GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script HFC visa - Westcot\Arrow Global - Account now CLOSED - - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HFC visa - Westcot\Arrow Global - Account now CLOSED -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HFC visa - Westcot\Arrow Global - Account now CLOSED -

HFC Bank visa card
    started >10 years ago I think (will need cca to confirm this)
    balance as of November 1 2012 - £1701.31
    can't remember last full payment date, possibly early 2000'ies
    on arrangement @ £10 per month
    account owner is wescot\arrow global
    received statement of account as at 01/10/2010 as required by consumer credit act.
    received nothing else until 11/3/2013, from arrow global, due to 'change of company name', stating the balance outstanding a at 1/11/2012.
    not received any further statements of account since then. just keep sending my £10 payment to wescot.
    would like this mob out of my life asap, so going down the UE route to see what they have regarding this account.
    need advice on whether I keep making payments if they do not respond timely to my cca request letter(not sent yet)
    Also, my Experian credit report dated 28/01/2013 showed an HFC loan account type started 3/10/2007, settled 26/03/2008 @£6 over 48 months. No account number given.
    I honestly don't remember ever taking a loan out with HFC at that time. Probably a faked entry to jazz up my credit score.
    thanks in advance.

Re: HFC visa - Westcot\Arrow Global

I think it's definitely time to escape this albatross around your neck. You'be been paying this debt for long enough. Any credit card which started in 2004 has the potential to be unenforceable.

Send the CCA request using our latest template which you'll find here:

http://www.all-about-debt.co.uk/inde...22-cca-request

These template letters are on the main website which you have to register for separately. This is how you do that:

http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...l=1#post390479

Comment

cca request sent, recorded delivery, 20/10.

Comment

No response to date, so unenforceability threat letter sent today, recorded delivery.

Comment

Well, there appears to be some letter overlap...
          Got a response this morning from Arrow stating they had received my cca request on 31/10 and obviously deny they are original creditor but will assist on obtaining documentation from originating creditor and suspend all collection activity pending provision of docs.
          Even returned my £1 postal order.
          Correspondence address is now a PO box in Manchester, instead of Hull.

Comment

that's fine, let's hope it takes an age

Comment

No response as yet, so Final Demand letter sent, recorded delivery.

Comment

really I wouldn't be poking them, they will send one of these letters every month until they cobble something together, then they'll insist it's good, then we'll say it's not

this is how it goes, if they aren't threatening, just chill, that's how you get to SB

Comment

Well, good news I hope.
                  Got a letter from Wescot this morning stating they had been instructed by the client to withdraw the account and no further contact would be received from Wescot regarding this matter, balance £0.
                  Many thanks to all on this site for their help.

Comment

That definitely sounds like good news sdizzy
                    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi, just checking if all is OK?

Best wishes
                      IF
                      "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Originally posted by IF View Post
                        Hi, just checking if all is OK?

Best wishes
                        IF
                        Yes thanks.
                        No further action since they closed the account.
                        Sorry, I haven't been online much since then.
                        Please feel free to close the post or whatever is required.
                        Many thanks

sdizzy

Comment

Originally posted by sdizzy View Post
                          Yes thanks.
                          No further action since they closed the account.
                          Sorry, I haven't been online much since then.
                          Please feel free to close the post or whatever is required.
                          Many thanks

sdizzy
                          I'm so pleased sdizzy , you've heard no more and the account is now closed.......I do love good news on AAD, I've changed the title to the thread

All the best
                          IF
                          "If wishes were horses, beggars would ride"

Comment

Great news sdizzy
                            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thanks Pixie, I'm baaaaaaack. sorry for my long time response, might need some advice on a new matter. like the new layout, but how do i create a new post ?

Comment

Working...
                              X