GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Statute Barred - lost SJ hearing*Thread CLOSED*-Case continues in AAD+ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Statute Barred - lost SJ hearing*Thread CLOSED*-Case continues in AAD+

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statute Barred - lost SJ hearing*Thread CLOSED*-Case continues in AAD+

i have recently lost a CCJ summary judgement hearing and wanted some advice regarding an appeal

Re: Statues Barred lost SJ hearing

Hi John good to hear from you ,someone will be along soon ,hang on xxx
    if you do it today and you like it you can always do it again tomorrow

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hello Johno23 and a warm welcome to AAD

Can you give us a little more background?
      Forgive me for taking a guess - was yours the case I've seen on another forum where the judge overturned a Statute Barred defence based on a Default Notice issued 8 months late?
      If so we were hoping you'd come here for help!

Elsa x

Comment

Hi Elsa

Yes it was me in the other forum so you are probably well aware of my case.

Where do you want me start?

Comment

I'll go read through the whole thread then

Meanwhile if you could give us basic details and precis of the case that would be great:

• Type of account (credit card/loan)

• Date account commenced

• Amount of Claim

• Date last paid (before judgment)

• Date claim issued / date of judgment

• Claimant / solicitor

Plus details about the hearing and any other relevant info..

Elsa x

Comment

Thanks Elsa

Just to let you know the Judgement of 13k has been paid not sure if that is the end of any appeals as the judge gave me until 4pm on the 26th August and I did not want a CCJ, as I am going on holiday on Monday. Not sure if that ends any appeal.

MBNA credit card taken to court by PRA group.

Court claim: 20th May 2015

Last payment made 3rd February 2009.

Default notice 9th October 2009 to pay arrears by 26th October 2009.

The judge went that the cause of action is the default notice.

Summary Judgement date was 12th August 2015

Account opened in 2004

Kind regards

Johno

Comment

Originally posted by johno23 View Post
              i have recently lost a CCJ summary judgement hearing and wanted some advice regarding an appeal
              Hello johno and to AAD.

I was shocked when I saw what happened.

Can you start by emailing me three things:

a copy of the original summons (N1)

a copy of your Defence

a copy of the summary judgement application with the Claimant's Witness Statement and any exhibits they provided with it. If you filed your own WS in reply then a copy of that would be great too.

Don't blank anything out as our email is totally secure.

Use planB@all-about-debt.co.uk with a copy to webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk.

If you're considering an appeal it may be wise not to post too much information on this thread until we've taken a peek at your documents to ascertain the story so far and your current legal position.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Plan B x

Comment

Thanks Plan B

Stupidly I was annoyed and burnt everything!

I will send word documents of all the info, if that helps, as I posted all info on the other forum.

I do have copies of credit agreement, 2 default notices, statements etc

Can I request certain documents again from there solicitor?

Johno

Comment

Stupidly I was annoyed and burnt everything!
                  I know the feeling!

Send me what you've got and then we can always get copies from the court if things progress.

No promises but at least let's take a look at the situation. We have access to a solicitor who guides us in these matters.

Take Care

Plan B x

Comment

MBNA credit card taken to court by PRA group.
                    Who were the solicitors for PRA?

Did you ask the DJ for permission to appeal at the end of the SJ hearing? If so did he refuse?

If you're going away on Monday will you still have email contact?

Finally, how long was the hearing?

Plan B x

Comment

It was an absolute travesty of justice, a blatant error of law, so I'm not surprised you were angry!

Comment

Chivers in Surbiton

But they instructed an agency solicitor for the hearing.

Hearing was 1 hour.

The judge did not ask if I wanted to appeal, he made it clear the cause of action is the default notice.

Does it not matter that I have paid judgement?

Comment

Hi

glad you found us. I was trying to get a message to you

--> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...User-SB-or-Not
                          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

No you can still appeal even though you've paid. We'll speak to our solicitor for you
                            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Can I request certain documents again from there solicitor?
                              Don't do that, let's keep schtum for now

If you're considering an appeal you will need a transcript of the hearing and they don't come cheap which is why I asked you how long it was. Some SJ hearings are only listed for 20 minutes.

Can you add a contact phone number to your email to me please, and confirm your holiday start/finish dates.

Plan B x

Comment

Working...
                              X