GDPR Cookie Consent by SimpleServe Privacy Script Unenforceability and credit reference agencies - AAD Consumer Forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unenforceability and credit reference agencies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unenforceability and credit reference agencies

I began my unenforceability journey with the help of Never-In-Doubt nearly six years ago now. The help I obtained was invaluable and the knowledge I gained took all the panic I felt away almost overnight. Niddy, I am eternally grateful to you and the other forum members who helped me.

I decided to check my credit report with one of the leading UK reference agencies as I have several accounts that I defaulted in Nov 2009 using the templates you provided. These only have a few months until they become unenforceable and should drop off of my credit reports( I have made no payments on them since before their default date).

As I am sure many forum members are familiar with, some of these accounts have been sold on, transferred moved generally from pillar to post. On the agencies payment records one of them shows payments made up to 48 months ago which is a downright fabrication and a few of them have started the non-payment from when they took over, as recently as few months ago.

Can someone help with the following:
    Can anyone offer any advice regarding challenging this information as it is incorrect, the ref agency just suggests contacting the company involved, but there is no interest in them correcting it?
    How do I ensure that these accounts drop off my record after 6 years ?
    Are there any templates to deal with credit reference agency issues surrounding unenforceability?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Unenforceability and credit reference agencies

They should automatically be removed from your records 6 years (plus 1 month to be sure) after they were defaulted. I wouldn't check again until you are certain that they should all have been removed just in case any enquiries remind them that you exist.
    I'm an official AAD Moderator and also a volunteer, here to help make the forum run smoothly. Any views or opinions are mine and not the official line of AAD. Similarly, any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability. If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional - Find a Solicitor or go to the National Probono Centre.

If you spot an abusive or libellous post then please report it by Clicking Here. If you need to contact me, for instance if I've issued you a warning, moved, edited or deleted your post, please send me a message by clicking my username.

Comment

Good advice, thanks.
      Any thoughts though about the company that recently bought a debt from the original credit card company I defaulted five and a half years ago and have started the debt in their name as if its only a few months old? After 6yrs + 1 month from original default can I challenge it remaining on my report as if its a new debt?

Thanks.

Comment

After 6 years of non payment / last acknowledgement a debt becomes Statute Barred. It does not become unenforceable.

Wait until AFTER you've seen out 6+ years BEFORE arguing default errors as that would negate any SB argument. Leave it for now. You can sort it later. If it was a bank account the default can be over a year later since last payment. A card / loan must be within 9 months.
        I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks. Will grit teeth for another few months then!

Comment

To clarify, CCJ's are ONLY recorded by trust online. However a cra MAY report it ONLY if the judgment holder asks them to. No need normally as a CRA search from a lender for new credit ties in with a Trust Online (public data) search as part of the application.
            I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Working...
            X