GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script canfords diary - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

canfords diary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• canfords diary

After years of struggling i'm finally taking the unenforceability route.

I've sent my first CCA requests this morning. I have checked my credit file and listed each account individually. I'll update as the CCA requests come through.

Hopefully Niddy can help out with checking my CCA's? ;K7

My aim is to try to straighten out my credit file through unenforceability, but if the debts are enforceable I'd like to try and get the payments down to the minimum possible...to give me a chance to negotiate f+f's sometime down the line.

Great job on the site update btw.

Re: canfords diary

HSBC Loan
    20k - Taken July 2005
    CCA request sent - Awaiting reply
    Outstanding balance - 9000
    Last full payment made - June 2010
    DCA - Still with HSBC
    Current Status - Making regular payments, varying from week to week, currently 5 months behind

Comment

HSBC Credit Card
      5k - Taken April 2005
      Outstanding balance - 700
      Last full payment made - Account upto date
      DCA - Still with HSBC
      Current Status - Making regular payments, varying from week to week, currently upto date...though have been paying the minimum for two years

Comment

Barclaycard
        13k- Taken June 2005
        Outstanding balance - 13k
        Last full payment made - Sept 2010
        DCA - Still with Barclaycard
        Current Status - Making regular payments, varying from week to week, currently upto date

Comment

American Express
          2.5k - Taken Dec 2007
          Outstanding balance - 2.5k
          Last full payment made - Oct 2010
          DCA - Still with American Express
          Current Status - Making regular payments, varying from week to week, currently upto date

Comment

Credit File

Lloyds Current Account - 5k overdrawn
            Status - Satisfactory
            Start date - Dec 2006
            Struggling to meet payments, bank have stopped increasing my overdraft and are requesting I repay...

HSBC Loan - 9k outstanding
            Status - 5 months late
            Start date - July 2005

American Express - 2.5k outstanding
            Status - Satisfactory
            Start date - Dec 2007

O2 - Balance of £130 Settled Sept 2010
            Status - Default
            Default Date - September 2009
            Start date - Nov 1996
            Settled the account as soon as i realised it was overdrawn...
            Question - Is there any chance i could get this default removed?

O2 - £0 outstanding
            Status - Satisfactory
            Start date - June 1999

Natwest Current Account - £0 outstanding
            Status - Satisfactory
            Start date - Jan 2002

Natwest Current Account - £0 outstanding
            Status - Satisfactory
            Start date - April 2004

Royal Bank Of Scotland - £0 outstanding
            Status - Satisfactory
            Start date - Nov 2001

HFC Bank plc - Credit Sale - £0 outstanding
            Status - Settled
            Start date - June 2006

HSBC Bank plc - Current Account - £0 outstanding
            Status - Settled
            Start date - April 2007

Orange - Daughters Mobile Phone... - £0 outstanding
            Status - Default
            Default Date - August 2009
            Start Date - Oct 2007
            Settled the account as soon as i realised it was overdrawn...
            Question - Is there any chance i could get this default removed?

Lloyds TSB Bank plc - Settled - £0 outstanding
            Status - Satisfactory
            Start Date - May 2007

Lloyds TSB Bank plc - Settled - £0 outstanding
            Credit File still showing as , but I settled this account with a full and final settlement (about 50%) last year...
            Status - 4 payments late
            Start Date - March 2006
            Question - Should I send a letter to try and get the credit file updated with Satisfactory / Settled?

HSBC - Credit Card - £700 outstanding
            Status - Satisfactory
            Start Date - April 2005

Barclaycard - Credit Card - 13k outstanding
            Status - Satisfactory
            Start Date - June 2005

Natwest Credit Card - 3k outstanding
            Status - Satisfactory
            Start Date - Nov 2004

Natwest Credit Card - 3k outstanding
            Status - Satisfactory
            Start Date - Nov 2004

Comment

Hiya

Ok, regards to your debts - you need to be looking to send a CCA to each and every credit related account meaning you cannot CCA mobile phone or other utilities, nor can you CCA bank accounts (overdrafts) - otherwise, for all cards and loans then send a CCA off and then post an update with each, and email me the agreements to check one by one.

Right now, forget your credit file cos no matter what you're going to end up defaulted if you take the UE route so having one or 100 defaults makes no difference, you'll not get credit for some time. I'd seriously think about cessasion of all payments into these types of accounts which will get their attention, then you let the lender sell the debt and make offers with the DCA for any enforceable or exempt debts such as mobiles/overdrafts,

Lots to take in but pointless half-doing a job, you need to see it through from start to end.

Regards to your bank accounts, you must ensure you do not use any of the card or loans lenders as your main account, so if you bank with HSBc then you should move as they will start to offset the debt at somepoint using your credit in the bank account if necessary.

Hope the above makes some sort of sense?
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy,

Many thanks for the quick reply.

As things stand i have:

HSBC Loan - 9k - CCA request sent
                HSBC Credit Card - 700 - CCA request sent
                Barclaycard - 13k - CCA request sent
                American Express - 2.5k - CCA request sent
                Natwest Credit Card - 3k - No CCA request sent
                Natwest Credit Card - 3k - No CCA request sent

I am listening to what you say about doing half a job.

[size=5]Haven't sent CCA requests for my two seperate Natwest Credit Cards yet. Basically, this is my local bank and i am reliant on having access to physical cash for my job. This may sound daft but i didnt want to spoil my relationship with Natwest... Should i send Natwest CCA requests regardless? Will this effect how they are with me? I was hoping that if any of my other debts were unenforceable i would have been able to settle my Natwest cards and keep banking with them. Is that a bad idea?

The other thing is that i have never reclaimed any charges back on any of my cards/accounts. Should i put this on the backburner for now until the CCA's are received?

I had been using my Lloyds bank account which is 5k overdrawn. I do have a parachute account aswell. Is there anything i could do to try and reduce/settle this Lloyds overdrawn account? Are 1 pound token payments the way to go?

I will send you copies of the CCA's once received.

Thanks again,

canford

Comment

Hiya ;Hi

You "shouldn't" really keep any accounts cos ultimately the minute that you get defaulted from the other lenders Natwest will see this and panic and start to reduce your limits anyway! All banks utilise monthly CRA feeds and this is what allows them to safely manage your limit.

So, why you'd want to keep ANY accounts beats me.... usually UE is the final straw, the last chance saloon before formal action such as IVA/BR.... it is not designed to allow you to sinply not pay your debts.

have a rethink and post back, of course i'll help with the accounts you want help with but i'm saying, you're wasting your time if you actually believe that you can keep two accounts open whilst defaulting on the rest. That can also look dodgy if you ever went down formal route, cos you are favouritising creditors......

So with respect to your charges/reclaims - yep, put this on hold for the moment until we establish what is enforceable/unenforceable..... and update this when you hear back from the 4 CCA requests you have sent out. k k
                  I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by canford
                    I had been using my Lloyds bank account which is 5k overdrawn. I do have a parachute account aswell. Is there anything i could do to try and reduce/settle this Lloyds overdrawn account? Are 1 pound token payments the way to go?
                    Can you confirm whether you use the Natwest as your main bank now? I'd look to pay a pound or so each month..... or just ignore them and see what action they attempt to bring, at which point you can then negotiate something.....

Comment

Working...
                    X