GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Help MBNA/Virgin - CLOSED - Continues in AAD+ - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help MBNA/Virgin - CLOSED - Continues in AAD+

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Help MBNA/Virgin cc is this enforceable

Originally posted by SXGuy View Post
    I believe they can do what they like with the fee. Providing the sar request letter was formatted correctly it will be clear that the fee was not a payment or acknowledgement of the debt
    However they can apply it to the balance if they so wish. It's an argument they would not win should they try and say it was a payment towards the debt.
    Actually they can't. ICO stipulates that the SAR fee must NEVER be used for anything other than its intended purpose, ie provision of data under s.7 (DPA).

If they apply it to the debt and provide the data they're still in breach however them paying your debt is great. It does not create a new cause of action anyway - but they need telling to remove the fee from the debt just to make life easier all round.
    I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Re: Help MBNA/Virgin cc is this enforceable

Thread continued in AAD+ Secure Legal Section: http://forums.all-about-debt.co.uk/s...up-v-Daveyjj66

****This thread now closed.****

To join AAD+ click on this link ---- > AAD+ Members Portal

Comment

Working...
      X