Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• egg card

Hi all,

I’m in the middle of a fight with egg. Unfortunately they are getting the better of me (probably because there are a lot more of them), so I wondered if any of you would be willing to help stick the boot in.

They have sent me a copy of my CCA for a credit card which was taken out in 2004 and claim all the prescribed terms are present. I have read the unenforceability section in the forum and dont believe they are... but am not entirely confident.

Does anyone have any experience with egg, especially with agreements of this age and, if so, can you please let me know if and where the wobbly bits are?

Cheers!

Re: egg card

Thanks Andy, will sort that right away. Cheers, Grumpy

Comment

Hi Grumpy, no email arrived from you...?
      I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Hi Niddy, sorry mate, the other half rang to say she would be home in 20 minutes and expected dinner to be ready... she who must be obeyed... Just sent it over. Thanks in advance for your help. Cheers, Grumpy

Comment

Hiya

Ok, mate the fact it was not signed doesn't change much i'm afraid. Regards to the actual agreement, it is enforceable - however, i'm inclined to suggest it is a copy as you've not signed it so may as well try and blag it for now, respond with this and see what they come back with.: ---> viewtopic.php?p=1624#p1624

Also, I tend not to deal with Egg cards - see my forum link on mse about it all here: ---> http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho ... ?t=2225041

Cheers Niddy
          I'm the forum administrator and I look after the theme & features, our volunteers & users and also look after any complaints or Data Protection queries that pass through the forum or main website. I am extremely busy so if you do contact me or need a reply to a forum post then use the email or PM features offered because I do miss things and get tied up for days at a time!

If you spot any spammers, AE's, abusive or libellous posts or anything else that just doesn't feel right then please report them to me as soon as you spot them at: webmaster@all-about-debt.co.uk

Comment

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly mate... had a look at the posts on mse too. Bo**ocks!

I had a call from a bloke at Capitol Credit the other day (on behalf of egg). He said (his words) if I dont clear the arrears in 2 weeks then egg will sell the debt to a DCA. Given that the agreement is enforcable, which do you rekon might be the lesser of the two evils: try and reach an agreement with egg now or wait until they flog the debt then try and reach a deal with the DCA?

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers, Grumpy

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy-old-git
              Thanks for getting back to me so quickly mate... had a look at the posts on mse too. Bo**ocks!

I had a call from a bloke at Capitol Credit the other day (on behalf of egg). He said (his words) if I dont clear the arrears in 2 weeks then egg will sell the debt to a DCA. Given that the agreement is enforcable, which do you rekon might be the lesser of the two evils: try and reach an agreement with egg now or wait until they flog the debt then try and reach a deal with the DCA?

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers, Grumpy
              Let them flog the debt and default you mate, that way no matter what you'll get a better price for F&F offers PLUS the default (and whole account) will be wiped from your credit file in 6yrs. If you are not defaulted and just agree to repay then the late payment markers remain for 6yrs since the last payment so lets assume you pay for 10 years the record would stay for 16 in total so it is best to get defaulted if you're not thinking of applying for credit in the near future.... ;-y

Comment

Thanks Niddy, default it is! Will keep you posted...

On a positive note, been scrapping with MBNA for the past 4 months. Recieved two letters this week. The first said that they would reduce thier interest rate right down if I started paying them again, the second said that they agreed that my credit agreement was unenforceable... but that I should pay anyway! Yeah right... after you put my interest rate up to nearly 40% and treated my like dirt when I couldn't pay. Not so big now they cant hide behind thier paperwork! What are they going to do if I refuse to pay... put me on the naughty step?

Keep up the good work mate, and good luck to everyone else on the forum.

Cheers, Grumpy

Comment

If they confirmed that your agreement is unenforceable then keep that letter safe - you will need it if they sell the account, we have a template here to send to new debt owners, that covers situations like this so whatever you do keep that letter safe!

Comment

Working...
                  X