court. They have supplied one CCA for Nat Pest Visa, but say the one for the RBS MasterCard is not available. They gave this information following an exchange of emails. To keep it above board, should I send an S78 request for both?

Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue. I currently spend too many days as the statue......but thanks to this site not as many as I used to!

sigpic

Comment

UPDATE 01/07/2021
            Nat Pest Visa (£4.5K) and RBS MasterCard (£11.5K)

I fought them for years and refused to yield because they could not provide CCAs for either account. Sadly, they found a CCA for both accounts, so I paid £1 per month.

. . . . I informally asked for copies of my CCA; don't worry, I will issue an S78 letter to keep it legal. The reply suggests they do not have a copy of the RBS MasterCard, but the Visa copy is in the post.

I've just noticed that you said years ago they found the credit agreements for both of these debts. Did you ask Niddy for his opinion on enforceablility at the time?

Did you send a formal CCA Request with the £1 statutory fee for each one at the time, or were these "informally asked for" by email?

Or do you mean your email request was recent?

Depending on your answers it may/may not be wise to send new CCA Requests.

Di

Comment

• CCA Request = only use if advised by Planb
              I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

I've just noticed that you said years ago they found the credit agreements for both of these debts. Did you ask Niddy for his opinion on enforceability at the time?

Did you send a formal CCA Request with the £1 statutory fee for each one at the time, or were these "informally asked for" by email?

Or do you mean your email request was recent?

Depending on your answers it may/may not be wise to send new CCA Requests.

Di

Please, accept my apology for the tardy reply. We now have COVID at home, so the whole family is isolating. Thankfully, we are fully vaccinated, but it shows you can still catch it!

I've just noticed that you said years ago they found the credit agreements for both of these debts. Did you ask Niddy for his opinion on enforceability at the time? At the time, Niddy said they looked legitimate, but the other concern was my signature; it looked too perfect. They went from not finding it for several years to locating them when the sh*t hit the fan, and it looked likely I would not face more requests for payment. N.B. My opinion at that time was they had "faked" it; that opinion could be wide of the mark! Niddy asked if I was confident as it appeared to be legit; I wasn't 100% and am still not!

Did you send a formal CCA Request with the £1 statutory fee for each one at the time, or were these "informally asked for" by email? My current situation arose from a general email conversation. When they asked me to send another SOA and other details, I explained nothing had changed but added that the CAB (white lie) suggested I obtain copies of the CCAs. They replied that I could have the Nat Pest one, but the RBS was too old and therefore unavailable. I no longer write to creditors on paper unless there is no email option. I have a paper copy of the Nat Pest CCA, and it looks like the version I received many years ago.

Or do you mean your email request was recent? Yes, their letter requesting an updated SOA arrived in May, and I contacted them via email. I explained there was no change in my financial status but added I was severely ill, there was no prospect of employment, and they could whistle Dixie; in a polite way. I then added a request for a copy of the CCAs.

Update: The bar stewards provide our mortgage facility, and this is often alluded to in their comments, especially when I plead with them to reduce or write off the debt. We have two years left on the mortgage. My wife has received funds from a will which means we have sufficient money to settle the mortgage entirely. At least that releases us from the pressure they always apply!

Thanks
                Last edited by mauijim; 7 July 2021, 11:31. Reason: Grammar

sigpic

Comment

We now have COVID at home, so the whole family is isolating. Thankfully, we are fully vaccinated

. . . their letter requesting an updated SOA arrived in May, and I contacted them via email. I explained there was no change in my financial status but added I was severely ill, there was no prospect of employment, and they could whistle Dixie; in a polite way. I then added a request for a copy of the CCAs

. . . We have two years left on the mortgage. My wife has received funds from a will which means we have sufficient money to settle the mortgage entirely. At least that releases us from the pressure they always apply!

I'm sorry to hear about the Covid-19 situation, but pleased your family is fully vaccinated so hopefully the isolation will not be too bothersome since there's plenty of football and tennis to watch

Your two formal s77-79 CCA Requests can wait unless they start to threaten legal action - hopefully not under the circumstances.

Di

Comment

I'm sorry to hear about the Covid-19 situation, but pleased your family is fully vaccinated so hopefully the isolation will not be too bothersome since there's plenty of football and tennis to watch

Your two formal s77-79 CCA Requests can wait unless they start to threaten legal action - hopefully not under the circumstances.

Di
                    Should I keep paying £1 per month on both accounts?

sigpic

Comment

Should I keep paying £1 per month on both accounts?

I don't see why not if that keeps them off your back for the time being since £24 per year is not a lot for the peace and quiet you need while you deal with your health issues etc.

I haven't looked back at your thread to see the total 'owed' (debatable ) on these two debts so can you post that up-to-date info.

Enjoy your weekend.

Di

Comment

I don't see why not if that keeps them off your back for the time being since £24 per year is not a lot for the peace and quiet you need while you deal with your health issues etc.

I haven't looked back at your thread to see the total 'owed' (debatable ) on these two debts so can you post that up-to-date info.

Enjoy your weekend.

Di
                        Good evening Di,

The Nat Pest Visa is £5000, and the RBS MasterCard is £11,600. I will keep the £2 payment alive.

It upsets me because I found an old letter from Nat Pest in which they apologise for the stress they have caused and accept the ruling of FCA. I complained about their underhand methods and won the minor battle. To further quote their letter, they say, "rest assured we will not put a charge against your home!" A whole month later, they put a charge on my home! That is why I have nothing but contempt for them.

I will enjoy my weekend and hope the football team can finally bring it home.

I hope you also have an enjoyable weekend.

MJ

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X