GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script DaisyBell's UE Diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DaisyBell's UE Diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DaisyBell's UE Diary

Hi, This is the current situation on the Wescot/Sainsburys saga:

Sainsburys Credit Card opened in Aug 2004

Approx bal: £2,400

Last full Payment: Aug 2011

Reduced payments of £25 since then, stopped last month to go down possible UE route.

Status as of 30/04/12 : Late payment.

Account owner : think it is still Sainsburys, but they are using Wescot to collect payments. Haven't paid Wescot anything yet.

18th May - sent CCA request to Sainsburys

]19th May - Red letter from Wescot

22nd May sent Account in Dispute letter to Wescot

29th May - Sainsburys replied with CCA,

Papers sent to Niddy, who thinks agreement is enforceable

2nd June Letter from Wescot suspending all collection activities whilst the matter is under investigation.

Will wait and see what happens next!
    Last edited by Flowerpower; 18 June 2012, 14:19. Reason: Can't spell!

DaisyBell's UE Diary

Have now received a letter from Halifax, who I assume administer the Sainsbury credit cards, because the address is the same, asking for information, as they say they cannot trace the account. They enclose a copy of the 'Account in dispute' letter that I sent to Wescot. They want to know the account number, full address details, any change of name, date of birth and date account opened. Obviously the letter to Wescot had the Wescot reference number which is a different number to the original card number. Can I ignore this letter, as Niddy has already said the account looks enforceable? It also says 'enclosed is your payment', only it wasn't, and Sainsburys has probably already cashed the postal order, as I sent it to them originally.
    Last edited by Flowerpower; 18 June 2012, 14:19.

Comment

DaisyBell's UE Diary

I would leave them to be confused, if they can't tell their left from their right then thats their problem.
      Last edited by Flowerpower; 18 June 2012, 14:19.

Comment

DaisyBell's UE Diary

Thanks for that Pepe, I probably will!

Also, could some kind moderator explain how I can change the thread title to 'DaisyBell's UE Diary'? I was a bit slow at picking that up! Thanks again.
        Last edited by Flowerpower; 18 June 2012, 14:20.

Comment

Re: DaisyBell's UE Diary

Thank you FlowerPower, for the suggestion and changing the title for me. Much obliged. I will ignore the letter for now, leave it to Wescot to make the next move, as I don't think Sainsbury or Halifax intend to do much else at the moment.

Comment

If they can't trace the account, then that's their tough luck!
            Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

UPDATE

MBNA Credit Card
              Start Date : September 1999
              Approx Balance : £6,960
              Date of last full payment : March 2011
              Arrangement : not paying at the moment
              Account Owner : debt assigned to Link Financial on 29/03/2012

I think a couple of reduced payments were made, stopped when CCA sent.

May 11th - CCA sent to Link by Recorded Delivery

May 18th - received letter from Link dated 16th May, they have requested a copy of the agreement from MBNA but think it may take up to 30 days.

July 11th - received letter from Link, dated 9th July which reads as follows:
              "Please be advised that Link Financial did order a copy of the agreement however due to the age of the account the vendor was unable to provide one. Please be aware that this account was for a MBNA credit card account which was opened on 15.09.1999 and default on 31.01.2012. The account was assigned on the 29.03.2012 and on date of assignment the balance was £7027.36 and the current balance is £6962.36. If you have any questions or queries in relation to this letter please feel free to contact one of our account officers on tel *** who will be pleased to offer any assistance in this matter that they can."

Do I have any questions or queries???

Comment

Originally posted by DaisyBell View Post
                "Please be advised that Link Financial did order a copy of the agreement however due to the age of the account the vendor was unable to provide one.
                They must have been gutted to send you that

Comment

MBNA update:

Having previously received the following:

July 11th - received letter from Link, dated 9th July:

"Please be advised that Link Financial did order a copy of the agreement however due to the age of the account the vendor was unable to provide one. Please be aware that this account was for a MBNA credit card account which was opened on 15.09.1999 and default on 31.01.2012. The account was assigned on the 29.03.2012 and on date of assignment the balance was £7027.36 and the current balance is £6962.36. If you have any questions or queries in relation to this letter please feel free to contact one of our account officers on tel *** who will be pleased to offer any assistance in this matter that they can."

I have now received a letter dated 19th July and headed Reminder Notice, demanding we pay £64.00 immediately or the full outstanding balance will be due. Do I need to reply? Is there a nice template letter I can send them?

Comment

MBNA update:

Having previously received the following:

July 11th - received letter from Link, dated 9th July:

I have now received a letter dated 19th July and headed Reminder Notice, demanding we pay £64.00 immediately or the full outstanding balance will be due. Do I need to reply? Is there a nice template letter I can send them?
                    I would just see what they do next if it were me...........
                    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

MBNA update:

May 18th - received letter from Link dated 16th May, they have requested a copy of the agreement from MBNA but think it may take up to 30 days.

July 19th - received reminder notice to pay £64 now or the full outstanding balance will become payable. Letter ignored.

August 9th - Having informed me that they cannot find an agreement for this account I received a letter today stating that as I "have not advised us why you have stopped making payments we have cancelled your repayment plan." it then goes on to say "Whilst we remain committed to recovering this debt by negotiation we will, if needed, pursue you through your local county court if you do not contact our office."

Any thoughts on whether this should be answered or ignored?

Comment

MBNA update:

July 19th - received reminder notice to pay £64 now or the full outstanding balance will become payable. Letter ignored.

August 9th - Having informed me that they cannot find an agreement for this account I received a letter today stating that as I "have not advised us why you have stopped making payments we have cancelled your repayment plan." it then goes on to say "Whilst we remain committed to recovering this debt by negotiation we will, if needed, pursue you through your local county court if you do not contact our office."

Any thoughts on whether this should be answered or ignored?
                        I would send this if it were me-------> Final Response - Unenforceable (No CCA Received)

Comment

Thanks In2Deep, will do.

Comment

Next Customer!

Cahoot Flexi Loan

Started July 2005

Approx balance £4,726

Last full payment approx April 2011, at present not making any payments

Status - defaulted

Account Owner - Wescot

May 19th - wrote to Wescot requesting CCA agreement

May 26th - received reply, telling me to contact Santander directly.

June 1st - wrote to Santander requesting CCA agreement

June 11th - received reply from Wescot noting my request, reply in due course, and account now on hold.

September 20th - received reply from Wescot, copy of agreement, emailed to Niddy.

Comment

Next Customer!

Cahoot Flexi Loan

Started July 2005

Approx balance £4,726

Last full payment approx April 2011, at present not making any payments

Status - defaulted

Account Owner - Wescot

May 19th - wrote to Wescot requesting CCA agreement

May 26th - received reply, telling me to contact Santander directly.

June 1st - wrote to Santander requesting CCA agreement

June 11th - received reply from Wescot noting my request, reply in due course, and account now on hold.

September 20th - received reply from Wescot, copy of agreement, emailed to Niddy.
                              Well Niddy says it is unfortunately.

I've been 'winging' it for the last four months, now Niddy suggests blagging instead, is that the same sort of thing?

Comment

Working...
                              X