GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help MBNA/Virgin - CLOSED - Continues in AAD+ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help MBNA/Virgin - CLOSED - Continues in AAD+

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help MBNA/Virgin - CLOSED - Continues in AAD+

Hello, may I ask assistance for my sister who had a mbna/virgin card taken out in 2003 and was unable to keep up payments in 2010. Is the application form and T&c's sufficient to get a ccj against her. The prescribed terms received from the cca request claim to be what was overleaf on the application unfortunately she can't remember if that was the case.

• Type of account credit card

• Date commenced 17/04/2003

• Approx balance £4,500

• Date last paid 2010

• Are you on arrangement or not paying not paying

• Status default 2011

• Account owner Pra, with Judge & Priestley sending letters

Thank you in advance for your assistance and views

Re: Help MBNA/Virgin cc is this enforceable

Only a judge can decide that daveyjj66.

Can she remember where she filled in the application form? A lot of MBNA applications were made by someone approaching you (mine was at the airport as I was about to fly off on holiday), they filled in the form and you signed it. You didn't get the chance (or have the time) to check what was on the reverse.

What do the letters from Judge and Priestley say?
    Let your smile change the world but don't let the world change your smile

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Hi Pixie, Thank you for the reply, yes she believes it was at a shopping centre filled in by the rep and she signed. I have the documents scanned if u want me to post or email

Many thanks Dave

Comment

Could you email them to Niddy (webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk) with your username in the subject line. It might also be an idea to put a link to this thread in the email.

I usually think that these MBNA application forms are UE but PRA (Judge and Priestley) have issued claims to a couple of our members recently with regard to MBNA cards and, as this is in the last year before becoming SB, I would err on the side of caution.

I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Thank you I will do it now.

Many Thanks Dave

Comment

You've blanked it all out. It's useless like that. How do I know who did what? Did mbna blank it? You?

Please send unedited version.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

How many images!!! From 1 PDF in order to 100 random images lol

Ok hard to read on my phone so I'll come back to you next week but at first glance it looks enforceable based on the recon info.

J&P will issue a claim so it's not looking good. How was it taken out - was it a rep in store / airport etc or how?

If you resend in a PDF I can properly answer you but basically the page that you did get with the card shows terms 1-3. They mention term 11 in the agreement (relevant to recon terms 4-19) which was not on the original. I know as I had one myself

They've provided a recon but if they quoted a non existent term i'd say it's improperly executed so although it may be "enforceable" - there may be options to defend if a claim was issued.

Thanks
              I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

It seems it *might* be improperly executed as an agent filled it in & the defendant signed so likely no terms were issued at the time the contract was formed - especially as she never filled it in.

You need to send a SAR & LBA response. Ill ask Jo to help when the claim is issued but for now send a SAR & LBA response. You'll be better joining AAD+

--> http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/aad-members.php

Comment

Thank you, will do

Comment

SAR and LBA sent to DCA and they have not acknowledged the requests and used the £10 towards the debt, what response should my sister send to the DCA.

Many Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by daveyjj66 View Post
                      SAR and LBA sent to DCA and they have not acknowledged the requests and used the £10 towards the debt, what response should my sister send to the DCA.

Many Thanks
                      That's very naughty of them! They have 40 days to respond to a SAR and nothing says that they have to acknowledge the request on receipt.

I would get your sister to write a one-liner saying that the £10 was the fee for the SAR and enclose a copy of the SAR request letter with the line "I also enclose the statutory maximum fee of £10 which should cover payment for my formal request" highlighted. Make sure she doesn't write anything which acknowledges the debt.

Comment

Thank you Pixie, I will update her and get the letter off to them.

Many Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Never-In-Doubt View Post
                          It seems it *might* be improperly executed as an agent filled it in & the defendant signed
                          Standard practice for the reps at that time.

Comment

I believe they can do what they like with the fee. Providing the sar request letter was formatted correctly it will be clear that the fee was not a payment or acknowledgement of the debt
                            However they can apply it to the balance if they so wish. It's an argument they would not win should they try and say it was a payment towards the debt.

Comment

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                              I believe they can do what they like with the fee.
                              I didn't know that.

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
                              It's an argument they would not win should they try and say it was a payment towards the debt.
                              Of course, so make sure your sister has kept a copy of the SAR request should it be needed later on.

Comment

Working...
                              X