GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Halifax Recon ? or con ? - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Halifax Recon ? or con ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax Recon ? or con ?

Hi all from a new member
    i was looking for some advice.
    I sent a cca to the Halifax about 2/ 2.5 years ago they sent a recon and i wrote saying this was not a true copy and was basicly unacceptable.They then wrote saying they could not produce a recon. I stopped payments they sent a default notice which didnt give me enough time to rectify then they closed my account. I wrote back as was advised rightly or wrongly i dont know and accepted the unlawful recision. The account is still with original lender afer being passed from Albion to capquest and now to Robinsons way all of which iv ignored now Harwich Farrely have sent a letter from same address as Robinsons way saying they may take court action if i dont pay up.Do you think i should ignore again or send them a letter saying the Halifax cant come up with a recon cca .Thanks maxedout

Re: Halifax Recon ? or con ?

Originally posted by maxedout View Post
    Hi all from a new member
    i was looking for some advice.
    I sent a cca to the Halifax about 2/ 2.5 years ago they sent a recon and i wrote saying this was not a true copy and was basicly unacceptable.They then wrote saying they could not produce a recon. I stopped payments they sent a default notice which didnt give me enough time to rectify then they closed my account. I wrote back as was advised rightly or wrongly i dont know and accepted the unlawful recision. The account is still with original lender afer being passed from Albion to capquest and now to Robinsons way all of which iv ignored now Harwich Farrely have sent a letter from same address as Robinsons way saying they may take court action if i dont pay up.Do you think i should ignore again or send them a letter saying the Halifax cant come up with a recon cca .Thanks maxedout
    Hi & welcome

Can you confirm, have the HBOS actually written confirming they cannot locate the original agreement?
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Never in doubt , Yes they sent a recon with new default charges and wrong apr when i took out the credit card and i wrote back saying that it wasnt a true copy they replied saying they could not supply a recon at this time. Thanks max.

Comment

Hi Never in doubt , Yes they sent a recon with new default charges and wrong apr when i took out the credit card and i wrote back saying that it wasnt a true copy they replied saying they could not supply a recon at this time. Thanks max.
        Do you have that letter still? If so photocopy it and send it with one of these to "Harwich Farrely"

---> Our Templates | Unenforceability Templates | CCA Query - Letter Previously Confirming No CCA

That should sort it, but regardless they cannot enforce so you'll be fine

* I bet you never got such explicit and direct help on CAG did you? I have just read your thread there, glad you ended up finding us - now you'll get the right nelp that you need.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks Never in Doubt, yes i still have the letter. Will this make them dig a bit deeper for a recon with that reply. max

Comment

Thanks Never in Doubt, yes i still have the letter. Will this make them dig a bit deeper for a recon with that reply. max
            No! They've told you they don't have the original so they cannot possibly create a recon as a recon is based from elements of the original - ie you've won this, just send that template with a copy of their letter and it'll be fine. Read the diaries here, we have loads of similar cases - they basically sit in limbo until statute barred usually

Comment

Ok thanks a lot Never in Doubt.

Comment

Ok thanks a lot Never in Doubt.
                My name is Niddy or nid or plain old if you prefer

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                  plain old
                  Plain and old....never !

Comment

Good to see you here Maxedout..... you're in safe hands now..
                    Remember the mantra:
                    NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                    Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                    Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Also dont forget, the fact this debt has been passed back and forth so much is because they also know, they do not have the original agreement, and they can not enforce the debt.

Personally, i would continue to ignore as its clear no court action will ever be taken. But i guess at the same time, its good to show you have communicated the facts and not ignored the situation.
                      I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Originally posted by pepe2008 View Post
                        Plain and old....never !

Comment

Hi Priority thanks for the info and link to this site. Is it worth posting up what they sent to me about no recon? thanks maxedout

Comment

Hi Priority thanks for the info and link to this site. Is it worth posting up what they sent to me about no recon? thanks maxedout
                            Yes... please post up what you have on here. Did you send Niddy's letter in post #4?
                            Last edited by PriorityOne; 10 February 2012, 23:55.
                            Remember the mantra:
                            NEVER communicate by 'phone.

Send EVERYTHING by Recorded/Special Delivery
                            Keep a copy of EVERYTHING sent
                            Keep hold of EVERYTHING received

PriorityOne & CPUTR 2008 (ex P1 CAG CPUTR 2008)

Comment

maxedouts marbles ue diary

Hi here is the history on this one.

March 2009 sent a cca request off to HFC and carried on paying the correct amount till november 2009 like a lemon .

All Marbles cards were sold to BOS around this time they sent a letter saying they couldnt supply a cca so stopped paying.

After letter tennis and it being pased around a few times i recevied a NOA off BOS saying Capquest had bought it around Jan 2011.

Sent them account in dispute letter as no cca. The response was we bought the account in good faith and didnt realise there was a dispute, but we will put your account on hold while we investigate.

This is great as im not being bothered by anyone and havent heard anything in over a year and the SB clock is ticking away.

The only thing thay bothers me is why and where do they think they have the right to keep adding £100 to the balance each month as shown on my credit file.
                              I think its best to leave sleeping dogs as they are not bothering me and can add what they want because they wont be getting it.
                              Unless its to inflate it to sell on. thanks maxedout.

Comment

Working...
                              X